Chapter 2

Jax woke up, groaning a little over the buzzing of his phone. He reached out, a thick muscled, and veiny arm coming into view as he brought the device to his ear.

"Hello?" he mumbled, looking around the room his eyes instantly falling on the naked blonde next to him.

"Hi Jax, it's Dorothy. I have two calls for you. One line is your wife. Something about a nanny arriving... and the other is Mr. Clifford," his assistant told him. A groan escaped his lips.

"Line two, please," he mumbled. Three seconds later, he heard the familiar voice.

"Hi, Jax. This is Shawn Clifford. We talked yesterday regarding the settlement to..." a small, deep groan escaped from his lips.

Jax got up, eyeing himself in the mirror and ignoring the small blonde next to him. Thick pecs and abs came in view in front of him, chest hair present and trailing down to his deep v-line where he saw his prominent manhood. Proud of what he saw, he grabbed a pair of joggers and walked back to the room, barely listening to what Mr. Clifford was talking about.

Ocean-coloured eyes gazed at the skimpy female clothes on the ground. He grabbed the tiny clothes and threw them at the woman occupying his bed. Her eyes shot open, he told her to get a move on.

He got a dirty look from her. French girls were so stuck up.

"Yes, yes, the meeting is tomorrow about the settlement," he said, a deep voice echoing around the flat. Jax watched the woman leave his multi-million euro flat in downtown Paris. The man wanted this phone call to end, as he truly wasn't in the mood to talk about anything work-related. It also didn't help that he was nursing a nasty hangover.

"Well, Jax, unfortunately, we can't do it tomorrow. Today at two works?" Jax's eyes instantly opened, turning around to look at the clock in the kitchen. One p.m. would be fine. Three coffees and a shot of whiskey would be enough to help him survive the meeting.

Continuing to walk through the house, he saw another woman on the couch. Groaning once again, he shook her awake.

The brunette's eyes opened, locking with his blue ones. Jax mouthed 'get the fuck out' before going back to the phone call.

"Yes, I will be there, Mr. Clifford. Thanks again for everything," he hung up and groaned, raking his fingers through his locks before making a coffee.

"Sabrina, Sarah, Sally, Serena-" he trailed on, trying to remember her name.

"Fleur," the girl snapped, grabbing her dress from the floor.

"Thanks for last night. You need to leave. Don't forget to sign." Jax turned his attention back to the espresso in front of him, downing the first one of the day and then slamming down a whiskey shot.

The girl left begrudgingly, signing the book at the door.

Two seconds later, his phone rang again.

"Seriously," he mumbled, taking the phone to his ear.

"Jax Alderidge speaking," he said, heading to the ensuite bathroom.

"Jax, it's Claudia. I left twenty messages for you this morning. The nanny arrived today, and I expected you to be here."

'Claudia. Fuck.'

He hummed, taking out a suit from the closet and turning the shower on.

"Stuck in Paris. I won't be back yet. Give the kids kisses for me, I'll see you soon." Hanging up, he threw the phone onto the bed and stepped into his morning shower.

Claudia hired a new nanny. She actually did it. The question was, who was the nanny?

Jax prayed that it wasn't some grumpy old lady who screamed at his children.