Chapter 3

Anjia Village was not far from the river, and a red figure on the bank jumped into the rushing river without hesitation.

The river water flooded his mouth and nose, Lu Gu didn't even have the thought of struggling, he let the river water fill his head, his body was torn apart by the swirling rapids.

His eyes were blurred, the wedding dress was more cumbersome and heavier than the summer clothes he usually wore, and after sinking into the water, the fabric became heavy after absorbing water, which made his light and unreliable soul return to its place, hanging in the air without knowing where to go His heart also gradually sank.

It's good to die. If you die, you don't have to be beaten anymore.

He thought calmly, his body floated down the river, he gradually stopped thinking about things, but in the end, he had a regretful thought, it was a pity that he died without even a thin coffin, and his stepmother would not give it to him Spend money on coffins.

——The

people in the yard were still fighting, Bao Zhiru was so angry that he repeatedly shouted: "Stop it, stop it!" As

soon as he finished speaking, he heard someone outside calling Lu Gu to jump into the river, Bao Zhiru said quickly: "Stop it!" Hurry up and save people."

Human life is at stake, the fighters stopped, Du Hehua got up from the ground, and spat blood foam at the feet of Wei Lanxiang and the others, half of her cheeks were swollen from the beating, and there was still water in her mouth. Swearing indistinctly, she was covered in dirt, but no one else was much better in the chaos.

Wei Lanxiang hadn't exhausted her anger, and was spat on again, and kicked over, but Du Hehua dodged it.

Bao Zhiru was about to go out with his people, when he looked back and shouted: "Beat and scold!"

Du Hehua originally wanted to spit again, but he had to swallow it.

Hearing a group of people running towards the river, blah, because it was Shuang'er who fell into the water, the men from Qingxi Village didn't go over to join in the fun.

Logically speaking, Du Hehua would have to go and see if no one else was going, but she didn't, instead she sat aside and combed her messy hair.

He didn't even go to Lu Daxiang, he covered his waist and ribs, hissed and inhaled, feeling that the pain was unbearable everywhere. He bared his teeth and glanced at Shen Xuanqing, don't think he doesn't know, but this son of a bitch is the worst killer, and he is the only one who picks him up. He was cursing in his heart, but he didn't dare to really curse out loud.

There is always some firewood piled up in the yard of the farmer's house. Ji Qiuyue helped Wei Lanxiang and the other two aunts sit on the firewood to rest and tidy up.

Shen Yan, who was protected by them after the fight, was obviously frightened, and the wooden stick in her hand fell to the ground with a clang. During the scuffle, she kept crying and calling for her mother, but took the opportunity to beat Du Hehua a few times.

But now, Shen Yan's wide-opened almond eyes were obviously full of fear. She is the youngest in the family, and she is usually well-behaved. Even Ji Qiuyue has nothing to do and pinches her round face to tease her. It can be said that she is favored. Never seen such a battle at all.

Ji Qiuyue saw that the sister-in-law was a little scared when she came back to her senses at this moment, so she patted Shen Yan's arm as a comfort, and without stopping, she looked at Du Hehua and sneered: "People say that Lu Wen is well-raised, but Lu Gu is not good. The strange thing is, it wasn't born by a mother, and she didn't see her stepmother in a hurry after jumping into the river, so it turns out that all the good things on weekdays are just pretending, but behind the scenes, she has a dark heart." Before marrying the Lu family, they didn't inquire about it

. I have heard about the Lu family, and I know Lu Gu, but I have never seen Lu Gu when I came to the Lu family several times. When I asked occasionally, Du Hehua said that I went to his uncle's house to play, but they didn't take it seriously, because in Anjia Village When people mentioned Du Hehua, they said that she was good to Lu Gu. As for the occasional beating and scolding, who in the village didn't beat their children?

Besides, every time Du Hehua hit Lu Gu, if people saw and heard them, they would say that Lu Gu broke the bowl or made other mistakes, and she acted in a hurry.

Farmers are no better than people in towns and counties. No matter dishes or other things, they are all belongings. Few things can be ruined. It is not uncommon for them to be broken and beaten a few times.

Before today, the Shen family thought that the Lu family was good, but they didn't expect it to be like this.

Let's talk about the river.

There is no one in the rushing stream, but when you go downstream, there are people washing clothes in several places in the gentle place, and the red color in the water can't be more conspicuous.

In addition, there was a shout from Anjia Village that someone had jumped into the river. Soon, Lu Gu was rescued from the river by two Shuang'er who knew how to swim. He choked on the water. Fortunately, he was rescued in time. There is no fear of life.

