Chapter 34: Divorce... I'll Do It

Chapter 34 – Divorce... I'll Do It

'OMG... You, why are you there? What should I do in this situation, where there's no escape?'

Firstly, I gently lowered my fists and leg, which I blew towards the air, and put my hands together in a more or less polite manner.

'What can I do next amid such a dilemma?'

Just to go straight. However, because of the trouble of tangling things like a skein of thread, I was not able to move forward willingly. He already had a lot of suspicions about me, and I was imprisoned because I was suspected of killing. For the first outing, I even evaded the surveillance and deceived, so I was already doomed. As if reading my mind, Gerard held the teddy bear wearing a dress in both his hands and moved the bear's paw beckoning cutely at me to hurry and move quickly.

My lively steps suddenly became heavy like cotton soaked in water.

'What's this? This pressure!'

I moved slowly, one step at a time.

Then,

"What did you enjoy so much?"

Hiiik-!

At the moment, I had no choice but to stumble. Because he whispered in front of my nose.

'That's right, this man was like a magician.'

Could it be that the devil in this book in which I entered was Gerard, not Theodor?

I looked at him with a frightened expression as he stared at me coldly with only one corner of his mouth raised.

* * *

Clip, clop- Clip, clop~

Silence.

Clip, clop~

Utter silence.

Rattle~

Endless silence.

It was difficult to even breathe properly. I was careful not to even pass recklessly the saliva in my mouth. Besides, I could hear the beating of my terrified heart.

I was like a prisoner caged in a narrow capsule in the middle of the pitch dark cosmos. Compared to the capital, it was a really short distance from the castle to the guild, but now it felt as far as the distance between the sun and the earth.

I was afraid, no, terrified. Why didn't Gerard let anyone know that I had left the prayer room? Even in the prayer room, he just handed the teddy bear to me and waited outside. When I opened the door, he smiled brightly and stretched out his arms to escort me.

I was anxious.

With what kind of heart did he just wait for me instead of looking for me? Even as we left the monastery, he was consistent with his smile. Why didn't he ask? As to how I know about the secret passage, and where I went.

There was a wagon and escorts in front of the monastery. Ariel, unaware of all this, faithfully rode on a horse and escorted the carriage.

How did she guard me? Why isn't Gerard punishing her? Why didn't he release the knights to catch me? The Dyson Guild's Bishop, Baden, and the priests greeted us politely and asked us to come often. And,

"I will present the request you mentioned to the High Priest. And our parish will do its best to take care of it."

Baden bowed his head deeply at us.