13

"So this is your life?" Jennie asked Lisa and Irene who were finishing up analyzing some worksheets.

"Yes." Irene nodded as well. "When we're not personally going to solve a problem, we're here solving a problem."

"I'd rather be paid to read books." Jennie laid her head back in her chair, staring at the ceiling.

The morning with Lisa and Irene was fun, they went to a nearby town in a mall to buy a new phone for Jennie. Afterwards they met Rosé for lunch, and the brunette could hardly stop laughing at the things the three told about when Jisoo was a child. However, in the afternoon they stayed at the office and boredom took over their being.

Jennie's work also had some minor bureaucracies, but most of the time she read the manuscripts, took notes, sent Jisoo to do five hundred other things for her, and then went home. Speaking of Jisoo, she had barely been able to sleep the night before thinking about the kiss the blonde had given her. More than once, Jennie thought about calling Jisoo to lie down with her and asking Jisoo to keep touching her hair until she fell asleep, but every time the words came to the tip of her tongue, she lacked courage to continue.

For three years she had managed to keep her feelings well hidden. She felt a huge attraction for Jisoo and it wasn't just for her beauty, it was for all the other qualities she had, but Jennie pretended not to see it. To avoid acting silly – which she thought people did when they liked someone – she preferred to keep a distance between herself and the blonde so as not to take any risks.

The irritating assistant, despite her grumbles, always made her day lighter. She loved the way she fidgeted with her glasses over and over when she got nervous, or how a wrinkle crept across her forehead when she got too thoughtful. It was quite a show when Jennie gave Jisoo a manuscript to read. In addition to showing in their expressions whether she were enjoying herselves, Jisoo meticulously noted what could change without interfering with the overall story. Jisoo would be a better editor in chief than Jennie and the brunette knew it. She always knew. And Jennie feared the day when Jisoo would decide to look for another job.

But all this time she managed to control everything, she kept Jisoo close, but they weren't intimate. Only then, she had the brilliant idea of ​​saying that the two were going to get married. And how could one not believe that when Jisoo didn't even seem to be acting and, moreover, only showed that she was even more a person who was very easy to fall in love with?

For someone who had always been in charge, realizing there was one person who could turn your world upside down was terrifying. As soon as she hugged Jisoo and told her superiors that they were engaged, she realized that it was a bad idea, as she would have to open up to her — just as she had been doing for the plan to work — and letting her in that way was dangerous. Dangerous on many levels. Dangerous to the point of surrendering in a way she has never surrendered to anyone.

"Jennie? Jennie?" Lisa snapped her fingers in front of her eyes.

"Huh?" Startled, Jennie quickly straightened up in her chair. "What?" she looked at Lisa standing in front of her.

"We were talking, but all of a sudden you traveled to another galaxy... in fact, I'd say you traveled to a blonde with dark eyes."

"I was thinking about the wedding" Jennie lied so as not to confess that she really had Jisoo on her mind. "I didn't expect to get married so quickly."

"Relax!" Irene approached. "Dara will certainly ask your opinion for the things she thought... Unless you didn't really want to get married."

"Of course I do," she tried to sound convincing. "It's just that it's still a shock to know that I'll be returning from Seoul married."