A laundry girl picked up red embroidered shoes that had been washed away from downstream and brought them over.

There were a lot of people around the shore, Lu Gu was dressed in red clothes, dripping water, but luckily the clothes were in good condition, and he was not seen by those who looked at him with mischievous eyes.

"Why are you shaking like this?" Lu Gu was so cold that even Shuang'er, who rescued him up, was puzzled. It was obviously summer, and the sun hadn't set yet, so even if he fell into the water, he wouldn't be frozen.

When I touched his forehead and hands, it was indeed unbearably cold, so several people hurriedly shouted: "Hurry back and light a fire to change clothes." The gate of

Lu's courtyard was open, and the people from Qingxi Village were still inside. Du Hehua and Lu Daxiang wanted to catch up with him. People can't beat it for a while, so they have to endure it.

And when the seven or eight Shuang'er girls carried Lu Gu back and put them down in the yard, they all said that they should change Lu Gu's clothes quickly. All of his clothes were given to him as a dowry, so where can I find them now." "

Either they say that their family is bullying others, or if they really took our Lu Gu and refused to admit it, why would he jump into the river?" "

You fart, obviously You have no virtue in your mouth, and you even framed your own family, saying that he has lost his innocence for no reason, it is clear that you want to force him to death." Wei Lanxiang sat up and did not get up, but picked a piece of wood from the ground and faced Du Hehua The door smashed through.

Ji Qiuyue also said: "That's right, outsiders dare not say such things. Your family is different from others. You can slander others' innocence with empty words, and you forced a good-looking Shuang'er to this point." Lu Gu's face turned pale

. , He opened his mouth, as if he wanted to justify something, his pale lips moved, but in the end he didn't even make a small sound.

A girl couldn't listen to Du Hehua's words, and said: "Auntie, we don't understand what you say and ignore it. Look at Lu Gu's face is so pale. If you don't find clean clothes to change, you may be sick. It's gone."

"That's right, auntie, no matter whose clothes are in the family, you can find them and change them for him." The others also agreed.

These Shuang'er girls are all young, they speak crisp and fast, and they are surrounded by their family members. Du Hehua is not easy to get angry, so she can only pinch her nose and say: "The door of the firewood room is open." "How can

people lie in the firewood room?" Someone said casually.

Du Hehua was dissatisfied, and said: "Why can't I lie down on someone? His body is so wet, who will wash the dirty bedding when he is carried into the room?" She might still pretend to be

pretending in normal times, after all, she can gain a good reputation, but today The Shen family made such a fuss, which caused her to lose face and reputation, and she was furious after being beaten, and she didn't like Lu Gu anyway, so it's good not to get angry or vent her anger.

So except for Lu Gu, everyone else looked at Lu Daxiang. Being stared at by these people, Lu Daxiang said impatiently: "That's all right, let's help him in first." This is the same with his own father, and others have nothing to say, just help

him Lu Gu, trembling all over, entered the firewood room.

Seeing this, Bao Zhiru, who came back with him, waved to the men in the courtyard, gesturing for them to come out, men from both Anjia Village and Qingxi Village followed, even Lu Daxiang did the same, but no one objected.

Shen Xuanqing fell behind, and after all the men came out, he remained silent and closed the courtyard door from the outside.

There were no windows in the woodshed, and the door was broken, but it could be closed anyway, and with two people standing inside the door, the holes were blocked.

Ji Qiuyue was sitting on a log next to the woodshed, when she suddenly heard a few exclamations from the woodshed.

"How did you get beaten up like this?"

When she heard this sentence, she thought that it could only be done by the black-hearted Lu family.

The wet clothes were taken off, but Du Hehua never came over with clean clothes. A couple in the firewood room looked out through the hole in the door, and found no man in the courtyard, so they carefully opened the door and came out to ask.

"What's the hurry, I can't die." Du Hehua said impatiently, and then walked into the house.

"This aunt." Shuang'er who asked the question was not happy anymore, and muttered something in his mouth.

Seeing that there was a gap in the door of the firewood room, there was nothing to hide between Shuang'er and the girl, so Ji Qiuyue went in together, not because she was timid, anyone who saw Lu Gu's injuries would be shocked.

The wet clothes that had been taken off were placed next to him, and Lu Gu was barely wrapped in another pair of small coats. Because it was summer, no one would wear more clothes, so even if the people in the woodshed wanted to take off a piece of clothing for him to cover up can't.

The exposed arms and legs were covered with large bruises, and the severe parts turned purple-black. Lu Gu curled up, and his waist and back were exposed when he moved a little. The bruises on his waist clearly told everyone that his back was also bruised. It is hurt.

