Chapter one

As the plane begins to land I started to get more and more nervous.  I didn't want thing's to be awkward, but I didn't know how Will or El would react to seeing me.  It's been so long since I've seen them. 

If you've ever landed in a plane before, you know it takes a while.  I was waiting anxiously in my seat for twenty minutes before we finally landed.

I fixed my clothes, a yellow hoodie and jeans, as I stand up to leave my seat.

It took a while to get off the plane, since I was a little further back.  But eventually I got off the plane.

My heart was racing as I walked down the long hallway and stepped into the airport.  I saw the familiar group as soon as I walked into the building.  El ran up to me and hugged me with a big smile on her face.  I hugged her back, not realizing the guys surround us. 

"Hi!"  She says excitedly while pulling away from me.  Her hands were still gripped to my sleeves of my hoodie.

"Hey."  I laugh.  I still felt dizzy, like my heart was beating out of my chest. 

She let go and we all stood awkwardly.  Will seemed more tense then any of us. 

What happened between us?

"Uh...this is my friend, Argyle."  Jonathan says, probably trying to diffuse the tension. 

The greeting was very awkward.  I hated it.  I don't know what I expected but it definitely wasn't this.

There was another boy standing with Will and it annoyed me.  Who was he? 

But more importantly:

Why didn't Will seem happy to see me?

***

Word Count: 286
Date Published: 2/22/23