Chapter 50

The only wisp of cooking smoke in the mountain forest rose, and the barking of dogs came from a distance, not only Lu Gu heard it, the pups howled towards the door a few times, as if they were responding to Big Hui.

Lu Gu added some firewood to the bottom of the stove, and hurriedly went to look outside the courtyard gate.

The two small dogs ran back first, wagging their tails around Lu Gu, and lowered their heads to sniff the puppies that came out. Lu Gu looked into the forest to the east, and soon saw Shen Xuanqing and Da Hui.

Shen Xuanqing seemed to be dragging something, Lu Gu remembered that he was still carrying a bamboo basket, and he didn't know if it would sink or not, so he simply went east to pick it up.

"I caught a dwarf deer, and I shot it in the leg. I will raise it for a few days and take it down when I go back down the mountain." Seeing Lu Gu approaching, Shen Xuanqing was very happy. The dwarf deer had a cloth wrapped around its front leg, oozing green medicine Limp and red blood stains, he couldn't run anymore, he wrapped a hemp rope around his neck and pulled him all the way back.

This dwarf deer has quite a temper, and sometimes it will stick its neck to fight against Shen Xuanqing, pulling the rope backwards and unwilling to go forward, but there is a big gray roaring fiercely at the side, making a gesture of attacking and biting it, the dwarf deer Frightened, she moved forward, Shen Xuanqing was not used to it, and when she was not going away, she whipped the hemp rope like a whip a few times, so she didn't need to be threatened by Dahui.

Now that it is autumn, the vegetation has not completely withered, and the wild fruits are ripe and luxuriant. During this period of time, most of the wild animals in the mountains are fattened up in autumn. There are more edible fruits and grasses, so they are naturally fatter.

"I'll carry it." Seeing that Shen Xuanqing had to drag the dwarf deer away, Lu Gu knew that he couldn't control it. If the dwarf deer broke free, wouldn't it be a waste of work today, it would be better to carry the bamboo basket.

It was not far from the yard, and the bamboo basket wasn't too heavy, so Shen Xuanqing gave it to Lu Gu, saying: "Dahui and the others caught two long-tailed pheasants, and they were all inside."

The bamboo basket was big enough, but Lu Gu Gu was also able to recite it, and seeing Shen Xuanqing smiling all the time, he was also happy, and said: "I picked the persimmons, they are all red, you can eat them when you peel them off."

"Okay, I'll eat one." Shen Xuanqing agreed, with a smile on Jun's face.

And compared to the timid and cowardly one before, Lu Gu will gradually show a light smile, although not many times, but his brows and eyes are slightly curved, his eyes are bright and energetic, and he can tell that he is in a good mood just by looking at him.

Once back, Shen Xuanqing drove a wooden stake to the corner of the backyard, nailed it deep into the ground, and tied the deer up with a short hemp rope.

The pup was very curious about the dwarf deer, and he followed Shen Xuanqing to the backyard when he was working. The chickens and ducks were all in the fence, so it couldn't get in. When he wanted to bite the chickens and ducks, he was taught a lesson by the big gray growl. Now that I have a little memory, I only open my mouth to bite when I am excited to play, but with Lu Gu watching, he grabs it away every time.

"Woof!" The pup leaned forward slightly, jumping and calling at the dwarf deer, as if it wanted to show off its abilities. Although the dwarf deer was shorter than the sika deer, it was also bigger than a pup, especially this one was an adult deer.

After Shen Xuanqing finished her work, she went to the front yard to wash her hands and eat. The pup was still playing in the backyard, barking powerfully. Even if the owner was not there, she was not afraid of living creatures taller than it at all.

The picked persimmons were placed on the window sill of the kitchen window, and they were lined up in a row. Lu Gu had already scooped up the water for washing his hands. After Shen Xuanqing finished washing, he first handed over a soft red persimmon. He also said: "The steamed buns and rice soup are heating up, you can eat this first, and then you can eat after cooking." "

Yeah." There was a smile in Shen Xuanqing's eyes. But the persimmons picked by himself are not as sweet as the persimmons Fu Lang brought back and handed to him.

