Chapter 140

After a rain, the stream in the mountain became larger, flowing down from the forest, and the water and grass beside the stream were luxuriant.

After autumn, green snails with thin shells gradually appeared. Lu Gu, Shen Yan and Shen Xuanqing went up the mountain to touch them.

This thing is very expensive now, so some people come up to the mountain to look for it when they have time. Along the way, they met many villagers, and the mountain was far away.

In many streams in the front mountain, people searched for green snails with thin shells under the rocks and in the stream water, and they went deep, with Shen Xuanqing and Dahui and Guaizi with them, so they were not afraid.

There are no roads in the mountains, and when encountering rough and rough places, we can only walk forward step by step. Fortunately, the shade in the mountains and forests is not so hot.

Either Shen Xuanqing has great strength. In order to pull the prey down the mountain, he insisted on running up and down the mountain with a scooter. Thanks to him being used to the road to the deep mountains, he knows where to go to make it smoother, otherwise he will encounter big hillsides or pits. The cliff can't get through at all.

People who are more flexible are like this, and it is even more difficult to let a donkey or mule pull a cart. Although this year's income is not as much as last year, people are not as tired as last year. not enough.

Now that he is more proficient at hunting, he catches a lot of prey alive, so he only picks sheep or deer to hunt, and he can make money in one trip. However, he wants to raise sheep and have more babies, so he doesn't sell the female and the young. .

Lu Gu heard the sound of the stream, and Shen Xuanqing and Shen Yan naturally heard it too.

Da Hui is the smartest, he can tell the direction of the stream faster than humans, and immediately runs towards that direction, leading the way.

Lu Gu walked out of the half-leg-high grass, looked around the stream and said, "No one should have looked for it before."

They entered deeper than others, and Shen Xuanqing also nodded: "Well, I will look here."

The mountain stream has flowed for many years, washing out the traces of the stream. Shen Yan rolled up her trousers and stepped on the rocks in the water. She bent down to turn over the rocks and touched several green snails. After seeing the small crabs crawling around under the rocks, she said: " There are two purple bellies."

This kind of mountain crab only has a purple belly, and she turned over the belly with a branch, and she knew it was edible, so she caught it and threw it into Shen Xuanqing's bamboo basket in front of her, if the crab crawled out , not to get her and Lu Gu caught, just let the second brother clean up.

In a few days, the autumn beans will be harvested. Before I get busy, I will get some seasonal food and go back to eat, so that I will have the strength to work.

When the snail meat is in the shell, it looks quite a lot. When the snail shell disappears after being soaked in wine, there are not many red snail meat left.

On the way, they also said that if they caught less, they would eat it themselves, and if they caught more, they would sell some, and the restaurants and bars in the town would charge them.

It's okay on the shore. After walking for so long, my body is hot, and the water immediately becomes cold, and the clear stream water is no less cold.

"Let's touch it quickly, and when we've touched enough, we can go home and soak our feet." Shen Yan is young, not as able to withstand the cold and temper as Lu Gu and Shen Xuanqing, who are a few years older, but they are also used to work, and they are not lazy, let alone Make a fuss and go home.

Lu Gu threw a handful of green snails into the basket, straightened his waist and said, "Then you go ashore to rest and bask in the sun."

Hearing this, Shen Yan originally wanted to say no, but her legs and feet were really cold, so she insisted. Yan found a place to bask in the sun for a while.

Three people must work faster. The green snails with thin shells just started to appear in early autumn. There were not many of them. We only touched half of the basket together, and the purple belly was also half the basket. Not too many, but it was enough for them to enjoy the teeth-beating festival.

Shen Xuanqing is fine, seeing Lu Gu and Shen Yan eating cold, she said that she should not touch her, no matter how expensive she is, she suffers in the stream, Lu Gu is weak, and Shen Yan is a daughter, and now she does not lack this Money, so I won't suffer from this.

Because the bamboo baskets were not full, they broke off a lot of water bamboo shoots by the mountain stream, and picked up the tender stems and leaves of red amaranth and brought them back together.

This kind of water bamboo shoots are relatively small, but they are crisp, tender and sweet. After confinement, Ji Qiuyue has been coming and going in and out for the past two days. She often lies on the bed and rests in the room, which makes her a little unbearable. She can finally come out. Walking around made her feel better.

When she was pregnant, she couldn't eat many things. When she saw the water bamboo shoots taken out of the bamboo basket, she didn't need others, so she started to pick them up by herself, saying that she would make fried shredded bamboo shoots at noon.

The child hasn't woken up yet, so there's no need for anyone to take care of it. At most, Wei Lanxiang gently pushes open the door and glances at the bed from time to time, for fear that the child will move and fall.

Lu Gu was washing amaranth leaves next to it. It is delicious when boiled into vegetable soup, and has a different vegetable aroma.

Wei Lanxiang and Shen Yan were washing green snails and mountain crabs. She sat on a small stool and looked at the sun that finally appeared in the sky. Then she felt a little more at ease, and said, "The autumn beans are about to be harvested, so point to the sun to dry them more." As soon as it was in the sun, who knows that it rained a lot yesterday, I hope that the next few days will be sunny."

Shen Xuanqing was sharpening a sickle and a kitchen knife in the yard, and when she heard the words, she also glanced at the sky, and said: "The sky has turned white. , It should not rain again."

No one can say for sure when the sky changes, but Wei Lanxiang still nodded, and could only hope for it.

——The

crops in the crop field were said to be ripening very quickly. Within a few days, Shen Yaoqing said that the beans could be harvested, and the whole family went down to the ground to pull out the bean stalks.

