3

Slouching into her chair, Jisoo wondered how she would tell her family that she wouldn't be going home for her grandmother's birthday. As if it weren't enough all the holidays that she didn't return because she had to work, she expected at least to be with Grandma Kim in what could be her last year of life.

The blonde blew a strand of hair out of her eyes and grabbed her phone. The sooner she broke the disappointing news, the easier it would be to accept that one more weekend of her hellish life she would spend with Lucifer herself. If at any minute of the day it even crossed her mind that she understood why Jennie acted as if she had a queen in her belly, now it didn't happen anymore. I wouldn't say it out loud or in front of you, but she was a bitch.

Feeling between a rock and a hard place, she picked up her phone and called her mother. Once again, she would disappoint her.

"Jisoo, my daughter. What's going on?"

"Hey, Mom! I won't be able to go home for the weekend..." Jisoo bit her bottom lip as she dropped the bombshell without warning.

"May I know why you missed your grandmother's birthday?"

"I'll need to stay working."

"Again?"

"I know, Mom. I know," Jisoo said quietly afraid someone might overhear, "but it's my career on the line and I'm not going to throw this promotion away. I know Dad and Grandma will be upset, but..." she heard the clatter of Jennie's heel getting closer. "We take our obligations here very seriously and will call you as soon as possible." she hung up at the exact moment when the brunette stopped in front of Jisoo with one hand on her hip.

"Was it your family?"

"It was," Jisoo replied blandly.

"Have you been asked to resign?"

"Every day they ask" Jisoo's desk phone started to ring and she picked it up. "Jennie Kim's office. OK. All right." she hung up. "J'onn and James want you upstairs immediately."

With a grunt, Jennie closed her eyes and her right hand at the same time. She didn't want to waste time talking about unnecessary things.

"Pick me up in ten minutes. We have a lot to do."

Without waiting for an answer, Jennie left towards her superiors' room. Even though she had no idea what the conversation was about, she suspected it was about Yang's scandal.

Hastily, Jennie entered the elevator and went to the top floor of the building to meet J'onn and James. As soon as she got out of the elevator, she came face to face with their secretary who kept a smile on her face.

"Good morning, Miss Kim!" the secretary wished, but was answered by silence.

Quickly, Jennie opened the door and as soon as she entered the room she found the two men.

"J'onn. James." she shook her head.

"Congratulations on the Oprah show," J'onn began. "Excellent."

"Thanks." She smiled smugly. "This isn't about my second raise. Yeah?" she looked at the two waiting for an answer.

"Jennie, remember when we decided you weren't going to the book fair in Frankfurt because you weren't allowed to leave the country while your permission was in process?"

"I remember," she stated to J'onn.

"And you were just like that."

"We were going to lose a great writer to the competition." The brunette shrugged. "I didn't have a choice. I had?"