Chapter 15

Not to mention six hundred Wen, when in Du Hehua's hands, Lu Gu had to be beaten for every six Wen.

Once he was ill with a cold, and it didn't heal after several days. Du Hehua found out, and beat and scolded him after he recovered from his illness.

Du He was also ruthless, he didn't hit him in the face, he just pinched his thighs and arms, pointed the stick at his back and stomach, he didn't dare to say anything, and he didn't dare to show his injuries to others, otherwise he would be the same. If someone looks at his thighs and arms, his innocence will be gone.

Now that he spent more than 600 Wen, Lu Gu tremblingly looked up at Shen Xuanqing's face.

Shen Xuanqing didn't have so many copper plates, so she took out a few pieces of silver from her bosom.

Seeing this, Wang Langzhong took the nickname of the family, said that it was enough for six yuan, and charged another fifty copper coins, so he paid in full.

Lu Gu took the medicine wrapped and handed over by Grandma Wang in his hand, seeing that Shen Xuanqing's expression did not change after he paid out the money, and his anxious eyes became a little more stable.

He didn't hear that deep and steady voice until the two of them went out and walked from the trail towards Qingxi Village.

"As long as the injury is cured." Shen Xuanqing thought about it, and then said: "The money is spent and then earned back. If it drags on until it can't heal, it will really cost a lot of money." Although there is no relationship with Lu Gu, it is possible to live together in the

end Yes, Shen Xuanqing didn't want him to be so frightened and cowering, he didn't dare to breathe, and if he didn't even dare to say a word, then if they went into the mountain, it would be any different from him being in the mountain alone.

Lu Gu was stunned for a moment, he thought that even if Shen Xuanqing didn't hit him, he would blame him, but what he heard were these kind words.

"I can work." He muttered, wanting to show his loyalty, but because his expression was too weak and timid, he didn't have any confidence at all.

Shen Xuanqing saw his hard work in the Shen family these days, and replied in a low voice: "Yes, I know."

After getting the answer, Lu Gu made up his mind to work hard. It cost 80 Wen for the cloth, and the medicine cost today is 650 Wen. His mother taught him to count money when she was still alive, but because he hadn't touched anything related to money for a long time, he pondered for a long time in his heart. It was only then that I figured it out, it cost me seven hundred and thirty Wen in total, and that's not counting the food and drink at the Shen family.

Seven hundred dollars was an amount he had never seen before when his mother was around, the more he thought about it, the more surprised and flustered he felt at such a large amount of money.

After walking out of Anjia Village, there is another village two miles ahead. There is a gentle slope to the left of the two of them. After going up the gentle slope and going down, you will arrive at the cemetery of Anjia Village, where Lu Guniang's grave is located.

His pace was obviously slow, and he glanced towards Xu Po. Today is fifteen, and I passed by here again, and I have to help with work when I go back, so I may not be able to come out like this again.

After spending so much money and going to the grave to delay the journey, Lu Gu was afraid of being told that things were troublesome, so he couldn't lift up his confidence, and even directly lost his temper.

Shen Xuanqing, who was still walking by, noticed that his expression was getting weaker, so she frowned slightly and asked, "What's wrong?"

As soon as Lu Gu looked up, he saw him frowning slightly, as if displeased, and couldn't even make up a lie for a while. When he came out, he stuttered in fright and said the truth: "My mother, my mother's grave is there."

Shen Xuanqing stopped and asked, "Want to go there?"

Seeing that he had no sign of anger, Lu Gu carefully said: "I want to go there." Go and have a look, it won't take much time, and I'll be back

right away." Shen Xuanqing didn't make things difficult for him, Lu Gu was very grateful, but he was stupid and couldn't speak nice words, he glanced at Shen Xuanqing, hesitant to speak, and then hurried to Xupo's place side went.

When he walked down the gentle slope and couldn't see his figure anymore, Shen Xuanqing remembered that he didn't bring anything to the grave, but then he thought, what he said was to go and have a look, not to go to the grave.

They had only been together for a few days, they were not even familiar with each other, and Shen Xuanqing couldn't say more intimate words, so she suppressed the matter.

In front of the grave.

Lu Gu knelt down and put a handful of small wild fruits on the ground, which he picked from the thorn bushes at the bottom of the slope in a hurry when he came over.

Others burn paper money when they go to the grave, but he doesn't have a penny at other times except that Lu Daxiang will give him three copper coins to buy it during the Chinese New Year.

Now at Shen's house, he is still penniless, he can't even get out a copper coin, and he can't buy yellow paper candles, so he puts some wild fruits as sacrifices as before.

"Mother, I'm married." Lu Gu held back his tears and said in a low voice, saying that the person he married is good, and now he can eat and dress warmly, and that person even bought him a white cloud cake, which he carried in his hand.

After finishing a few words, he didn't dare to delay any longer, kowtowed three times and left.

Shen Xuanqing was still waiting for him by the side of the road. Lu Gu wiped off the dirt on his body when he was going uphill, and wiped away his tears. Apart from a little red eyes, there was no other abnormality.

——The

sweetness of Baiyun Cake made the Shen family smile, and Lu Gu also ate a slice, the sweet taste made him feel better.