He was already skinny, but he was beaten like this. When he was beaten, he didn't have much flesh to cover his bones. Anyone who saw him couldn't help but say something pitiful.

Ji Qiuyue didn't have much good looks towards Lu Gu at first, and felt that Lu's family members were not good people, so she conspired to deceive them, but now it seems that Lu Gu is not that bad, since the injuries on her body are obviously suffered not long ago, Maybe it was because of being scared by the Lu family that she agreed to marry her instead.

Even though he knew that the people in the firewood room were kind, Lu Gu still felt embarrassed to be watched by others, so he hugged his legs and curled up as much as possible.

Du Hehua threw in a ragged dress, and after resting for a while, Lu Gu recovered and felt a little warm. He was no longer so cold, and his strength returned. He was able to dress himself, and the others went out and brought him clothes. On the firewood door.

Ji Qiuyue told Wei Lanxiang what she saw in a low voice. Wei Lanxiang just nodded and didn't say anything more.

Outside the yard, a young man from Anjia Village said a few words to Shen Xuanqing, he nodded with his eyes closed, said he knew, and thanked him. Anjia Village and Qingxi Village were not too close, but it didn't prevent him from getting to know a few people here. Although the relationship was average, they could exchange news.

It turned out that Lu Wen had a relationship with the son of the Li family in the town, and was even seen with a maid from the Li family giving him something. The Li family is a wealthy family, and further up, Li Yuanwai in the county is their family, and they have a good friendship with the county magistrate.

Du Hehua refused to pay back the money, and she seemed to have swallowed it, presumably because of this dependence.

There were quarrels and fights, and since the marriage couldn't be concluded, Shen Xuanqing discussed with Wei Lanxiang, and they didn't want to continue entanglement, as long as the twenty taels of bride price was refunded, they would leave.

Who knows that even if Bao Zhiru came forward, Du Hehua was unwilling to live or die, and rolled on the ground, crying and saying that she had no money, and scolded Lu Daxiang and Lu Gu bloody, but Lu Daxiang was a wimp Yes, the dowry money was held in Du Hehua's hands, and he didn't know where it was hidden. He just kept patting his legs and pacing, shaking his head and sighing, saying what evil he had done.

If the Shen family was willing to make any concessions, it would be a full twenty taels of silver.

Husband did not get married, and was cheated of money. Wei Lanxiang almost cried out of anger, and asked Bao Zhiru to testify that since the Lu family refused to pay back the money, they should pay off the debt with property.

When the men in Qingxi Village heard that they were going to move the Lu family's things, they were all young people, and they all rolled up their sleeves and geared up, unable to hide their excitement.

Du Hehua was dumbfounded all of a sudden, she didn't expect that Shen's family would do this again, but asking her to take out the twenty taels was more painful than cutting her flesh. After such a hesitation, a group of people from Qingxi Village broke into the house inside.

Shen Yaoqing wandered around the kitchen, trying to find where Du Hehua hid the money, but found nothing. He remembered that Lu Wen was missing, maybe the twenty taels were on Lu Wen.

And if the money was really hidden somewhere in Lu's house, Du Hehua would try her best to prevent her from entering the house, so as not to be found by them, but Du Hehua didn't do that.

In the end, he had no choice but to put up with the anger, and started to lift things. The bowls and chopsticks were not rare, so he simply lifted the iron pot from the stove, which was worth some money.

Lu Gu was still hiding in the woodshed, listening to the sound of rummaging through boxes and cabinets outside, and a few men smashing doors and throwing bowls, making a noise that the Lu family didn't even have any valuables.

Lu Daxiang and Du Hehua blocked this and that, crying endlessly.

In the end, it was Bao Zhiru who came forward to stop the people who threw things randomly, saying that they were asked to move things to pay off their debts, they were not robbed by bandits and robbers, and they couldn't smash all the Lu family's jobs, so the men in Qingxi Village restrained themselves.

Lu Gu regained his composure at this moment, his mind could turn, but he trembled when he heard the voice of his stepmother. When the Shen family left, Du Hehua was so angry that he would definitely take it out on him.

He shrank back into the haystack. Jumping into the river was the most stalwart thing he had ever done, but once that decisive energy passed, he no longer had the courage to seek death. He only felt tired and didn't know what he could do. How long can I linger.

Assuming it was really good and not bad, Du Hehua cried and cursed into the firewood shed, she couldn't stop the men who were moving things, and was pushed staggeringly, the hatred in her heart reminded her of Lu Gu.

"You murderous ghost, why don't you die!" She took out a stick of firewood and greeted Lu Gu.

