Chapter 11: Chapter Eleven

Is Stepmother A Sleepyhead?

Sinclair?"

Suddenly, the man's voice ceased.

"..."

I was perplexed. Why did he stop?

'Why? Why did you call? Why are you standing still after calling me? Why did you bring me here!'

When my words couldn't come out, my resentment smashed through my stomach and struggled to pierce my chest and flow toward him like hot lava. As if trying to control my struggles, the fog trapped my hands and legs. It was definitely foggy, but I couldn't free myself.

"Who are you?"

The man who called me seemed startled.

"...!"

"Where is Sinclair?"

Suddenly, a strong wind blew and hit me.

I felt my body flutter like a piece of paper and in an instant soar into the air.

Before long, I seemed to see a human figure in the white snow at the top of Todai Volcano, which stands tall in the distant center of the Demon Realm, and then,

"Kang. Joo. Hee."

My hair stood up straight. A being who can reveal my name. There was someone in that white snow. But I didn't know who it was.

I tried to open my eyes to see, but the white mist turned the whole world into a dark black cloud.

"Die, you must die!"

A resonant voice, humming as if coming from a deep cave, caught my body.

My arms, torso, and legs were bound, and I couldn't move my body. Suddenly, I soared horizontally into the sky and then dropped to the floor. Wait a minute, if I fall like this, won't I really die?'

Aahhhh!!

My body just fell to the floor and sounded like a puck!

Like the pain of an explosion, the pain of bones breaking burst through me. At that moment,

"Chinkwer!"*

"Sinclair!"

I heard a different voice call to me, not the insidious voice from earlier.

"Ugh!"

I opened my eyes, and in the gloomy darkness, blazing red eyes were staring at me as if to eat me. Something sat on top of my body so that I couldn't move at all.

"Kyaaaaaah"

I screamed, and those red eyes showed surprise too, and I saw fists rise to cheeks as someone shouted with me.

"Wuuuuaaaahhh"

"Kyaaah! Kyaaaa!!"

"Wuaaaaah! Wuuuuaaaa!!!"

"Kyaa?"

"Wuaa?"

As my vision expanded from red eyes to chubby hands to full outline of the face, I began to realize who was in front of me.

"Devil?"

"Deboh?"

Finally I came to my senses and pushed my upper body up from the mattress.

"Theodor?"

Theodor's smile reached to his cheekbones and nodded.

"Is Stepmother awake?"