Hiding out in the bright sun

This was their first full day at their holiday destination. They arrived late in the evening as they took a vista yet flight. Of course Max had bought his plane for them to travel discreetly. But since flight radar and an actual Twitter page to track his plane exists by now they felt like if they wanted to try to have a quiet holiday, there best chance was to travel unknown. Since all the attention was now pointed at them.
After they had stumbled in to the lobby of their holiday destination the girl behind the desk had looked at them with wide eyes stumbling over her words but luckily she didn't mention it and for that the couple was great full.

As soon as they had entered the lodge they just managed to brush their teeth and take of their clothes changing it for a different shirt before stumbling in the bed and falling a sleep. The next morning they had breakfast on the patio before they changed in their swimming trunks ands that's how they ended up on their private beach next towards a their holiday lodge.
Max had been swimming and Charles had been enjoying the sun. After warning his boyfriend for a terrible sunburn a couple of times it was Max who took Matters in his own hands. He got The tube of sunblock out of their bag and squeezed out the cold liquid over his sleeping boyfriend's frame. Who screamed as the cold hit his skin. Cursing at his boyfriend with no heat behind it. Trying to get his boyfriend back who ran straight back in the water again as he new Charles probably wouldn't follow him so fast.

————-

"What are you looking at?" Max smiles as he plopped down next to his boyfriend on his towel his hair still dripping from the salt water he just came from. The cold drops sending shivers down Charles sunburned spine.
Charles who was sitting with his legs bend in front of him , arms out around them smiled up. "Nothing, just thinking"
"About what?" Max asked wiggling his eyebrows "how hot I looked coming out of the water" he jokes as he flexed his muscles. "No" the monegasque smiled back though he couldn't hide his dimples. "But now that you mention it" his smile turns cheeky as he leans in pulling Max towards him by his neck. One last quick glance around before he kisses him short but slowly and passionate.

Max smiles at him as they pull apart his eyes are moving, scanning his boyfriend's for answers. "But tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours because I know what you're doing, you are trying to dodge the subject" As he intertwines their fingers in the sand,
"It's stupid really" Charles sighes, looking at their hands before looking up again. "It's just- seeing you in the water like that brought back memories from our last beach holiday... though it is different, it still feels the same you know? I- I just" he stalls with a sigh as the now stares over the sea in front of them though never letting go of the Dutchman's hand. "It's just- we are hiding out from the press again— we did then too and we both now what happened then... I almost lost you" his eyes are now a bit watery as he looks at Max again tightening the grip on his hand. "I- I just can't shake this feeling that something bad will happen again" he sniffs before he chuckles. "Like I said it's stupid cause it makes no sense. We are here , we are out and proud and together so we should enjoy" he states certainly.

"Charles, babe , look at me" Max says sweet though sternly. "Your feelings aren't stupid, you can talk to me about it, always!" He now smiles at him. "I had the exact same thoughts this morning when I woke up and you were still sleeping. It is understandable you think like that"
"Thank you Maxy and I know, thank you for reminding me. You can always come to talk with me too" he smiled back at him before leaning in for another kiss that the dutchman gladly recuperates.

One kiss turns in to two... three...four...five as things turn more heated. After a while of making out the monegasque is lifted up by the dutchman expecting to be carried in to their cabin by the strong arms holding him though he knows he was fooled as he hears the splashing of water around them and the icy cold droplets hitting his back. "MAX EMIlLIAN VERSTAPPEN DON'T YOU D-" he just manages scream while he can't contain his laughter before Max pulls them both down under the cold surface still holding on to him. As they came up again he wrapped his arms around that Dutchman's neck looking in to the dutchman's eyes. "I hate you!" He said though his smile couldn't fool anyone. Max just laughed "I love you too lieffie" as they closed the distance between them once more. Their fingers tangled in the others wet strands of hair.
After a while they parted, a faint blush evident on their cheeks as Charles bit his lower lip, looking up through his wet eyelashes. Making his dimples stand out even more. "How about we take this inside? For real this time" he says while smiling. And who is Max to ever deny him such request?