Easter egg's

"So Max, did you enjoy your winterbreak? Anything exciting happened in those weeks off?" Tom the official F1 press conference interviewer ask him without any prior knowledge. Honestly it it was the usual question that all drivers used to get.

"Enjoyed the time off, you know spending time with friends and family you don't get to spend time with during the season"  he smiles and then mischievously adds. "Getting to eat everything I want, that we can't during the season" he then laughes at his own joke. "You know Redbull catering is good, but nothing beats a good and full home cooked meal!" jokingly pointing at last year's costcap drama. Earning laughes from the journalist in the room.

Though it is a bit more off a private question, Tom doesn't shy away from asking it as it is meant harmless. "Yeah, you and Charles enjoying cooking at home?" What makes Max just snort. "No! Charles can't cook to safe his li- oeef" he glares side ways playfully as Charles practically pushed him over on the couch they are seated on with a "hey, watch it!". Earning them another round of laughter from the people in the room. Playfully shoving his boyfriend back before turning towards the journalist again. "Like I said, Charles can't cook to safe his life, but I definitely can't either. So it's good that our mothers look after us from time and also in Monaco every restaurant practically offers take out" he smiles.

"So we won't find you two in the kitchen ever?" Tom ask playfully. "Oh we cook! If you want you can come over and taste our absolutely phenomenal blant tasting pasta's!" Charles chimes in. Referring to the pasta they cooked together last week. He still wondered how they manged to cook it so tasteless and crusty.

"Thank you Charles!" Tom bids with a smile. "Though I think for the food I first follow up on Yuki's offer if you don't mind" he says laughing. Before turning back to his question cards. Side tracked by the couple's jokes.

"So Charles, aside from your cooking escapades. You come back well rested for the 2023 season? Did you do anything special durning the winter break?"
Charles can't help but smile to himself, the crowd still oblivious to what went on just last month. Honestly he wasn't proud that they kept it quiet for so long. But in hindsight a month is nothing compared to the time they kept their relationship a secret.

"Nothing particular, just getting to spend time with loved ones" he says as he smiles sideways for a second. "But nothing special" he tries to say with his best media trained straight face while Max next to him just bluntly huffs. If Tom noticed the little interaction he didn't mention it before he askd his last couple of questions to Fernando before opening the questions for the journalist on the floor.

As the three drivers walk of the stage Fernando is the first one to question of what just happend.
"nothing special huh?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and a huge smile. "You guy's aren't being very subtle you know" he laughes as he walks along and pats them both on their backs. "Young love, I give you boys a month maximum before you break" he laughes again while walking off towards his own motor home. Convinced the young driver couple won't be able to keep their wedding plans a secret much longer as they practically beam and sparkle to anyone that passes them by.
Charles laughes but can't help but shout after him as some form of reply "well, tell Taylor we said hi!" He laughes as Fernando turns to give him the finger with the biggest smile. "I'll bring her as a date for the big day!" He jokes before leaving them for real this time. Still laughing far after he reached his Aston Martin motorhome. "Silly boys"

———-

Of course their friends on the grid knew as they returned back to the grid for the Bahrain pre season tests. They had decided to keep their news theirs until they wanted to share. On one hand they wanted to scream it from the rooftops. On the other they wanted ti enjoy the privacy about their wedding plans they had just now.