I came back early today, and the two of them didn't wipe the black until after dinner. Lu Gu was washing the dishes in the kitchen. By now, the courtyard door should be fixed, but Shen Xuanqing hesitated, and went into the kitchen to help Lu Gu wash the dishes. Put the bowl away.

"I want to hunt foxes these few days. It's cold, and fox fur can be sold at a high price. Master said that he has a network in Fucheng. If he can find good furs, the price will be higher than in the town."

Lu Gu raised his head and listened to him carefully without interrupting.

"It's just that when I go out tomorrow, I guess it will take a day or two to come back. Foxes are cunning and quick-witted and hard to catch, and they often come out at night, so it's more troublesome to track them down. I'm going out tomorrow, so I probably won't come back at night." Lu Gu suddenly felt a little

nervous He was at a loss, but he couldn't block Shen Xuanqing from hunting. After a moment of stupor, he asked, "Then where do you sleep at night?"

Shen Xuanqing said, "There's no need to worry about it. Take the dog and find a place, and bring thick clothes. One night is over."

"I'm not here at night, you have to remember the door, so, come and take a look." Shen Xuanqing said and walked out, Lu Gu naturally followed.

The thick tree trunk used to cover the courtyard gate is heavy, and it is specially found wood. Otherwise, if a wild animal attacks the gate, it will be too light to hold it.

"When I open the door tomorrow, I will lean it to the left, and only open one door to go out. You can move it at night, and the door bolt can be held when you move it over." Shen Xuanqing didn't worry much about herself, but she was a little worried about going out. Gu is alone, and he will bring all three big dogs with him tomorrow, leaving Lu Gu alone.

"Okay." Lu Gu nodded his head and made a note. He didn't need to hug the tree trunk from the wall, but it was still possible for him to hug it by moving it to the middle. It only took a little effort.

It was agreed and there was no further objection, the two of them washed up and fell asleep.

On the bed, Shen Xuanqing didn't fall asleep for a while, turned over and hugged Lu Gu in his arms, and then felt satisfied and comfortable. When he couldn't talk back just now, he thought that Lu Gu would be frightened.

Lu Gu's eyes were indeed a little flustered, but he didn't say anything, even after thinking about it, Lu Gu had never told him that he was afraid, and trembling with fear, he could not speak. He thought about it, sighed slightly, hugged the person in his arms and gradually fell asleep.

——

The next day, after Shen Xuanqing left, Lu Gu went back to the courtyard, closed the door and tried to move the tree trunk. It was really difficult, but he was able to move it, so he felt much more relieved.

It was still early, and the dew outside was a bit heavy. He didn't let the chickens and ducks out. After sweeping the house and the sun came out, he moved the bamboo plaques out from the main room. The mushrooms and goji berries picked yesterday were dried before they could be put up. .

The pup sleeping on the sack woke up, no longer curled up into a ball of fluffy meat, it yawned, stood up and stretched, then shook its round and fat body and walked towards Lu Gu , screaming and rubbing against Lu Gu's legs, it was time to eat.

Lu Gu broke a Zamian steamed bun for it, and a few pieces of cooked hare meat. Big Hui and the others like to eat cooked ones. After they are cooked, the pups also eat them together. Lu Gu gave the remaining pieces to Lu Gu It poured into the basin and poured water into the nearby dog ​​bowl.

The pup puts his head down and picks up the meat to eat first. He can eat meat every two or three days, and he is really well-raised. Seeing that it was eating fast, Lu Gu couldn't help touching its head. The pup was taught not to protect its food, so Lu Gu allowed Lu Gu to touch it.

When the sun was high, it was time to let the chickens and ducks out to graze. Lu Gu went to the backyard. The dwarf deer was still chained in a corner, lying on the ground. When people came, he raised his head vigilantly. Lu Gu saw that it was still alive. Don't worry, as for the leg injury, Shen Xuanqing said it doesn't matter, and will change the herbal medicine when he comes back.

After driving the chickens and ducks to the fence outside the yard, Lu Gu pulled a bundle of grass before going back.

