Chapter fifteen

*This Chapter is going to be told from Will's pov.*

***

The months leading up to summer were absolute hell.

Ezra and his friends would not leave me the fuck alone.

I couldn't even walk into the hallway with someone tripping me, shoving me, or punching me.  I was constantly bleeding from somewhere and I always had a headache and my body always hurt.

Ezra still was begging me to take him back.  Of course I refused.  I guess it all could have been over if I just took him back.  But now I had an opportunity to be with Mike.  I loved Mike.  I love Mike.  I always have.  I've always wanted him and only him.

El helped me a lot through it.  She helped me hide it from my mom which wasn't really difficult because she was always working.

Jonathan had been working on stopping the drugs he did.  Nancy had broken up with him because of some stupid college thing they planned out but Jonathan didn't want to go to the same college she did.

Needless to say, these past few months have been hell for everyone.

I talked to Mike almost every day though.  He called me whenever he could and we always wrote back and forth.  He would ask how I was doing in every letter.  I kept my promises.  Kind of.

I told him some of the thing's that were happening.  The thing's Ezra had been saying to me.  I didn't really go into details and he never asked me too.

I didn't keep my promise about hurting myself either.  I only did it maybe once or twice but I couldn't help it.  I didn't want to necessarily die, I just wanted to numb the paint for a bit.  Somehow hurting myself makes me feel better.

We leave California to go to Hawkins tomorrow.  Mom had rented us a house over there so we didn't have to stay in a hotel all summer. 

We had everything packed and ready to go.  I was incredibly anxious.  I didn't know how Mike would react to seeing me.  I hope thing's aren't awkward.  I can't believe we might actually be together.  Or maybe he was just lying so I would break up with Ezra.  I'm not getting my hopes up to high.  Life doesn't seem to work in my favor.

I was terrified to leave our house like this with Ezra and his friends out to get me like this.  I decided to take everything that was important to me.  Just in case any of them broke into the house.

I can't wait to see the party again.  Mike said everyone has changed.  I wouldn't be surprised but it was confusing.  I was scared the party wouldn't be as happy to see El and I as we were happy to see them.

I finished packing my suitcase and went to bed, not bothering to change my clothes.

I'm beyond anxious.

***

Word Count: 500
Date Published: 2/23/23