Chapter 27

The two of them took a bath together. Harriet splashed bubbles at Jax, which resulted in him warning her to stop. She chuckled as he growled each time which followed by his classic, "If you do that again, you will regret it, Kit." She didn't listen. Jax dove at her placing wet kisses and nipping her skin while tickling her.

Harriet sat in her sweats in his walk-in closet, watching him walk around choosing his suit for the next day. Jax was a full-course meal, and she couldn't get over it. His bottom half covered, but his top part was on display. Harriet could never get over his god-like body. Simply watching him made her drool.

"So, tell me about your dad and stepmom. You haven't told me anything, Jax."

Jax sighed, picking out a grey suit and studying it in front of him. "My dad is a nice man, fifty-nine years old with three boys. He still works, but he works for me, which causes a lot of chaos. He's kind, intelligent, and a good lawyer. What else do you want me to say?" he told her, still studying the suit in front of him.

"Your stepmother?"

"Dorothea, we call her Dory. She met my dad when she was twenty, and he was twenty-eight. Came from money, and never worked a day in her life. All she does is host parties and go to brunch. She is stuck up but can be lovely when she chooses to."

Harriet tried again, "Brothers?"

"Nolan is younger, twenty-two, and in university for business. Euan is twenty-five and is working as a sports med doctor," he explained, turning around and kissing her lips.

"Ok. They don't sound at all stuck up and spoiled," she retorted, getting up and making her way to the bathroom.

"Kit, it's the life I am in it now. You can't-"

"I know. It is just hard to hear stuff like that or watch your life. I remember I had days where I couldn't feed myself, and I had to choose to pay my overdue rent rather than my weekly worth of groceries. I love you, Jax. It is just hard for me to get used to all of this," she told him, grabbing the duvet and getting into bed.

She quickly checked her phone, seeing the 'ok' for tomorrow from Atticus.

"Kit, I am sorry. Fuck, I should've come to you earlier," he rambled, pulling his hair as he paced. "I should've fucking found you when you were eighteen, but no I had to deal with my family bullshit. I can't believe, fuck," he mumbled. Jax looked at her, "I am sorry you had to go through with that. That isn't fair. We're together now and I am going to take care of you."

"Don't hate yourself. I love you. Come to bed."

He nodded, going to the left side and pulling back the sheets. Her head was on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Their breaths were in sync as they whispered goodnight to one another and mumbled, 'I love you'.

* * *

Harriet woke up with a huge amount of anxiety. There was only one other time that she has met with a significant other's family and that was Kai's. Kai's mother, Edith, was the sweetest woman on earth and eventually took the mother role in her life; the two of them were still in contact to this day. In her gut, she truly didn't know how today would go. There was one thing for sure, and that is that Jax and his kids loved her. It doesn't matter what his family thought of her when she had Jax's small family.

His arm was draped over her waist, hand landing right under her breast. Harriet's eyes glanced over her surroundings, seeing the light rays coming in from the large window. Jax was fast asleep, his breaths hitting the back of her neck as his shoulders rose and fell. In moments like this, she felt the happiest. Harriet was in her lover's arms and waking up in his embrace was the best feeling.