Chapter 19

Monday was hell. Her name had been splattered on the front page of every newspaper or tabloid in London, and now everyone knew about her, Jax and Atticus, and their odd relationship. Harriet truly felt that her life was some sort of drama series. It shocked her really that her whole life was one drama after another. She was at the point where she was close to fucking off to New York.

Honestly, she didn't care about being professional anymore. If your bedroom life was being publicized for all to see, one wouldn't really care anymore. Monday, she arrived in orange and blue plaid pants with a graphic tee tucked in, tattoos on display, red lip, and hair in a high ponytail. However, the minute the elevator dial hit the twenty-third floor and the ding rang through, she looked up to see everyone in the office looking at her. Viola was patiently waiting in front of the elevator.

"Kensington! My office, now," Viola sneered, arms crossed in her pencil skirt and short blonde hair. Oh fuck, she was in trouble.

Ignoring the obvious stares, Harriet grabbed her bag closer and followed the thin woman to her office. What wrath would she endure? Would she lose her job? She won't. Atticus would never let that happen.

The door slammed behind her as Viola walked around to her chair at her desk.

"Sit."

Harriet slowly sat down on the couch, leg bouncing anxiously. Viola was an easily angered woman. She knew some yelling would occur soon. Harriet grew anxious as she stared at her. The brunette woman hadn't even had her morning coffee. Therefore, she was in no mood to deal with this bullshit.

"Jax Alderidge is our lawyer. Atticus Astor is your boss. I wake up Saturday morning to your face, my boss and lawyer on the Metro newspaper, delivered to my house. I read it. I had a lot of faith in you but turns out you are troublesome. I can't fire you or else I will get fired. However, you have been an embarrassment to this company. You decide to make a scene at our public event, ridiculous! In front of all our clients, Ms. Kensington!"

"Viola-"

"Harriet," she spat, telling her to shut up.

"I lied to you..." Harriet began. Viola raised her eyebrows at her. "When you asked me if I could write a book about anything, and I talked about two orphans. You asked if it was more of an autobiography than a fiction story. Well, Jax and I were two orphans who fell in love when we were teens. I have known him my whole life. I am sorry about the scene, I tried to control it, but Jax has an anger issue, and Atticus-"

"Mr. Astor?"

"Yes, Mr. Astor just poked the bear. I am sorry if you want me to resign, I can-"

"Shut up. You're my best editor, so shut up. This is a warning, Harriet...if I ever see you again causing a scene, I will fire you. However, you have been moved, believe it or not. Mr. Astor asked for you to be his personal assistant. Pack up your cubicle and go up to the thirtieth floor. Here is your new key card," she told her, sliding over the card.

Harriet stared wide-eyed...Atticus moved her to his own personal assistant. Was that a promotion or not?

"Thank you," she mumbled, getting up and heading out the door.

"Harriet?" She turned around. "Write it."

Harriet raised her eyebrows, confused. "What?"

"Write the book about you and Mr. Alderidge. Send the manuscript to me and I will publish it. There is more to the story than you say. It'll make a great romance novel."

"Thank you, Viola. However, I am a reader, not a writer."

"Never say never. Now get out of my office," she said sternly, attention back to the Mac computer in front of her.