Their family planted ten acres of autumn beans, more than anyone else, and this time they hired part-time workers to help.

Now it is not as hot as the summer, and the wages per day have dropped to the usual 20 cents. In order to finish the collection as soon as possible, this time Shen Yaoqing called He Zhi and Chen Dongdong in addition to Lin Jinhu and Lin Jinlong.

Carts and carts of autumn beans are pulled into the new house. Ji Qiuyue has to take care of the children. Lu Gu and the others, no matter he, Shen Yan or Wei Lanxiang, had to go back and do a good job after working in the field for a while.

Due to the large number of people hired, ten acres of autumn beans and three acres of peanuts were pulled out in four days, spread out to dry in the open space of the new house, and the beans were even more busy drying, beating, and sifting.

The peanuts planted this year can be regarded as a new ration. The tender ones were collected and boiled in salt water. They taste salty and tender. According to what Wei Lanxiang said, there is nothing wrong with cooking with salt, and they are all precious.

After flipping through the bean poles, the sun was quite bright, so Lu Gu and Shen Yan sat back in the main room to rest.

"Brother Guzi." Shen Yan took out a bowl of salted peanuts from the basket, peeled them all, and just squeezed them to eat.

This thing is very good as a snack. Lu Gu squeezed a few and chewed it. Xindao also brought some when he went back to the mountain. Shen Xuanqing had to eat dry food outside when he beat the fox, so he got a small cloth pocket for him to put some peanuts Rice is better than just eating dry food.

"After two days, the beans will be dried. Let's pick some out and ask my mother to fry the dried beans for us to eat. It's crunchy to bite. Although it takes a lot of teeth, the more you chew, the more delicious it becomes." Shen Yan took the bowl. Put it on the table, lift the teapot and pour water for them both.

"Yeah." Lu Gu nodded, and said again: "But it depends on when your second brother wants to go up the mountain, maybe it will be in these two days." There is a

season for hunting foxes, after this time the weather turns cold , if it snows, you won't be able to go up again. Shen Xuanqing said last night that it's time to pack up and go up the mountain.

Shen Yan had no choice but to say: "Okay, I'll save the beans for you two and eat them when you come back."

She doesn't have many worries and worries. She sees that besides working, she just thinks about something to eat all day long. Hungry.

There were a lot of livestock at home, so the two of them rested for a while, and then went out to cut grass under the sun.

The autumn sun is much better than the summer sun, it is not so poisonous, Lu Gu bent down to mow the grass, never thought that the scythe in his hand could not be controlled properly, the sharp blade slipped somehow, and a gash was wiped on the belly of the left thumb, and the blood flowed immediately flowed out.

He put down the sickle due to the pain, tightly grasped his left thumb with his right hand, and looked around for large thistles to stop the bleeding. Small thistles are also available, and if they are smashed, they can be applied to the wound to stop the bleeding. Not far away ,

Shen Yan noticed something wrong with him, and asked, "Brother Guzi, what's wrong with you?"

Hearing this,

Shen Yan hurried over, and after digging out the big thistle, he didn't even want the bamboo basket and sickle, and the two hurried into the back door. There was a piece of cloth at home. , otherwise it is not easy to wrap herbs around your fingers.

Guaizi was playing by the river, and he caught up with them when he saw them both running away, but he saw his sickle and bamboo basket on the way, stopped and circled around the bamboo basket several times, seemed a little helpless, and finally stayed Next to the bamboo basket.

After the thumb was wrapped, Lu Gu moved it, but the other four fingers were not affected, and they were still capable of work, but it was not easy to get wet these two days.

His right hand was still stained with blood, and it was difficult to scrub one hand, so Shen Yan helped him clean it.

Shen Yan wiped his hands and put on the cloth towel, and said, "Brother Guzi, then you rest here."

"No, it's all wrapped up. It's just mowing the grass. It's okay." Lu Gu didn't take this little injury to heart, and besides, it was wrapped with several layers of cloth, which was thick enough.

Shen Yan is young and not as stubborn as Shen Xuanqing. She listens to what adults say. She is only twelve years old this year. In her eyes, Lu Gu is not an adult. She hesitated, but saw that Lu Gu didn't care. , walked towards the back door with her, and didn't say much. As soon as he came out and found Guaizi looking at things, Lu Gu rubbed its head and boasted in a

low voice: "It's so cute, you know how to look at our things."

Lu Gu rubbed it a few times without any resistance, squinting his eyes and looking at it was quite comfortable.

Pat the boy on the head, Lu Gu stopped teasing him, picked up the scythe on the ground and continued to work.

After a while, Shen Xuanqing and Shen Yaoqing came back from the field, and went straight to the river without going home.

There are a lot of poultry and livestock at home this year, and it's autumn now, so naturally we have to worry about the forage for the winter. After all, dried grass is not as full as fresh grass, so don't accumulate more hay, the more the better, otherwise the poultry and livestock will run out of food , winter can be tough.

So the two of them came here to help mow the grass, so that Lu Gu and Shen Yan could have a rest. There are not so many sickles in the house, only three, and they have to buy one later, or buy a blade to come back. Get a sickle to frame it.

Shen Xuanqing frowned when she saw the cloth strip wrapped around Lu Gu's thumb, walked up to him in two or three steps and asked, "What's wrong?

" It didn't hurt much to him, and he didn't look in the slightest pain.

Don't talk about him, people who work regularly will get hurt a little bit, it's not a big deal.

On the contrary, Shen Xuanqing was a little displeased, took the sickle in his hand and said: "Then you rest, and I will tell my mother when you go back, don't let you cook these days, and you don't need to do other work, at most Chop chicken grass at home."