༺Xiao༺|| Sweet Protector

A/n: Before we start, can we just admire that birthday art of his? HE'S SO GORGEOUS ISTFG- (ok I'll stop now)

Started: 7 March 2023

Published: 17 April 2023

Edited:

AUs: modern AU, high school AU

Genre: fluff 

Warning(s): none; just wholesome fluff

A/n: I know I'm starting this a little early but I want to be prepared for my husband Xiao's birthday 🥰🥰🥰 (a hopeless Xiao simp here 💁🏻‍♀️) Anyway- I hope I'll do him justice coz I'm single and I love him very much <3

⭑·゚゚·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑.        ⭑·゚゚·*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  

Xiao POV (wow for once it's not Y/n pov)

Everything was silent. 

The voices of my teammates, opponents and the crowd all faded into nothingness.

In that moment, my spike was all that mattered. If I score this, we'll win. We will have a chance to to go to nationals.

However... a tall wall looms before me. What does it look like on the other side? Is it a clear sky? Or is someone lurking behind it to bite back at me?

.

All of these doubts are all blown away the moment I hear her voice piercing the silence.

"XIAO! GO!"

A satisfying and familiar sensation came across my palm as it met the ball. It was perfect. The toss, the spin, the angle and the feel of the ball. There was nothing that can stop me now. 

.

'There! That spot!' My eyes pinpointed the exact point where a hole in the opponent's defence and I went for it.

A loud, reassuring boom of the ball hitting the court rang through the room.

The referee blew his whistle, signaling that my team had won.

The whole room was silent for a second before the crowd erupted into cheers. 

As I stood there stunned, my teammates launched themselves at me, most of them crying in happiness.

"XIAO! Y-YOU DID IT! THANK GOODNESS!" Venti, the captain of the team sobbed.

I growled. "Get off me! You're sweaty!"

He ignored my protests and continued to sob while clinging onto me.

"XIAO! CONGRATULATIONS!" my lover, Y/n, shouted from the bleachers.

I smiled back up at her and raised my fist in victory.

After the awards ceremony and the trip back to school, our coach, Ms. Jean told us to freshen up because she wanted to treat us to dinner for our victory.

The whole team cheered and rushed to the showers.

Meanwhile, you ran towards me to give me a big hug.

"H-hey! I'm sweaty!" I protested but she just tightened her embrace.

"It's fine, dear! More importantly, you were so cool earlier! The way the ball went BAM! and WHOOSH! when you spiked it!" She looked up at me with stars in her eyes.