Chapter 82

The steamed buns and steamed buns are about to be steamed, and there are still eleven old steamed buns left in the drawer. Because of the large number of people in the family, I can eat seven or eight for breakfast. I haven't eaten it before, and I fried oil cakes once before, but it was different.

To fry the steamed buns requires pouring a lot of oil into the pan, which Lu Gu has never done before. Wei Lanxiang cut the steamed buns with him. Outside the kitchen, a clay oven is used to boil hot water for drinking.

Because it is used for decocting medicine, they used to call the clay stove Yaolu, but a few days ago Wei Lanxiang felt that this name was not good. Shout into a tandoor.

"Mother, are these enough?" He poured oil into the cauldron and asked, not sure how much he needed.

Wei Lanxiang looked over her head and said, "Take two more spoonfuls. If there is less oil, it will be easy to burn. After frying, the remaining oil can be poured back when it cools down." "Okay."

Lu Gu added two more spoonfuls according to his words. .

Heat the oil to a boil. When frying, the pot rattles and rattles. Cut eleven old steamed buns into slices, turn them over and fry them in the pot. Put the fried buns in a soup basin, otherwise put them in a bowl. No more.

Today's breakfast is different. After frying, you don't even have to shout. Shen Xuanqing and the others went into the kitchen to watch and wait.

Lu Gu picked up the golden and shiny steamed buns, took a bite and it was crispy and crispy. The inside of the steamed buns was not crispy but warm and soft. If it felt tasteless, sprinkle a little salt on it, it would be even more delicious with the salty taste.

Fried steamed bun slices are best eaten while they are hot, and they are made with oil and salt, so you don't even need to fry the vegetables, just drink some hot tea and hot water when you are thirsty.

After eating a pot of steamed buns, there was nothing left, and the bottom of the pot was oily and Lanxiang didn't want to wash it directly. It dripped into the oil pot for a while at an angle, and finally squeezed a piece of tofu to wipe off the oil on the bottom of the pot.

Lu Gu was not idle after eating, he was cutting tofu and meat slices, and today he was going to make a steamed bowl, the tofu had to be deep-fried first, so Wei Lanxiang fried a steamed bun to eat.

It's cold in winter, and when you work on a dry stove, your hands will feel cold if you touch cold dishes, let alone water, so you need to set up several large baskets at a time to steam steamed buns, or you have to steam them again after a few days of eating.

Shen Yan added cold water to the earthen pot outside and let it boil. Later, warm water was needed for kneading the dough. She was not idle, and went into the kitchen to help Lu Gu cut the meat. The two of them would be faster.

In the main room, Ji Qiuyue fished the soaked horse teeth vegetables out of the wooden basin with chopsticks. The water was too cold and she dared not reach out to fish it.

Dried eggplant and dried fungus were also soaked. I was afraid that it would be too cold at night last night, so I put them in the kitchen water to freeze, so I brought them to the main room.

Seeing that Shen Yaoqing had nothing to do, she said, "Daqing, go and peel a womb cabbage and wash two radishes, mothers and the others can't spare their hands, and frying tofu with noodles is a job." Although the sun is shining today, this

big It's not very warm yet, and it's only reasonable to roll up your sleeves when working in the kitchen and get it done as soon as possible.

"Okay." Shen Yaoqing agreed. He felt that using chopsticks was too slow, so he reached out to fish out the dried fungus and eggplant.

"Aren't you cold?" Ji Qiuyue raised her head and said angrily.

"I'm not afraid of rough skin." He laughed, got up and took the two baskets away.

Lu Gu and the others were busy in the kitchen. After the dough woke up, Wei Lanxiang called her two sons to knead the dough. Today I want to make buns, so I don't need to knead the steamed buns. I chop them up neatly with a knife and put them in a cage for my son to dry in the sun.

The three kinds of stuffing for the buns were chopped, and Shen Yaoqing and Shen Xuanqing, together with the brothers, lit a brazier under the table and the family sat in the main room to wrap them up.

