Chapter 141

Shen Xuanqing's words made Lu Gu hesitate. There are so many livestock in the family who have to eat grass every day and prepare hay for the winter. If he doesn't work, it will all fall on others, so he said: "If I don't Do it, mother and the others are too busy."

"Didn't it be agreed before that you will go up the mountain with me, and if you don't come down for half a month, you won't be able to share much work." Shen Xuanqing was a little helpless, and said: "I can't do the work. It's over, every day, but with me and big brother here, why do you take things on yourself, if things go on like this, you have to worry about everything, then all the work will fall on you, how can you be busy?"

Seeing Lu Gu's embarrassing expression, he smiled helplessly, while Shen Yaoqing and Shen Yan were mowing the grass not far away, without looking over, he quietly squeezed Fulang's palm to express his relief, and said with a smile: "Brother and I are good or bad It is hard labor, and it will never make the family suffer. If you tell you to rest, you should rest. The injury on your hand will heal, and you will be able to work more quickly. Otherwise, you will be soaked in water all the time. "

"Yes." Lu Gu felt that it was reasonable, so he nodded in agreement, he had always trusted Shen Xuanqing.

Seeing that he listened, Shen Xuanqing smiled and said: "I'm going to plow the field and plant winter wheat in two days. I'm really busy, and I can't let go of mowing the grass. I just told my elder brother in the field that drying the hay is urgent. We should prepare it early when the weather is good recently, and plan to spend some money to hire someone to cut it for us."

Lu Gu was stunned when he said this, the country people mow the grass by themselves, there is no way to hire someone, this is not a waste of money ?, but he didn't speak, listening to Shen Xuanqing continue.

"I plan to find Zhizi and his wife. Mowing grass is not delicate work, it only takes effort and effort. The wages must not be much. Two carts cost three Wen. Let them push our cart to use." Shen Xuanqing

said Then, he grabbed Lu Gu's left hand and looked at it, but he couldn't see anything because his thumb was entangled, so he put it down again, and said: "At first, I thought that the wages would be calculated by the day, but on second thought, their family also has We can't delay the work, it's better to pay according to the car, as long as the two of them are free, we can pay as much as we can."

"In this way, Niang and Yanyan only need to pluck the fresh grass for the poultry and livestock every day, and they don't have to worry about anything else. They won't be so busy, and people can rest." Grass grows

by the river and in the fields . Here, you can see it everywhere. There is no cost at all, and you just have to work hard to cut it. The price is also fair, not too much and not too little. Nowadays, a biscuit costs two cents.

But weeds have never been valuable things, and two carts of grass can be exchanged for three pennies, which is really good for people who don't have much land at home and need to work everywhere to earn money.

Lu Gu thought about the hay hut. Dried grass is not as light as wet grass. It takes five or six catties of wet grass to dry out one catty of hay. How many carts would it take to fill a room.

He thought so, and asked in a low voice.

Shen Xuanqing smiled and said: "As long as you can stock up on real estate, how many cars are worth it. Otherwise, if you run out of food in winter, what do you eat at home? A live rabbit can sell for thirty yuan even if the leather and meat are cheap. When the weather is cold and fat, one can sell for thirty-five or forty yuan, and one rabbit is enough for twenty carts of grass." "

Now we only have a few small rabbits, not less than ten A few or twenty dollars." He had always been patient with Lu Gu, and told Fu Lang about the calculation of the money.

When he said this, Lu Gu understood and no longer felt that he would lose money.

"Besides, this is just to prepare rations for the winter. After the winter, we will mow the grass ourselves." After finishing speaking, Shen Xuanqing held the sickle and was busy mowing the grass.

Lu Gu was at the side to help, nothing more than carrying a bamboo basket, no more work.

After working for a while, Shen Xuanqing went to He Zhi's house.

Recently it was time to plant winter wheat, but He Zhi's family didn't have much land, so he could only do part-time labor when he was done with work. Yes, it's just mowing. When he and Chen Dongdong are free, they can mow a lot in a short while.

Earning money has always been exciting. As soon as Shen Xuanqing finished speaking, he simply agreed: "Sure, I'm going to do the last bit of work in the field today, and I'll go tomorrow.

" , Shen Xuanqing didn't sit down much, it was already lunch time, the food must be prepared at home and ready for others to go back.

At the dinner table, when Wei Lanxiang heard that he wanted to spend money to hire someone to mow the grass, he was not very happy in his heart. He felt that it was a waste of money, so he said: "Why hire someone to cut the grass, I am not too old to walk. Besides, there are so many bean straws and wheat straws in the house. This year, there are two stacks of wheat straws, which can be eaten by cattle and sheep. In half a month, the rice will be ripe, and there will be a lot of dried rice oranges. Why bother? Spend money."

Shen Xuanqing took a mouthful of rice, swallowed it, and said: "Mother, this is the first time we are raising so many livestock this year, it is definitely right to prepare more hay, and rice, orange and wheat straw are also used for firewood at home. When the grass and food are cut off in winter, you can only go out to dig grass roots and peel off the bark. In the cold weather, go out to suffer from the cold. Besides, people often say that if the rabbit has nothing to eat and starves to death, what will I get for the next year? Sell ​​money?"

"Yes, mother, two carts are only three pennies, and one rabbit can be exchanged for twenty carts of grass." Shen Yaoqing said beside him, when he was cutting grass by the river before, he heard Shen Xuanqing If it is true, it is reasonable, and their family will definitely not suffer.

