Creepy guy

"Have u seen my tie?" Mild yelled.

"U gonna burst my ears! Please don't yell, we're in the same room!" I've been reminding him for the fifth time since morning. It's our Graduation Day!!!

After all the struggles and shit, finally, we are graduating. I'm happy but Mild wants to see it. Like he wants to see me jumping like a kindergarten so he can believe me. Haha, what can I do? He's the only friend I have! I have to bare it all. Thani invited me for dinner at their house but I'm hesitant, I dunno why!

"U can't turn them down Gup! It's a free dinner from a rich family... What else do u want for your graduation?" He teased. Well, it might reflect truth b'se my grandma lives very far away from the city and about my parents, they divorced when I was 5. So, everything I do is just for me and my grandma. I hope to see her soon.

"(Sigh) I'll think about it!" I concluded

"That's my Gup!" Mild cheered for me. I know his only intention is to patch me up with Thani but, I dunno. Maybe it's time for me to tell her the truth that I can't be with her. I don't wish to keep her waiting or even sacrificing more than what she already has. She deserves someone who will reciprocate her love, not a mere guy like me who's not even sure of his gender preference!

We headed for the graduation grounds and protocol was at it's place. After the speech and everything, Thani pulled me from the occasion and led me straight to her parents. I tried to tell her the truth but my tongue got tied knowing that I'll ruin her today's happiness. Maybe I can try again next time when she's not this happy.

"Congratulations Gulf! We saw you gifted a mathematics and physics certificate... U'll make such a great engineer!" Thani's mother praised me

" Thank you very much ma'am. But Thanya also received a Language certificate. We need to celebrate her victory. She's walking in her hobby!" I explained and Thani simply hugged me

We are now at Suppasit's mansion. It was highly decorated with "Congratulations Thanya" everywhere

We had our mini party and Thanya never failed to embarrass me by feeding me the biggest piece of cake in my mouth that I failed to swallow. I'll make sure to find the camera man and talk to him later about that photo. I bet I looked like a hungry crocodile huhu~

"So... What's ur next plan, Mr.Gulf?" Thani's dad asked me. We were at the dining table, enjoying the delicious meals prepared for the occasion.

"Um, I'll go back home for awhile, to see my grandma!" I literally didn't have any plans and I can't say that to him. I don't have anywhere to start but I believe there must be a way out.

"Dad.. I've been thinking about this for a while now. If u don't mind, why not letting Gulf work in our family company when he's still searching for his own opportunity? Tho working for Jongcheevevat company is everything u'll ever wish for Gup! " She winked at me. I just gulped. I know they're rich.

" Doesn't sound bad. Gulf looks like he'll make a great engineer in the near future. He's bright and hardworking!" Thani's mother commented.

"Plus he's your upcoming son-in-law!" Thani cemented. I found myself suffocating. Pressure was just too high.

"Well, maybe we should ask him if he's ready to grab the chance or not!" Thani's dad turned all the attention back to me. I felt compressed. Thani was giving me her most pleading eyes

"Um... Thank you very much for the chance but........" I stole another glance at Thani. She's at the verge of crying. "But I'll have to speak to my grandma first, if u don't mind!" I concluded.

"Yeeeeeeey!" Thani jumped and ran to hug me. Was that taken as a "Yes"?

_______________

I was on my way to the airport. My grandma can never say 'no' to me. I really want to help her when I become successful. I bought her a smartphone so that we can video call eachother and send her some cash. I don't know when I'll be back to Thailand so I'll have to keep in touch with her whenever I get a chance to. She's my only family.

"Told ya, I kept my promise. My baby Gupie is flying to U. S ..." Thani was bragging towards Mild just to get his faked jealous face. He nudge my shoulder playfully to show that he's proud of me. I'm feeling very nervous

"Don't forget about me Gup! Don't forget to send some dollars naa!"

"Ai Miiilldd! He hasn't even started working yet!" Thani complained.

"Don't worry, I won't forget about u buddy. We're still together" I assured

After some hours, it was time to board my flight. I had to travel alone b'se Thani told me that she hasn't finished some Art classes which require her to be on field. She's planning to become an actress so she's following her dream

"Don't worry Gup, just check on my phi after u arrive. Plus keep me informed incase u need anything" she insisted.

"I will Thani, thank you... Mild, stay safe!" I bid my goodbye's and they started waving as I walked to the gate. It was such an adventure being alone in a plane, flying to a foreign country.

The plane was luxurious b'se Thani's dad paid for the business class (VIP). I feel out of place but I had no choice. I calmly sat on my seat, near the window and plugged in my earphones after greeting the passenger who sat next to me. I closed my eyes to catch a nap since I didn't get any sleep last night.

I was woken up by the flight attendant who asked for my order and after that, my nap was gone. I felt as if someone is watching me and hell no, I was right. Since I got in the plane, this guy next to me has been watching me throughout!

I tried to relax and ignore him but that guy never bothered to tear his eyes from me. I had to visit the toilet to get some space alone, this is totally creepy!

"Hey, u okay?" I felt a heavy voice behind me, making me jump of shock

"Y-yeah, I'm fine!" I tried sounding cool

" I'm so sorry. I know I might have made u feel uncomfortable b'se of my intense stares but I just couldn't refrain myself from staring at your angelic face. Again, I'm truly sorry for that!"

I sighed. I'm glad he knew that I was very uncomfortable. He's so weird!

"It was offensive but I guess it's settled now!" I tried acting like a cool dude.

"I'm glad to hear that. By the way, I'm Kao Noppakao" he stretched his hand for handshake with a broad smile.

"Gulf Kanawut..." I shook his hand then excused myself. It felt very weird seeing a stranger acting like that to me.

The rest of the journey, I tried acting all cool when the guy kept flooding me with "not so important" questions.

Finally, we are landing at John F Kennedy International airport. It was around noon and the sun was kinda hot. I immediately followed all procedures to get my belongings, trying hard to avoid that creepy Kao guy!

"H-hello....." I spoke through the phone. My hands were literally sweating

"Yes, have u arrived?" His deep voice rang in my ears again, making my heart throb wildly on my heavy chest.

"Y-yeah..."

"On my way....."

I stayed for a few minutes at the waiting area before seeing Thani's phi from a far. I was so happy to see him but as he came close, he wore this flat face which made my smile disappear!

 I was so happy to see him but as he came close, he wore this flat face which made my smile disappear!

"Welcome...." He spoke nonchalantly. I gulped. It's been 2 years since we last saw eachother and this is the expression he's showing me? I mean, I thought we were becoming friends.