Wedding planning

Honestly Max expected it, he had seen it coming, Charles's Pinterest board. But damn this was a lot. He never realised there were so many things you had to take in to account and arranged. He knew it wasn't just suits, rings, a location and a officiater. Signed sealed delivered. But Charles had thought about everything and more. So much more. And Max was happy to oblige and agree but ofcourse Charles had other plans.

"Max! I don't want it to be just my wedding, I want it to be ours! I want to know what you think and want!" He sighed dramatically as he put the magazine down. Max couldn't help but smirk at the dramatics of his fiancé.
"Babe, what if I actually love what you picked out?" He said as he scooted closer and intertwined one of their hands. "Besides, you know I don't know much about styling and fashion anyway" he winked at him.
Charles rolled his eyes fondly a smile tugging at his lips. "I should have known, you still live in your skinny jeans" he said sticking out his tongue towards the dutchman. "Hey!" Now Max acted dramatically playing in to the hands of the monegasque. "You love the skinny jeans Leclerc! and you know it!" He said challenging popping his right eyebrow up.
"Oh? Do I now?" Charles giggled the magazine he was holding dropping on the floor.
"Do I need to remind you?" Max counterd as he got Charles right where he wanted him.
"Try me" Charles challenged him.
"Weren't you thirsting last week that you couldn't keep you hands of me because, I quote: god Max, your tighs look so fucking hot" he smirked as the Monegasque instantly turned as red as his Ferrari.

"That is what I thought" he finished only for Charles to get back at him again.
"Those pants weren't doing it, it were you with your trained tighs" the monegasque said as he leaned in closer, roaming his hands over Max's muscled tighs. Their faces so close breathing almost the same air.
Both men felt shivers down their spines. Closing the gap, a slow kiss on the lips followed by another one. Their arms wrapping around each other. Lost in their own world until Charles feels Max mumble something against his lips. "Mhh?" He asks pulling back just a little.
The glint in Max's eyes are hard to read.
"Now we come to think of that" Max says as he starts smiling again. "I think I'm the one of us with the better taste"
"Mhh yeah? Why is that?" Charles asks as he chases the dutchman's lips, closing the distance once more only half registering what Max had said.
"Yeah, cause I fell for the most beautiful man on the grid"
"Mhh" Charles said closing his eyes and kissing Max once more.  Loving to get Max's compliments and praise's .

"And not only that" Max said as he let his hands glide over his fiancé's spine.
"Oh?" Charles smiled against his lips. Waiting for Max's next compliment.
"I've proven my taste as I would never wear those atrocious jeans with the red panels or those blue one's you had on in Miami" he says grinning as Charles pushes off him now. "Hey!"folding his arms.
"Maybe the jeans with the red panels weren't my best choice I'll admit that but the white and blue ones are cool" hè huffs.
"Maybe" Max teases as he leans in again, wanting to continue where they left off.
"Oh no Mon Cheri" Charles dodges his lips as he leans further back. "You think I still want to kiss you after you ridicule my impeccable fashion sense? I don't think so Maxy" he says as he picks up the wedding magazine that layed abandoned  on the floor for good measure.
"Common Charly, are you sure?" Max tries again laying his hands on his boyfriend's legs while the monegasque keeps looking through the magazine trying to prove his point.
"Oh yes I am" he says pointedly though he tries to hide his smirk behind the magazine.
"Are you really?" Max tries again now looking at Charles now directly from behind the magazine, his eyes peaking out just above.
"Maybe" he admits and Max counts it as a win as he picks the magazine about his fiancé's hands and picks up where they left off.

—————

The next months go by in a blur, travelling from country to country for race weekends. Doing their work at their respective team factories in Milton Keynes and Maranello while trying to plan along from their hotel rooms and when they get the time when they are at home. While also trying to maintain their social life and have time for the other. But even so Charles has refused to hire a wedding planner as he wants to stay in control. Only this way they can be sure that it ends up absolutely perfect. At least so he claims. And as long as it makes Charles happy, Max is happy to go along.

So for both of them it's welcome change when summer break approaches. Next week they will leave for Sardinia, enjoying their well deserved summer holiday. But they wanted to keep this week for last minute arrangements and packing so they could fully focus on relaxing when they finally left.
But of course when you plan time for yourself, something always comes up. And this time it's no different.

They had just returned from Belgium late last night, they had visited Martijn's show after the race and had stayed with Max's mum the day after. Only to return to Monaco in the early morning hours after a hold up at the airport. Not that this was a problem as they could now sleep in.

The couple had decided to stay up cuddled in bed, watching some Netflix show while munching on some easy breakfast that Brad and Andrea would probably scold them about. If you could still call it breakfast at 15.00 PM.

They heard some knocking on their front door, but just as Max was about to get out of bed Charles pulled him back. "Leave them be, we are not home" he said with a smile as just wanted to stay cuddled up and wasn't in the mood for visitors. And of course Max only needed to be told this once. He let himself be pulled back in to bed easily. Letting Charles take the lead in whatever he had in mind.

It was only a little while later that his phone starting ringing on the nightstand.
"Turn it off" Charles mumbled as he kept kissing his neck and Max quickly reclined the call. But as it kept ringing again he glanced over the caller ID again. It wasn't like Daniel to call him twice in a row. He knew that Max would call him back when he got the time. So when the Call ended and within seconds started ringing again, flashing the Aussie's big smile on screen again, he didn't hesitate to pick up. Charles rolled his eyes but kept his lips attached to the dutchman's neck.

"Hey Daniel, I was in the mid-" as he was cut off.
Max eyes widened as he hears his friend on the other side of the line. As he rolls out of bed quickly picking up some clothes and trying to put on his socks, leaving Charles startled on the bed. "Max? What is going on?" He asks amidst of it all.
"It was Daniel, he said he needed help, he sounded so panicked and then the line broke off" Max says, his eyes wide. Charles eyes widen in shock as well, this wasn't like their friend, so he quickly jumped out of bed, hurrying to put on some clothes too.
"What are you doing?" Max asks.
"I'm coming with you"