Womb cabbage and radish are stuffing that is often eaten in winter. Horse tooth vegetables are black, and white tofu is cut and mixed with some meat. The eggplant is grown by myself. This year, when I am rich, Wei Lanxiang bought more and dried it in the sun. In summer, steamed stuffed buns with diced eggplant and pepper are delicious. If there is no green chili in winter, cut some fungus and ground vegetables and mix them in and chop them into stuffing.

Seeing that Shen Xuanqing's hands were clumsy, Lu Gu put the wrapped one in his hand into the cage drawer, and brought over another piece of bun skin, slowed down his movements, and whispered to Shen Xuanqing to see how he wrapped it.

Wei Lanxiang smiled while rolling out the skin of the buns: "I'll roll out a few small ones, it's not that kind of small buns that can be fried in oil, I'll try it later." When you have money and leisure,

as long as you are not lazy, you can I am willing to tinker with food.

The three kinds of steamed buns were squeezed together, and finally three baskets were wrapped, the eggplant buns were the least, the cabbage and horse tooth vegetables were more, and the steamed buns were also three buns. Fortunately, they had more buns, so there was no need to borrow them. The big pots were filled with large cages, and these six cages were enough for them to eat for a long time.

Shen Xuanqing moved a large firewood and stuffed it into the bottom of the stove, and the fire burned up.

When the steamed buns are finished steaming, even if it's not time for lunch, the whole family will take advantage of the hot and fresh buns to eat first.

The horse-tooth vegetables are chewy, and the meat and tofu are chopped into it, and the meat and tofu are fragrant, which is much more fragrant than the pure wild vegetable buns that Lu Gu has eaten before.

Eggplant buns are also delicious, because when they eat eggplant buns here in summer, they always put green chili peppers. It is only fragrant when there is a spicy taste. Wei Lanxiang also brought a bowl of chili oil to put in the buns.

Eating and drinking at home, the morning passed.

The sun came out but it was still not very warm. Clouds drifted across the sky to cover the sun from time to time. It was not snowing today. Shen Xuanqing had nothing to do, so she carried a bamboo basket and went up the mountain to pick up wooden crutches. Some people in the town call these jujubes, which are sweeter after snowfall, so it's time to pick them up.

"Then you guys go, I'll be at home with your sister-in-law." Wei Lanxiang added two sticks of firewood to the clay stove. It was cold to drink hot tea. You can drink when you want to drink, otherwise you will be very thirsty if you boil water when you are really thirsty.

Lu Gu, Shen Yan went up the mountain together, the snow on the mountain was still there, there was a crutch tree in front of the mountain, not too far away, Shen Xuanqing didn't let the dog follow.

After they left, Shen Yaoqing went out for a walk. He was the eldest son, and he would want to inquire about everything in the village. The Zhang family was still in chaos. It was not good to go in and inquire at will at this time, so he went to Quanzi's house.

——Shen

Xuanqing followed the memory to find the wooden crutch tree. A lot of it fell on the ground, including snow and hay. When it was ripe, it fell off by itself. Large and small strings were picked up by pinching the twigs and put into the bamboo basket.

Wooden crutches look like wood, but they are also a kind of fruit. They must be ripe to taste, otherwise they will be astringent. The claw tree is too tall to climb, and there are mostly unripe fruits on the tree, so there is no need to use a hook to reach it, just pick up the ones on the ground.

Shen Yan broke off some twigs to taste, and said: "Brother Guzi, it's quite sweet, you can eat it when you go back and wash it."

Picking up wooden crutches in the snow, the claws and fingers panicked from the cold. He also tasted it, and it was really crunchy and sweet. He remembered that it could be used to make wine.

It's good to be able to eat sweet fruits in winter. The three of them worked hard to pick them up in the snow. Shen Xuanqing had been running on the mountains since she was a child. She knew where there were crutch trees. The three of them even walked on the mountains to collect waste After nearly an hour, the bamboo basket was full.

The back of the wooden crutches on the tree will still be ripe, and they can come up to pick them up again at that time. If they can't finish eating at home, they can sell them, so they also pick them up when they meet villagers when they go down the mountain.

When I came out, I only carried a bamboo basket on my back, and I didn't pick it up when it was full. Besides, there are not only two or three claw trees on the mountain, but there are also other places if you go around.

