1

It wasn't even 07 in the morning and Jennie Ruby Jane Kim was already pedaling her exercise bike and simultaneously revising yet another manuscript. Her life was so busy that to keep herself minimally in shape, she spent an hour exercising. While she was doing that, in front of her, she left the huge TV in her living room running a video of a trail in the middle of a grove. She liked to imagine that she walked there every morning. I mean, she imagined it when she didn't have to be reading something, which is to say, she rarely enjoyed her own daydream.

As soon as her uptime was over, she let the air out of her lungs heavily by running one of her hands through the strands of dark hair plastered to her forehead. She definitely hated the sticky feeling of sweat, so she didn't wait more than two minutes to get out of her damp clothes and run for the shower.

It's been a while since her day started at that pace. She wakes up at twenty to six, drinks an orange juice, pedals for an entire hour, takes advantage of that time to work and when she finishes, gets ready to go to work.

Jennie was an excellent book editor. To reach that level, she had to make a lot of effort, so she gave herself entirely to continue in the position she struggled to reach. Staying with her made her give up many things in her personal life, but at that moment she didn't care a bit about it since her work was her best achievement and the thing that mattered most in her life.

After her morning shower, the cat-eyed brunette went to the mirror that was completely fogged up by the steam of her hot shower — hot showers made her relax. Swiping the palm of her right hand to get the slightest glimpse of her reflection, she began to scrutinize herself for a few moments.

Visualizing her own reflection was always a shock, as every day she found a new expression mark on her face or a small wrinkle forming at the corner of her eyes - at least that's what she saw. It was in those moments that he wondered if she should start adhering to plastic surgery. Okay, there was nothing on her face that would detract from her beauty, but she didn't like the fact that she was bothered by those tiny marks.

She was only a year old when she had reached her thirties and she was already afraid of old age. If she had any friends, they would probably say that all these questions about her appearance were baseless. But she had no friends.

After spending a few minutes stretching the skin on her face with her fingertips, she began to give up on the idea of ​​a facelift. Perhaps when she reached thirty-three she would return to that thought, but now she would try to shake it off.

As soon as she left the bathroom, she went to her room to change. Not unlike her usual self, she chose one of her black pencil skirts and a long-sleeved blue blouse. Dressing so socially and always wearing high heels wasn't exactly what she liked, however, she couldn't escape from always being like that, her job required her to look serious.

Before leaving the house, she helped herself to some cereal just so she didn't have an empty stomach. When she entered her office, went out late at night and, let's say, forgetting to eat was something totally common in her routine. She knew how wrong it was to go so many hours without eating anything, but when she saw it, she had already skipped a meal. Sometimes, she only ate because her irritating assistant would bring her lunch and place it on her desk and pester her every five minutes to take a break.

After her quick meal, it didn't take long to leave her luxurious penthouse located in one of Seoul's upscale neighborhoods and head to the publishing house where she worked, which was just two blocks away from her home. As it wasn't worth facing traffic because of the few meters, she took advantage of the walk to get on with her work for the day.

Fiddling with her phone, Jennie looked up the number for Andrea Rojas, a writer who was making her nervous about not wanting to do an interview with Oprah. Who doesn't want to be interviewed by Oprah? She questioned herself often while having to convince Rojas that this would be good for his career.