Shen Yan was very happy, with crooked smiles, she held Lu Gu's hand and said, "Brother Lu Gu, let's buy this next time when we earn money." "

Yeah." Lu Gu responded with a small nod. , but knew in their hearts that they could not decide what to buy, because neither of them made any money.

After lunch, everyone went to do their own work. Lu Gu washed the dishes and saw that there was nothing else to do at the moment, so he wanted to go back to his room for a rest, but when he went in, he saw half a piece of rice in the bowl on the table. Baiyun Cake.

He finished eating his own, and other people generally don't enter this room, only Shen Xuanqing's.

At this time, Shen Xuanqing was in Wei Lanxiang's room, talking about eight taels of silver.

Wei Lanxiang's eyes widened when she heard this. After receiving the seven taels of silver, she looked at the scattered silver and said to the Buddha: "Amitabha, Amitabha, if you lose, you gain. This is true." She

said Can't stop muttering: "People often say don't do anything wrong, good luck will come, we will earn back the money we got scammed by the Lu family." "I just said, treat

Lu Gu better, see People, you still have to do good deeds, don't be as dark-hearted as that Du Hehua." She was rambling, and hurriedly hid the broken silver after reading.

A few taels more would be enough to repay the debt. As soon as the debt was paid off, all the money they earned in the future would be their own.

Shen Xuanqing came out when she was hiding the money. The ten taels of silver was borrowed from his married husband, and he was supposed to pay it back, so he gave the money to Wei Lanxiang and handed it over to the public.

When they got married, they not only spent the ten taels of silver, but half of the other expenses were from his private house money, and the other half was paid by Wei Lanxiang and Shen Yaoqing. Since Shen Yaoqing paid all the money, he couldn't ask his elder brother to help him pay off the debt. Well, now that he has earned eight taels of silver, he has nothing to hide and has made it clear to his family.

He kept the remaining four coins for himself, because he often went to the town to sell prey, and he bought most of the oil, salt and other things that were lacking at home, so he had some money in his hand.

When he returned to his room, he saw Lu Gu holding the clothes he had changed last night and was about to go out to wash. The two met at the door, and Lu Gu quickly moved to the side.

Shen Xuanqing glanced at the white cloud cake on the table , lowered her voice and said, "I tasted it, it's not good, you can eat it." 袼褙 means flattening the rags and pasting them together with paste layer by layer.

Shen Xuanqing kept her voice low so that no one else could hear her.

Except for his own mother, no one left him something good to eat. Lu Gu felt an indescribable emotion, but this inexplicable feeling quickly dissipated. In his eyes, Shen Xuanqing was tall and cold. It must be really not delicious, otherwise how would there be leftovers.

——Days

passed quickly, Lu Gu Indigo's new clothes were ready, Wei Lanxiang followed him first, and made a new pair of shoes.

Lu Guhui, who works with shoe soles, and Wei Lanxiang each have a shoe, and the two of them can do it quickly.

The weather turned colder, the sun was no longer so hot, and he was free after dinner. He wore new shoes and new clothes, and was led by Wei Lanxiang to visit Aunt Gu's house in the east of the upper village.

Shen's house is close to the mountain, in the innermost part, going to the entrance of the village is almost like walking around the village.

"Aunt Lan Xiang, the clothes on the second family's body are really pretty."

Grandma A Jin and the other mothers were chatting and working under the big tree at the entrance of the village, and they all praised Lu Gu wearing that indigo dress.

"He's handsome too."

Lu Gu was very embarrassed by such a compliment, but Wei Lanxiang smiled from ear to ear, and went to Gu's house after a few gossips with them.

Aunt Gu's son, Gu Sheng, is a street peddler who sells all kinds of groceries. When there is not enough needlework at home, Wei Lanxiang comes to buy some.

When I entered, I saw Mrs. Gu drying dried fish in the yard, and there was a smell of fish in the yard. She smiled and asked, "Ms. Sheng Zi, do you have any cotton thread?" " Mrs. Gu said quickly, wiped her hands with the apron tied around her waist, and went into the house to get it.

Wei Lanxiang also bought some colored thread, saying that she would embroider a few flowers on the shoes that Lu Gu and Shen Yan made behind her back. They don't wear gold and silver in the countryside like they do in the county town. A few flowers embroidered on their clothes are considered beautiful. up.

It was true that she came to buy thread, and it was true that she brought Lu Gu to show off in front of people.

When Aunt Gu saw the new clothes and shoes on Lu Gu, she naturally wanted to praise her, besides, Lu Gu's appearance was indeed not bad, and she was pretty and fair, which was made even whiter by the indigo cloth.

Recently, Lu Gu ate well and slept well at Shen's house, he recovered a little complexion, even the red mark between his eyebrows was a little red, white and rosy, isn't he a handsome man.

Wei Lanxiang took him around the village before returning satisfied.

When the two of them arrived home, Lu Gu looked at the colorful embroidery thread in the sewing basket, his expression slightly concentrated, as if he was thinking about something, but a few dogs barking outside the door interrupted his thoughts.

Shen Xuanqing, who had been up the mountain for five days, came back and caught a few hares and pheasants. This is not bad, they are common wild animals, but when he took out the cloth bag at the bottom of the bamboo basket, Lu Gu saw what was in the bag The strip was moving, and he was startled, it looked like a snake no matter how it looked!