16

Before entering the room, Jisoo knocked on the door three times and then heard Jennie's voice saying to come in. As soon as she poked her head in, she didn't see Jennie at first, but then she noticed that Jennie was on the porch. With a certain fear of being expelled from there, she approached carefully.

"I thought you needed to stay away from me" Jennie commented when she noticed Jisoo's presence at her side.

"I said that with a hot head" Jisoo looked at her, but the brunette didn't do the same. "Honestly, when I saw you jealous of Soojoo, I thought it was a good time to tell you how I felt."

"I wasn't jealous," Jennie countered nonchalantly.

"I would never take you somewhere that I'd already taken someone else" Jisoo watched her for a few moments. She knew Jennie was wearing her usual armor and was pretending not to mind her presence. "I wanted to impress you. I wanted to do everything to get a kiss from you at the end of the night. It's not my fault that I feel this way about you. I just wanted... you to know and tell me something so I know if I should keep trying to reach your heart or get this out of my head."

"Get it out of your head?"

"You've already occupied a space in my heart for a long time" Jisoo started to feel the nervousness hitting "I just never noticed. But when I saw you reading that book, I just thought how beautiful you are when you're distracted. I looked at you and felt my heart beat in a way that never happened."

Everything was silent. Jisoo was getting more and more agonized by the second, but she would continue even if she didn't have any answers.

"I read that book every year," Jennie confessed in a slightly shaky voice. "My mother who gave me that book. I read because it reminds me of her and so I don't feel alone."

"You are not alone. Not anymore" Jisoo leaned in a little closer. "Even if you don't respond to me the way I'd like, I said I'd be your friend and I meant it. That means you have me for as long as you want."

"I didn't say I didn't love you back." Jennie glared at her. "I just didn't know what to say or what to do. You deduced that, but that's not what I meant."

"Irene called me stupid for that." Jisoo heard the brunette let out a low chuckle and automatically smiled. "Will you, with a thousand little hearts, forgive me? Do you want me to kneel? I do it, just say so. I'll do whatever you want, I always have" Jisoo shrugged.

Hearing Jisoo speak so simply and so sincerely, Jennie wondered if this was what it was like to have someone to share your life with. She could get used to having the blonde make everything seem easier, but no less meaningful. She already thought her assistant was a unique human being, but Jisoo, only Jisoo, was a really much more special being than she might think.

"You pissed me off," Jennie allowed herself to say. "It may seem like I don't care about anything, but I do. That time Yang called me a bitch in front of everyone, I went to the bathroom to cry" looked down. "I came to believe that I really was. Everyone said the same thing."

"You are everything I said yesterday in my speech. I wish I had noticed earlier. And, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't have gone along with the people at the publishing house." Jisoo leaned her back against the porch railing to face Jennie. "Anyone who doesn't see how wonderful you are is an idiot. I'm sorry for upsetting you."

It was hard for Jennie to stay upset with Jisoo with her being so sweet.

"Are you an idiot?" Jennie arched her eyebrows.

"I'm," Jisoo sighed in defeat. "Do you accept my apologies? I don't want to be away from you. I don't care where this takes me, but now, I tell you with all the certainty in the world. I'm very much in love with you, and if you don't know how to react or what to say to me, I'll be waiting. By the way..." she pretended to be thoughtful. "I'm in the same city as Soojoo and she's single, we're already dating... I might as well try something."

"I think you'd better go sleep with Irene." Jennie looked away from her and went back to the bedroom, getting ready to go to bed.

"So cute with jealousy." Jisoo smiled, closing the door to the balcony behind her.

"I'm not jealous." Jennie pouted and leaned against the headboard, turning off the bedside lamp, leaving everything dark. Without thinking too much, Jisoo also got under the covers.

"Can I sleep here, Jenlous?"

"The bed is yours. And I'm not jealous."

Laughing, Jisoo pulled her close, so Jennie could lay on her chest, and the brunette didn't object, she really wanted that closeness.

"You're not alone," Jisoo repeated again, starting to play with the brunette's hair. "I'll keep this up until you sleep. I know you like."

Jennie raised her head and Jisoo didn't understand why. The blonde was starting to wonder if she had pushed Jennie, but then, she felt Jennie's lips stick to hers. She couldn't help but look further for that contact and the brunette didn't refuse. Turning to the side, Jisoo wrapped her arm around Jennie's waist, pulling their bodies closer together. Jisoo could hardly believe this was happening and it wasn't because they had to pretend in front of others. A million things went through her head and they all led to the same question: why had she never kissed Jennie Kim before?

When the air was lacking, Jisoo left small kisses on Jennie's mouth making her laugh. Jennie was definitely feeling unique and loved. There was no other person in the world that Jennie wanted to be with other than Jisoo.

"I'm never letting you go." Jisoo sought Jennie's lips again. It was hard for her to stop doing that.

"Kiss me like that whenever you want." Jennie whispered still feeling out of breath. "Are we fine? Or do you still want to stay away from me?" Going back to bed and pulling Jennie to the previous position, Jisoo found herself in a state of almost anesthesia.

"Jendeukie" Jisoo went back to playing with her hair. "For me to stay away from you, only if you let me."