The two sons said so, Wei Lanxiang looked hesitant, Shen Yaoqing smiled and persuaded her a few words, she thought she couldn't control this matter, so she had to shut up, but she was still a little unhappy, how could she mow the grass? Still need to hire someone.

Ji Qiuyue saw her unhappiness, so she smiled and said: "Mother, this is a good thing, then you will be free, and when you come back from harvesting fresh grass, you can help hold Zhao'er. I am alone. Some people can't take care of him, he has to be hugged and coaxed whenever he cries, and if we don't have a lot of family members, I wouldn't even be able to take care of eating." This can be said to have hit my heart all of a sudden, making

Wei Lanxiang smile, The eldest grandson is her darling, who wants to show off when she meets everyone, who would not be unhappy if she hugs and coaxes him a lot, his energy level is obviously brightened, and he immediately figured out that it doesn't matter if he spends money or not Her affairs don't cost her money, so Shen Xuanqing can do the work by herself, and she, an old woman, will follow along.

"Okay, that's it." She hastily agreed, with no unhappiness on her face.

Lu Gu has always known that he has a stupid brain and a stupid mouth and can't speak. At this time, seeing Ji Qiuyue is so powerful, Wei Lanxiang is happy with two or three sentences. The eyes that look at Ji Qiuyue are reverent and bright. Mrs. Dao is really amazing.

Shen Xuanqing next to him moved his cheeks and was chewing rice. Suddenly he saw Lu Gu's eyes lit up, but the eyes were not looking at him. When he stopped chewing, he felt a bit blocked for no reason, but his family members were there. It's easy to ask, so I had to pretend to pick up a chopstick dish for Lu Gu, and let him eat while it's hot.

Lu Gu's attention was drawn back, and Shen Xuanqing used to pick up a dish with chopsticks for him, so he didn't have any suspicions.

——After

autumn, the wild animals on the mountain began to put on autumn fat one after another. After staying at home for another two days, Lu Gu's thumb injury healed a little, and he went up the mountain with Shen Xuanqing who had packed up.

This time he came up with only two thick clothes. He hadn't finished eating the rice and noodles on the mountain before, so it was enough to bring some dry food up. Wei Lanxiang also packed peanuts and fried beans for them to eat as snacks for grinding their teeth.

As for He Zhi and Chen Dongdong's wages for mowing grass, Shen Xuanqing counted out three hundred Wen, which was enough for two hundred carts of grass, and left the money to Shen Yaoqing. He found an unused board before, and He Zhi mowed one cart of grass each time. When he came back, he took the tip of the sickle and scratched a line on the wooden board, no matter He Zhi himself or Shen Yaoqing helped him, in a word, one car was worth one car, and he paid fifteen cash for ten marks.

It was undoubtedly right to hire He Zhi and his wife. Lu Gu could not do other work, so he would sweep or chop chicken grass in the new house. Sometimes He Zhi and Chen Dongdong would come in with a cart full of grass. The pressure is very solid, there is no laziness or deceit at all.

The two of them are also careful. The hard wood branches and thorny branches in the grass and other things that will scratch the mouth of the man's hand and bull's mouth are deliberately picked out. After the grass is pulled back, it is dumped on the open space and spread out with a rake. Let it dry in the sun, and the grass that cattle and sheep cannot eat will not be mowed back.

Even Wei Lanxiang came over to take a look and felt relieved.

One cart after another, He Zhi is very motivated, and so is Chen Dongdong. He can also help with mowing the grass. Ten carts are worth fifteen yuan. The two of them should be quicker, and sometimes He Zhi's parents will come to help mow the grass. , at most, five cars can be harvested in one day.

He Zhi rolled his sleeves and wielded a sickle. He just mowed the grass and put it on the ground after mowing. The same was true for Chen Dongdong. He Zhi's parents were in poor health and couldn't do heavy work, but they didn't have to do anything else. Shake off the thorns and clean them, and then hug them to the car.

There are many people doing short-term labor in each village, and sometimes they may not be able to meet many jobs, and the wages for mowing the lawn are cheaper, but according to Shen Xuanqing, there will be more livestock in the house in the future, and the Shen family will not be able to do it by themselves, so they must hire people Mowing the lawn is a long-term job, so He Zhi wanted to take care of it. Even if he went to work for others when the farming was busy, Dong Geer and his parents could still mow the grass at home, which was more or less a wage.

Mowing grass can make money. After the villagers knew about it, several outspoken people said in front of him why this good thing didn't happen to him. Even if he knew that Shen Xuanqing would not backtrack, he still had to grasp this job.

There is no need for Lu Gu to worry about family affairs. He only has an injury on his left thumb, and everything else is fine. Now he can eat and drink enough at home, and he still has an egg every day. The wound heals faster than before, but he still uses medicinal sackcloth entangled.

Sometimes even he himself felt a little embarrassed, the wound was really not a serious injury, at most it was a bit deep, but the bleeding stopped shortly after applying the big thistle that day, but Shen Xuanqing insisted on letting him "Recuperation", but the family didn't care much about Shen Xuanqing, which really made him support him.

In other words, even Wei Lanxiang can't control it, Shen Xuanqing is the mainstay of the family's money, and he usually does whatever he says.

After arriving on the mountain, they rested for a while. Now Shen Xuanqing was sweeping the yard outside. He took a feather duster to sweep the dust on the bed and table.

Every time I leave, I close the doors and windows, but the dust comes in from nowhere, covering everything with a thin layer of dust.