Chapter 63

Shen Xuanqing never came back at night, Lu Gu heard Shen Yaoqing closing the courtyard door outside, turned over and closed his eyes and fell asleep.

It's useless for Mrs. Tang to be on the table. The house is better than the mountain, and it's not so cold. Before going to bed, Lu Gu thought that Shen Xuanqing would definitely come back tomorrow, and felt more at ease.

There was nothing to say all night, and the next day was cloudy, and the sun peeked out from the clouds for a short while from time to time, so I knew it would not rain.

Lu Gu carried the bamboo basket on his back and took a small hoe, and went up the mountain with Shen Yanji Qiuyue to find Tianwogen.

Shen Yaoqing followed them up the mountain, with a hemp rope on his shoulder and a hatchet in his waist. He wanted to collect some firewood and sell it in the town. By the way, he looked for suitable trees on the mountain, and found someone to work together to cut some for the winter. use.

When he feels tired after working as a coolie at the pier for a few days, he will rest at home for half a day. It doesn't have to be so hard to pay off his debts. He is too busy and sometimes he can't take time off. He either collects firewood or catches fish, and he can sell them if there is less in the town. Ten or twenty Wen, at least it is an income.

It is easy to sell firewood and fish, so he will not buy food in the town. The country people spend very little money on food and drink when they go home. They are all grown by themselves or obtained from mountains and rivers. There are not many down.

Nowadays, there are no natural disasters and man-made disasters to disturb the peace and prosperity. As long as ordinary people work hard, it is no problem to have enough food.

"Be careful." Seeing that they found a clump of sweet root grass, Shen Yaoqing went to collect firewood in the forest alone after a few words of advice.

"Okay, you can go." Ji Qiuyue responded.

Big Hui was sniffing around, and the dog cub ran after it. Lu Gu ignored them when he saw that they hadn't gone far. There are a lot of sweet roots in it.

It's not good for the two of you to swing the hoe together, it's easy to bump into each other, and it won't be good if you get hurt. Ji Qiuyue looked for sweet roots elsewhere, and she really found a small clump. There are few over there. Get busy.

"It's hard to find the front mountain. If you want to get more later, you'd better go deeper." Shen Yan squatted on the ground, took a big sweet root in his hand and knocked it on the ground, rubbing the wet soil on it. Knock it off, wipe off most of the soil with your hands, and then throw it into the bamboo basket.

"I found quite a few in the mountains, but they were too heavy. Erqing couldn't pull them down, so I didn't dig any more after that." Lu Gu also knelt down to pick up sweet roots.

Shen Yan said: "Brother Guzi, you don't have to go so far, just go a little deeper. When the weather turns cold and there are few jobs at the pier, my sister-in-law and I will let Brother Daqing go together, otherwise Lin Ziyi will be a little scared. It's the second elder brother who followed,

so I don't worry." That's the case, Lu Gu nodded, the sweet root grows in the ground, it is a wild vegetable that can survive the winter, when he and Shen Xuanqing don't go up the mountain anymore, as long as the weather is good, don't rain Even when it snows, you can go into the mountains to dig.

"Woof!" the pup suddenly barked.

Lu Gu looked over subconsciously, and Da Hui was quickly digging a hole in the ground. He had seen this scene before, and it was to catch voles.

Sure enough, after the soil hole was dug, a fat big vole was caught, and after a few struggles, the neck was bitten off by the big gray with a muffled bang.

Big Hui has been raised by Shen's family for almost two years, and Shen Yan and Ji Qiuyue naturally know that it can catch voles, and can even tell the difference between mice and voles.

If it catches a mouse at home, it will kill it, but it will not eat it. If it is diligent, it will take it out and throw it away. Come here and let it be baked and cooked.

When Ji Qiuyue got close to it, Dahui approached it with a big vole in its mouth. She picked a big tree leaf and put it on the ground. She pointed at the leaf and said, "Go back and get it for you. Put it on here first."

When Dahui saw her finger pointing at the leaves, he lowered his head and let go of his mouth, and put the vole on it.

"It's really spiritual." Ji Qiuyue said with a smile. She is quite afraid of things like mice and voles. It would be better to wrap them with leaves. If you encounter Daqing later, let him peel the skin, otherwise the leather and leather will not be good. bake.

The pup yelled at the dead field mouse for a while, seeing that the field mouse hadn't moved a bit, he leaned over to smell it, then turned around to play, Teng Teng Teng ran to Lu Gu's side and then ran away. He was very lively, but he didn't learn from Da Hui The ability to catch voles.

Shen Xuanqing and Lu Gu said that the son of a bitch is smart, but Yue Yue is still a little playful, lazy and unwilling to learn skills, and he must teach them well later.

Lu Gu had never raised a dog before, so he didn't know that dogs were so human-like. The four dogs in the family had different temperaments, so he thought it was very interesting.

The three of them came out and carried two bamboo baskets, and they dug up a total of twenty or so sweet roots, but they couldn't find them after searching for a while.

It's okay to kill fish and chickens, she doesn't want to skin this thing, she has been thinking about it for a long time, according to the past, Shen Yaoqing should have done the firewood, so she shouted to Dahui: "Go to Daqing.

" After hearing this, Hui pricked up his ears and turned around to run towards the woods. The pup followed it and ran wildly. Lu Gu originally wanted to call out for him, but he saw that he had grown up a lot. One closed again.

