Chapter 29

That week she officially moved in. She had her stuff in his penthouse, her room in his closet, and her own toiletries in his bathroom. They were really beginning to be quite serious.

Harriet had a plan in place, a solid plan that made her simply smirk by thinking of it. She had to make sure that the kids were back at Claudia's before she would do anything. Ember walked in on them once. She didn't need that to happen again.

The kids got picked up a week later, the following Monday. The week was spent with laughter, giggles, and fun. Harriet felt like she was back at the beginning when she was their nanny and simply falling in love with their faces. She was in heaven.

Not only that, but Jax was there the whole time. He accompanied her to the playground for coffee, shopping, etc. It was their little family, and she was completely in love with it. She did mourn for them when Claudia came back a week later to take them.

One week with Jax, and then she had the kiddos again, she reminded herself.

* * *

Monday night, the two of them came home from dinner. Ever since the conversation a few weeks ago, Jax had truly put an effort into their relationship to treat her like his queen. To love her unconditionally and treat her like his partner rather than his competition.

He had his arm wrapped around her waist as she giggled at his story regarding his youthful days. Jax rambled on about a bet he did back in university about whether he could jump from the roof and land in the pool with over fifteen shots in his system, and who knew how many other drinks. She chuckled as he told her he really thought he could do it. Spoiler, he failed and did a belly flop.

The flat was filled with his roaring laughter and her small giggles as they went to the kitchen.

"Stay there," he said to her, kissing her cheek before walking to the amp and turning the music on.

Soft jazz began to fill the apartment. Harriet leaned against the counter as Jax bowed to her. A giggle left her lips.

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" He asked, hand out for her to grab.

Colour went to her cheeks as she placed her hand on top of his. He brought the back of it to his lips and placed a kiss on it. She bit her lip as he began to dance with her, swaying them to the music with her in his arms.

Jax had both his arms wrapped around Harriet's lower back. Her arms were around his neck. They swayed gently. Her cheek was against his chest as he whispered words in her ear.

"I love you," he said gently.

The lights were dim, and the dark night covered the sky as they swayed to the beat. Trapped in the love they had for one another as they let their imperfections be perfect for each other and were enough for their love.

"I love you too," she mumbled.

He took her hand, twirling her, before going back to the gentle rocking.

"I am sorry we didn't get together sooner," he said.

Harriet sighed, shaking her head and looking into his ocean eyes. "Everything happens for a reason, Jax. Our life apart was a learning experience, but we found one another again and that is all that matters. I love our little family, Jax. Em, with her wittiness and cheekiness, will grow up to be the most independent and extraordinary woman. Caleb, even though dirt and grass are more exciting than a toy, I already know he will be brilliant, strong, and wonderful."

He nodded, kissing her head as they continued to sway to the music.

"If we found each other earlier, Jax, maybe they wouldn't exist. I couldn't imagine our life without them. We are the now," she said, looking up as he kissed her lips gently.