You are never alone

Charles hadn't said much on the short ride towards their apartment. Everything that has happend going through his head. Max words lingering on the surface. "Lieffie, if you want me to? I- I can do it? I can come out- alone, if you are not ready? At least they will be of your back?"
Charles hated it, hated this race, hated the person who was forcing to out them, hated the media who gladly went along and tried to bring them down. But now he mostly hated himself, himself for even considering Max's offer.

They had promised each other that they would do it together. Everything, even if they were scared. The memory of them talking about it still vivid. They both sat in a secluded booth of the hotel in Abu Dhabi way back in 2017. They promised each other again last year after the very same man tried to drift them apart.

"No" Charles said barely above a whisper somewhere during the night while he was staring at the wall off their living room. He hadn't said more then he had to so he was drained. Max who was reading a magazine beside him looked up surprised, not expecting Charles to talk when he was in this state. He had learned through the years to just be there for him and let him process his thoughts.

Charles had now turned to Max and was staring at him, reaching for his hand. "N-no, I don't want you to come out alone" he said as his voice wavered. Max now sat up to, took Charles's hand and rested it between his warm palms. Scanning his features and searching his eyes for confirmation. "Are? Are you sure Charlie? You don't have too for me" he said as he now reached out to stroke the monegasque's cheek.
"I do though" he now said with his voice more steady. "I promised you together, so we will do this together. I feel bad for even considering it in the first place" he admitted honestly while looking at their hands."you are always there to take the fall and to take care of me. And I love you for it, but i don't want you to cause I'm here for you too!"

Charles could see the tears welling behind the Dutchman's eyes. Who now lunged forward and took his face between his palms and kissed him short but passionately. Now taking a breathe resting their foreheads together. "I love you" he sighed against his lips. "But aren't you scared?" He asked now searching his eyes again. Making sure this was really what his boyfriend wanted and was ready to do.
Charles chuckled lightly. "Of course I am scared" he smiled sadly before he continued. "But I'm okay as long as I do it with you"

————-

"You ready?" Charles asked Max while they sat on their couch. After their talk yesterday evening they decided that now was the time. So they notified their teams and decided witch way they would go about it. They picked out some pictures. Reminiscing those moments now they were still in their little bubble. When those shared moments were still just theirs and the secluded group off people that knew.
They choose one of the pictures Brad and Andrea took of them during the winter test in Bahrain. It was in the privacy of the paddock when no one was around. At that moment they didn't even knew that their trainers were watching. Charles was helping Max with his new helmet, getting geared up for the nee season. It was really one of their favorites. For good measure they added some of them through the years.

"I guess as ready as I'll ever be" Max smiled halfheartedly at him. Before he kissed his boyfriend one last time. "We can do this, I love you, whatever happens" this made Charles smile to. They kissed once more before they pushed send.

———————

Charles_leclerc

⚫️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️

📍Monte Carlo, Monaco
Liked by: pierregasly, martingarrix and 989.342 others
Charles_leclerc: sempre ❤️ @Maxverstappen1

View comments
Maxverstappen1: ❤️❤️❤️
Pierregasly: liked by @pierregasly ands the rest of the world ❤️
joris__trouche: couple le plus rapide🤍🏎️
arthur_leclerc: fier de toi
scuderiaferrari: #FORZALESTAPPEN!
ElinaFresk: 🎶I'm so excited and I just can't hide it🎶
EsmaOzdinc: 😍
DrinkerOfTheAlcohol: couple goals!
Lauraiswriting: love it! ❤️
FantasyWorlds14: YESSS! 💙❤️
Judy_Taurus: olala 😍
Kindawritingg: love ❤️
—————————-
Maxverstappen1

View comments Maxverstappen1: ❤️❤️❤️Pierregasly: liked by @pierregasly ands the rest of the world ❤️joris__trouche: couple le plus rapide🤍🏎️arthur_leclerc: fier de toiscuderiaferrari: #FORZALESTAPPEN!ElinaFresk: 🎶I'm so excited and I just can't...

⚫️⚪️⚪️

📍Bahrain international circuit
Liked by: Martingarrix, josverstappen7, landonorris and 1032.156 others
Maxverstappen1: lucky me, he loves Maxplaining❤️💙 @Charles_leclerc

View comments
Charles_leclerc: as long as you like Leclercfying 🤍
Martingarrix: trots op jullie!❤️
landonorris: proud of you both! 🧡
redbullracing: the fastest couple we have ever seen❤️💙🏁
sophiekumpen: ik ben een hele trotse mama ❤️
victoriaverstappen: @sophiekumpen en ik een hele trotse (schoon)zus! 🤍
danielricciardo: I say 2023 wedding in Vegas 🥳❤️💙
MrsNorrisCat: @danielricciardo omfg yeas please I've been waiting on that forever! Though that might even take to long 😻🤭
queensnake: let's goo ❤️
HeiressOfSlyterclaw: this is exciting ❤️

——————————-

"Soooo...." Max sighed as he turned of his phone. "The word is out" he said as he now looked in the eyes of his boyfriend. "The word is out, w-we are out" he breathed as he tossed his phone away behind the pillows too.
"Let the circus begin" Max joked half heartedly as Charles closed the distance between them. "That is for tomorrow, today is still ours"

———-
Thanks to cloudiness on tumblr for letting me use these amazing edits. As you probably know these are fake but I just wanted to put it out there cause before there had been some confusion going around about them https://at.tumblr.com/cloudiness/inspired-by-this-anon-request-just-an-inchident/kjg8wq7x5nww