Both the long-tailed pheasant locked in the firewood house and the dwarf deer in the backyard had to be fed. The long-tailed pheasant could fly up by flapping its wings. Shen Xuanqing was worried, so she locked the pheasant in Lu Gu alone. woodshed.

The pheasant is alright, Lu Gu thought that if he wanted to raise the dwarf deer, he had to feed it, otherwise it would be a pity for such a fat prey to be bred and sold. He still remembers the first time Shen Xuanqing took him to the town Although the dwarf deer was different from the sika deer, the young deer sold was worth some money.

He asked last night, and Shen Xuanqing said that the dwarf deer eats both grass and leaves. He pulled out different grasses and went back to see which kind of dwarf deer like to eat, but the dwarf deer was wary, and he didn't move his mouth much in front of him, so he had to First carry the basket to pick up the ground vegetables.

Lu Gu was picking up vegetables around the courtyard. He didn't walk too far, and the courtyard door was still open. The pup followed him all the time, running, dancing and having fun.

After picking up a basket of ground vegetables, Lu Gu sat in the yard and cleaned the broken grass in it, washed it twice with water, and spread it on a bamboo plaque to dry when it was clean.

After finishing all this, he didn't stop at work. He carried a bamboo basket and took a short hoe to dig the sweet root. At the bottom of the hill not far away, there were several clumps of root grass. The fibrous root is broken off and only the bottom large root is left.

Because he was not far away, he didn't lock the door, and let the pups follow him. He dug the pups and the pups helped dig the soil when they saw it, but the boy was so excited that he splashed the soil all over Lu Gu.

"Okay, okay, I'll come, you dig here." Lu Gu whispered and carried it to the side to avoid trouble.

The sweet roots here are quite big, almost as big as his fist. Lu Gu squatted on the ground, knocked the dug out roots on the ground, and put them into the bamboo basket after getting off the big clods.

More than 20 sweet roots were dug out from these clumps, and Lu Gu didn't want the ones that were too small. He didn't stop until he had dug up all the ones here.

I saw a lot of sour red fruits in the grass. People don't eat them very much, but Shen Xuanqing said that the dwarf deer prefers them. The bamboo baskets are sweet roots with soil. The sour red fruits are too small, so he even cut off the grass branches. , got a bunch of them back.

After returning, he went to the backyard to have a look. The dwarf deer ate the grass, and the rest probably didn't like it very much. Now he knew what kind of grass to plant.

Throwing the sour red fruit to the dwarf deer, Lu Gu didn't care about it, went to the front yard to wash three sweet roots, put a mixed-noodle steamed bun in the pot, and lit it to steam it.

The sweet nest root is said to be sweet, but it doesn't taste much sweet in reality. It tastes good when it's steamed. Some people dip it in honey to make it sweeter. The golden honey that Shen Xuanqing found before is still a bit sweet.

With Shen Xuanqing not around, Lu Gu didn't dare to eat too much. He opened the honey jar and looked at it, thinking that it would be good to dip some chopsticks and rub it on the sweet corn roots.

During the day, he was busy alone, digging things and taking care of the chickens and ducks. When the ducks were letting the ducks swim, Lu Gu sat on the edge of the pond with bamboo strips in his arms and weaved bamboo plaques. Don't be too distracted if you want to do more delicate work.

No one talked to him, he just thought about things by himself, there were not many bamboo sticks, and when Shen Xuanqing was busy hunting foxes, he had to chop some bamboo back, the bamboo plaques were small, it was convenient to dry the wolfberry fungus, and pour them into the cloth bag directly after drying It's also clean, but we still have to weave a big bamboo mat and spread it on the ground to dry a lot of wild vegetables.

When I was busy, I didn't feel anything, but at night, the mountains and forests seemed extraordinarily quiet.

After fixing the courtyard door, Lu Gu sat in the courtyard and waited for a long time, afraid that if he closed the door, Shen Xuanqing would not be able to enter the door if she came back.

The pup stayed with him in the yard until the moon was in the sky. There was no sound of people or dogs barking outside. He looked up at the moon for a while before going back to his room to sleep.