Chapter 17

"Hello?" Atticus called into the room. His voice echoed throughout the small studio apartment. Harriet was still in the bathroom spraying hairspray for the final touch.

"Coming!" she exclaimed. Her hair was pulled back into a low pony. The easiest way to fix sex hair. The curls were evident, and makeup still light. She paired it with her black slip dress and strappy heels. Giving herself one final look, she walked out and sent a light smile to the man in her flat.

Atticus was awestruck. She looked gorgeous. Heaven was right in front of him. Red lips that he desired to kiss that night and a slight smirk on her face that he wanted to get rid of. Atticus looked her up and down biting his lip as he watched the woman across from him. Harriet could quite possibly be the woman he was going to love forever. His eventual triumph in life.

"Ready, Mr. Astor?" she quipped, hand out and ready for him to take. He took it, kissing it lightly before hooking it around his arm.

"Follow me, Ms. Kensington."

The Audi was parked in front of the red brick building looking sleek and sexy. The nightlife was loud on a Friday night in London, cars honked, and people yelled. Harriet smiled slightly, thinking of the city's story. Everyone had a life here, a story to be lived. Their arms were still linked as he opened the passenger door to the car. She thanked him as she got in.

* * *

They arrived at an older concrete building with pillars and a roundabout. Like something out of the movies. A fountain was in the middle as cars and limousines of grand brands parked around it. Brands that she could never afford. Audis, Aston Martins, Maseratis, and Range Rovers, the list goes on. People sporting fine clothing came out of their vehicles with their snobby faces. This was truly a lifestyle she was not yet comfortable with, but she could get used to it, possibly.

The door opened. A man dressed finely helped her out of the car. He gave her a warm smile as her heels hit the red carpet. Atticus' voice was in the background as he handed his keys to the valet. He came around sending her a smile as his hand found its way once again to the bottom of her back. The touch was lower than normal making her shudder from the contact. His hand was planted at the beginning of the curvature of her ass. It was a light touch, not groping or cupping, just a light nudge. Harriet just ignored it. It could have been a friendly touch rather than a flirtatious touch.

"This way, love," Atticus told her, leaning over and whispering in her ear. It made her shiver as his voice vibrated through her body. She nodded, following him through the grand entrance. She could hear the band, the tapping of heels, and light chatter from the polite weather talk.

They entered together into the grand ballroom. Instantly she saw people dressed in elegant clothing, black and white, with expensive smiles and tastes. Their hair was done to the pristine and their lives are deemed to be flawless, yet they probably all have a skeleton in their closet as most rich people do. Words couldn't express how she felt when she walked into this event. The two of them were on a balcony that surrounded the area, two staircases in front of them diverging from one another as it led down to the middle where the party took place. Everything was old, sandstone and pillars, but nevertheless gorgeous. She felt like a duchess at the ball about to meet her prince charming.

"Let's get a drink," Atticus offered as they went down the staircase, her hand gliding down the railing to the dance floor.

Her eyes took one final look around the room before being diverted back to the bar. She recognised the ocean eyes she used to call home in the distance. Jax looked handsome as ever in the black suit he wore earlier on, clean-shaven, and hair styled. Harriet could not keep her eyes off of him. Images of earlier flashed through her mind as he stood talking to some men with a champagne flute in hand. His smile was grand, and laughter rolled off his lips. Harriet had to hide her smirk. He truly was a God. The God of sex, power, and dominance.