After arriving home, both Lu Gu and Shen Yan put their hands on Mrs. Tang to keep warm, thinking that it would be nice and warm to have this thing.

Wei Lanxiang and Ji Qiuyue took the scissors and cut off the black and moldy parts of the wooden crutches, and put the rest into the bamboo plaque. It is not easy to touch the water in this winter. Wash it and dry it. If you want to eat it, you can eat it. It can be eaten directly without washing.

"Pick it up two more times, steam and dry the excess. This year, soak some wine. We can drink the sweet one. If there is more, we can boil it into syrup. At that time, we will make hair cakes and shortbread cheese. It is also a rarity to entertain guests during the Chinese New Year. "Wei Lanxiang said while cutting.

Ji Qiuyue responded: "This is good. If there is a lot of syrup, we don't need to dip it in honey when we eat sweet nest roots. We can dip it in this." The sweetness

of sweet nest roots is too weak. The honey Shen Xuanqing found this year was not sold. Jingui, sometimes he is reluctant to eat, so there is no need to be so frugal in the syrup that is boiled out.

Speaking of cakes, Wei Lanxiang thought of something, turned her head and said to Ji Qiuyue: "Didn't your third uncle give back some red dates last time, didn't you tell Daqing yesterday that you wanted to eat a cake or something, and mother will make it for you tomorrow Jujube Cake."

The road is not easy these days, Ji Qiuyue didn't urge Shen Yaoqing to go to the town, but she just said it when she thought of the taste of the pastry, and Wei Lanxiang knew it too.

She pursed her lips and said with a smile: "Okay, I will make it with my mother tomorrow."

The red dates were given by Shen Xuanqing last time when he gave Shen Shunwang badger meat. No one in their family likes badger meat, but there are many. There is no harm in giving some to relatives and close friends.

While talking, Shen Yaoqing came back from the outside, saw a lot of wooden crutches in the bamboo plaque, squatted down and picked up two to eat, he didn't get up, squatted there and said: "Zheng Zi has gone." Wei Lanxiang stopped his

hands Zhang Zhengzi and Shen Xuanqing are the same age, only nineteen after this year, sighed and asked, "Where's his mother?"

"I didn't know at the beginning, but I just found out. I didn't catch my breath and fainted." Shen Yaoqing replied.

Thinking of Mrs. Zhang, Wei Lanxiang sighed again, and asked: "How is Wanyun?

" After Shen Yaoqing finished speaking, she felt that the loss of Zhang Zhengzi was good to Xiao Zhang, and no one beat her anymore, but she also became a widow.

Both Shen Xuanqing and Shen Yaoqing felt that men who beat their wives and husbands are the most incompetent, and usually look down on Zhang Zhengzi, but now that he is dead, there is nothing to look down on.

"Didn't you say when to bury it?" Wei Lanxiang cut the wooden crutches again.

Zhang Zhengzi is too young to have any children, and Qingxi Village is fine, if they are placed in other places, they might not even be allowed to enter their ancestral graves.

"There are so many people in a mess, I heard my uncle say to stop for three days, and keep everything simple." Shen Yaoqing picked up wooden crutches to eat, but was beaten by Ji Qiuyue and asked him to wash.

Shen Yaoqing smiled, grabbed a handful of wooden crutches, got up and said, "You can eat more after washing."

Lu Gu listened beside him, and when he heard Zhang Zhengzi's death, he thought of Li Wanyun, and heard Shen Yaoqing say that she was stupid. I can't even speak, and I feel a little uncomfortable. Li Wanyun is weak in speech. Although he doesn't meet many times, he thinks she is an honest and good person.

Wei Lan Xiangmu hadn't finished cutting the crutches, suddenly remembered something, hurried into the room and dug out a piece of red cloth from the box, sat by the bed and cut a section, took it out to Ji Qiuyue, and said in a low voice: "Don't worry about it these few days. Go out and change this belt."

The Zhang family is too close, afraid of being bumped into, so they have to block it with a red cloth. Ji Qiuyue didn't say much, and went back to her room to change her belt.