They were not idle when Shen Yaoqing was waiting. Shen Yan pulled some green grass and branches for the rabbit, and after a while, all of them turned yellow, and said: "Mother said that in just two days, the female rabbit should give birth to cubs. It's cold and we need to build a nest to make it warmer."

Hearing this, Lu Gu also squatted down to pull weeds and pick the tender branches and leaves, and said: "Then feed it better, because there will be no green grass to eat in the future. gone."

Ji Qiuyue couldn't help laughing when she heard their conversation, Shen Yan didn't say anything, she was still a child, Lu Gu looked a few years older, but his heart was pure, these few words really made people feel that he was still childish .

After a while, Shen Yaoqing came back with two bundles of firewood. He didn't bring a pole, but he cut a strong branch and carried it on his shoulders.

He thought that Dahui was looking for him for something, but he didn't expect it to be skinning field mice, but since his wife had spoken, he put down the firewood with a smile and did as he was told.

——In

the afternoon, Zhou Xiangjun brought Shen Yu over to visit, and sat with Wei Lanxiang under the eaves to hold the soles of his shoes.

"Grandma, if you eat dried persimmons, Brother Yu will eat them too." Ji Qiuyue brought some dried persimmons over.

"Okay." Zhou Xiangjun nodded with a smile, stopped what he was doing and ate.

Shen Yu is a twin with red marks between his eyebrows. He is younger. He is only fourteen this year. He sits next to his mother, embroidering handkerchiefs. He has a round face and big eyes. He always smiles very pleasantly when he sees people. The outline is somewhat similar to Shen Yan's, and the rest of the Shen family said that their round faces resemble Grandma's.

"Brother Guzi, here's one for you." Shen Yu ate the dried persimmons by himself and didn't forget Lu Gu next to him, so he took one for him.

Lu Gu raised his eyebrows slightly and took it over. He happened to be embroidering a handkerchief when the third grandma and Brother Yu came, and Brother Yu sat with him.

"If Guzi still wants to eat dried dates, come here and get them. I have done a lot this year." Zhou Xiangjun said when he remembered Lu Gu's Qi and blood deficiency before.

Hearing this, Wei Lanxiang said: "You bother, I didn't finish the half bag last time, and I still have some at home."

She remembered the unsold wild bath beads again, and said to Ji Qiuyue: "Qiuyue, here you go!" The third grandma put some wild bath beads."

People who eat jujubes should not be given anything, otherwise they will be eaten for nothing. Wild bath beads are easy to pick for Lu Gu, and it doesn't take much effort, so naturally there will be no objections.

While working while eating persimmons, Wei Lanxiang and Zhou Xiangjun were gossiping, while Lu Gu was listening to the people and things in the village.

He doesn't talk much by nature, let alone chewing his tongue behind his back. He silently remembers that he just thinks that he will live in Qingxi Village in the future. No matter who he meets, he will know what kind of person he is, and he can choose to talk to people who are easy to talk to. Communication, too strong, he may not be able to talk to others.

Shen Yan came over after chopping chicken grass, and saw Lu Gu and the others embroidering handkerchiefs, so he also brought out the embroidery frame to join in the fun, learning to embroider a few delicate flowers.

Several people were chatting and laughing in the yard, which was very lively. Not long after, there were two dogs barking at the door. Dahui had been fighting and playing with other dogs in the village, but now he came back after Shen Xuanqing.

As soon as Lu Gu looked up, he saw Shen Xuanqing, his eyes lit up slightly, he was a little excited but didn't know how to express it, so he subconsciously stood up.

But there were still people at home, and Wei Lanxiang was very happy to see her son come back, she put down her work and wanted to go up to greet her, and helped Shen Xuanqing unload the bamboo basket.

"Grandma and Brother Yu are here." Shen Xuanqing called Zhou Xiangjun first, and then said to Wei Lanxiang: "No need, mother, you just sit down, there is nothing in the basket." After that,

Wei Lanxiang sat down again .

Lu Gu clutched the corner of his clothes and was a little nervous, but when Shen Xuanqing looked at him, this anxiety turned into something else. He stepped forward a few steps and saw Shen Xuanqing unloading the bamboo basket. Because there were several people there, he was a little shy At a loss, he still asked in a low voice: "Have you eaten? I'll cook for you."

Seeing that Shen Xuanqing took the wooden basin to wash his hands, he went into the kitchen and scooped up a gourd of water.

Wei Lanxiang from behind watched the two of them pursing their lips and laughing straight away. Youfulang was different, and the eyes of the second child did not look at anyone else.

"Erqing went to town?" Zhou Xiangjun asked casually.

"No, I went to Jixing Town to see his master while selling things." Wei Lanxiang replied.

It's not that she doesn't know Zhou Xiangjun thoroughly. In broad daylight, people in the village pass through the gate of their house when they go up and down the mountain. Partition walls have ears. As the saying goes, if you are not afraid of thieves stealing, you are afraid of thieves thinking about it. It is always good to have a good heart.

They chatted and chatted, Lu Gu was busy with Shen Xuanqing's dinner in the kitchen, Ji Qiuyue originally wanted to help him, but when she saw Shen Xuanqing washed her face and sat down in front of the stove to light the fire, she smiled quietly and went out without disturbing Erqing of their family wanted to stay with her husband.

When Ji Qiuyue married three years ago, Shen Xuanqing was only fifteen. The half-grown boy had grown up and married in an instant, and she knew that she was tired of being with her husband. As the eldest sister-in-law, she felt a little relieved.