Lu Gu subconsciously wanted to hide, but when he heard the death word, the last light in his eyes disappeared. He lowered his head and said nothing, allowing Du Hehua to beat him severely.

The stick that used to greet only on his body came to his head. Lu Gu was blinded by the blow, and his ears were buzzing. After the dizziness passed, he noticed something flowing down from the corner of his forehead, and soon his cheeks were bruised. moist.

In a trance, he heard Wei Lanxiang's angry voice, saying that these things were depreciated and sold, and there was not even ten taels of silver in total.

Hearing this, Du Hehua threw away the wooden stick in her hand, and when she walked out of the woodshed, she pointed at Wei Lanxiang and yelled at Wei Lanxiang. What she said is that she is not allowed to take anything away, and she has to pay for the money Lu Gu was raped, otherwise, she will spread the matter in the ten miles and eight towns, making the Shen family ashamed of being a human being, and Shen Xuanqing will be ashamed of being a whore. Forget about marrying a wife and husband.

Her words were too vulgar and obscene, Ji Qiuyue hastily pulled her sister-in-law Shen Yan out, so as not to be insulted by these words.

How can Wei Lanxiang let her son bear this stigma? If she doesn't marry Lu Wen, she will find another good marriage for Shen Xuanqing in the future, and she must not ruin her reputation by splashing dirty water.

The spectators more or less knew that Du Hehua jumped the wall in a hurry, and started talking nonsense, but even if it was a rumor, once it was spread, it could still hurt people.

The Shen family was in a hurry to argue, but Lu Gu, who came out of the firewood room with the door open, spoke first.

He glanced at Du Hehua, then at Lu Daxiang, then at the other people in the yard, and said, "I haven't even spoken to Shen Xuanqing, let alone anything else.

" The beating was unavoidably weak, but as soon as he came out, his head and face were covered with blood, making everyone quiet and hearing his words.

Just now when Du Hehua beat him in the firewood room, no one heard it. It was not a big deal for a mother to beat a child. Who knew that Du Hehua would be so ruthless.

Lu Gu looked at Lu Daxiang and continued, "If you want to be greedy for the twenty taels, and if you don't want to return it, you will plant the victim. How can there be people like you in the world?

" He came down and blinked lightly, his pale lips moved, and he wanted to say something more, but when his eyes darkened, he fell down and lost consciousness again.

"Hurry up, save people."

The yard was in chaos, and the people watching the excitement outside the door were all shocked, thinking that someone was about to die, but Du Hehua's face was livid, and she didn't seem to be in a hurry.

She slandered Shen Xuanqing several times for taking Lu Gu by force, it was no different from forcing Lu Gu on the way to death, a twin was said to be innocent by her family, and it was spread that Lu Gu would never think about raising his head in this life.

Even Du Hehua talked about this, and Lu Daxiang didn't stop him without saying a word, which made Lu Gu see his own father clearly.

He couldn't live anymore, but the Shen family was innocent, they were deceived for no reason, and they couldn't let others bear this stigma for nothing.

In the chaos, Shen Xuanqing, who was frowning tightly, was not far from Lu Gu. How could he think of so many taboos at the critical moment of life and death? He stepped forward in two or three steps and carried Lu Gu on his back with the help of Wei Lanxiang and a few others. , ran towards the house of the herbal doctor in Anjia Village.

——Amidst

the strong smell of medicine, Lu Gu, who had a linen cloth wrapped around his head, opened his eyes. He stared at the roof, and his sluggish eyeballs moved only after hearing the throbbing sound of whoops outside.

Someone opened the door and came in, and he was relieved to see him wake up, but it was the husband of the herb doctor's family, Lu Gu knew where he was.

"Grandma Wang." He subconsciously called out and wanted to sit up.

Grandma Wang hurriedly came over to hold him down, and said: "Don't move, rest a little longer, the injury is not serious."

Lu Gu heard that the person outside who was screaming in pain was Lu Daxiang. He had doubts, but he didn't have the energy to ask again, or Grandma Wang heard the movement outside, and told him in a low voice that Shen Xuanqing had broken her leg, and she was currently splicing the bones.

"Or the young man is just too frizzy, his eyes turn red in a hurry, and he doesn't know what to do when he gets angry." Grandma Wang babbled while pouring water.

He helped Lu Gu take a few sips of warm water, hesitated for a moment, with a look of unbearable expression on his face, and said: "Lu Gu, it's not Grandma who is scaring you, remember to stay low and be a little kid in Shen's house from now on, and don't dare to contradict others. Seeing that

Lu Gu was at a loss, he put down the bowl with even more grief and indignation: "Du Hehua, who has a dark heart, sold you to the Shen family!"