Chapter 22

"Fuck!" he yelled as he watched her drive off. Harriet showed no mercy when she closed the door. The love of his life was gone once again, and he knew it was his fault again. What do you tell the woman who found your diary of 'arrangements', past endeavors, and conquers? He swore on the road. He should've known better, he should've come early and gotten things ready and hide all of this, hide the evidence, but he knew she would've found out one way or another.

Jax couldn't be blamed for having a past. She had a past too. However, he realized that bringing the love of your life to the place where you fuck, and ditch wasn't exactly right. Now, he stood there feeling ashamed.

He knew that if he hid this for any longer, their relationship couldn't have been salvaged. He could fix this. Jax needed to fix this. Once again, he was at fault because of his stupid actions.

Jax walked back into the flat. The smell of cigarettes and her woody yet floral scent lingered even though she has only been there for a few days. The lawyer felt as if the world was against him, as every chance of happiness he had, slipped through his fingers. Whose fault was that?

In conclusion, he needed to get rid of everything. Remove every drunken mistake and so-called evidence of any past lover. Paris was going to be their place, but he fucked up that too. Jax wanted to erase the weekend and restart it. He should've rented or even bought a new place. What was he thinking of bringing her here?

Jax swore and yelled. Once he was back inside, he took out a trash bag that had every device from the flat. Every sex toy, every object that had ever touched other women is now gone. Harriet was going to be his wife, lover, best friend, and partner in life. This life he once had needed to go, and it needed to go now.

He took out his phone the screen brightening up as he pressed his realtor's number. Three rings later...

"J'ai besoin de vendre."

(I need to sell)

Jax was back in London by the end of the day. He called his cleaner asking them to get rid of everything in the Paris flat. To make it sellable and less like a sex dungeon.