Chapter 79

Lu Gu would glance at him, and he knew from the expressions of Shen Yaoqing and Wei Lanxiang that the family didn't want to have anything to do with the Zhang family, so he didn't dare to tell his family with the steamed buns. Xuan Qing said.

As for the two steamed buns, he secretly gave them to Mrs. Zhang, as long as the Zhang family didn't know about them.

With only two steamed buns, Shen Xuanqing probably wouldn't talk about him. Though thinking so, Lu Gu was still a little apprehensive.

Everyone in the village cleared the snow in front of their gates, and the mountain roads were not cleaned up. He deliberately went around behind the house and walked up the mountain, for fear of being seen by the villagers. Quick, must be terrified.

The pup came out with him, and his limbs fell into the snow. He wanted to let the pup go back, but when he looked ahead and saw the white snow on the mountain, he was a little afraid to go to Xiao Zhang alone, so he called out to be a good boy and let him follow. .

It is convenient to find people in the snow, as long as you can see the traces of Xiao Zhang's stepping.

Lu Gu climbed up the gentle slope. The forest was too quiet, which made him a little scared, but he glanced at the pup next to his legs, and moved forward vigorously, trying to find the path that Mrs. Zhang had walked. He didn't take a few steps, the pup Suddenly, he shouted at a few trees next to him.

The traces in the snow over there were originally going up, but he found that there were people behind those trees, who else could it be if it wasn't Xiao Zhang. She probably ran up and then turned back, hiding behind the trees and not daring to downhill.

He often lives in the deep mountains with Shen Xuanqing, and doesn't have much contact with the villagers. When he saw Xiao Zhang, he recalled how Wei Lanxiang called her, and then he said cautiously: "Wanyun, it's me, Guzi, isn't it?" Someone else."

There was snow under his feet, but fortunately Lu Gu was wearing cotton shoes, so it wasn't that cold. He took out the two steamed buns from his arms and whispered, "I'll bring you two steamed buns, not hot but soft."

Li Wanyun slowly poked her head out from behind the tree, her first glance was not at Lu Gu, but behind him, and she wiped the tears off her face when she saw that Zhang Zhengzi was nowhere to be seen.

It was too cold, she was wearing thin clothes, she was not warm enough, the tears on her eyelashes had turned to hoarfrost, her hair was messed up due to the beating, her hair was disheveled, and her face was stained with tears and blood.

Shen Xuanqing and Zhang Zhengzi are the same age and generation, so even if Zhang Zhengzi gets married first, Lu Gu doesn't need to call Li Wanyun sister-in-law or anything.

"Woof!"

The pup yelled, causing Li Wanyun to shrink back in fright, Lu Gu hurriedly imitated Shen Xuanqing and stopped the pup.

Dogs also know how to read words and expressions. When facing Zhang Zhengzi, the dog cubs kept biting. Seeing Li Wanyun now, he sensed her weakness, so he stopped barking.

Lu Gu waited at the same spot for a while before Li Wanyun came out, took the two steamed buns in his hand and devoured them hungrily, choking on them and ignoring anything else, grabbed a handful of snow and stuffed it into her mouth.

"Don't tell people that I'll give you steamed buns, or..." Lu Gu frowned, and whispered, "Otherwise, I might suffer too.

" I don't know whether it was choking or what, but tears came out.

Lu Gu didn't dare to stay longer on the mountain, for fear of being seen by others, he couldn't hold back and whispered when he was about to leave: "Then do you want to go back, it's too cold on the mountain.

" So, in case something goes wrong, hit her again.

Li Wanyun ate very quickly, swallowed the last gulp, and said in a hoarse voice: "I don't know, if he doesn't calm down, he will be beaten again when he goes back."

Who doesn't want to live if they can live, why starve to death and freeze to death in the mountains, she ran up the mountain and saw that Zhang Zhengzi didn't come after him, it was because she didn't want to freeze to death on the mountain, Zhang Zhengzi often beat her, knowing that she was timid and afraid of death, so she went back without looking up.

But even if they go back now, Zhang Zhengzi and Lao Zhang's temperament is not smooth, and they want to beat and scold her, what should they do.

It's not that she hasn't returned to her natal home after being beaten, but every time Zhang Zhengzi went to pick her up, her parents said she was married and couldn't care about her anymore, at most they just scolded Zhang Zhengzi. , her natal family also beat Zhang Zhengzi, but it was still useless.

Every time when he was at her mother's house, Zhang Zhengzi looked like a human being. He apologized with a smile on his face and said that he didn't dare to do it any more. When he came back to live in peace for a few days, once his mother had a fit, he would beat her again. He was also tortured and gradually accepted his fate.

Aunt Miao once wanted to help her, but she was bullied and abused by the old Zhang. Seeing Lu Gu now, Li Wanyun didn't dare to ask him to take her in. Besides, as Lu Gu's new husband, she couldn't speak well in the Shen family.

Just left like this, leaving Mrs. Zhang alone on the mountain, Lu Gu felt uneasy, he was stupid and couldn't think of a good way, he gritted his teeth and said: "Why don't you hide behind the house, don't stay on the mountain, I will find you at noon I'll bring you some food while I'm free."

Li Wanyun looked at him, wiped away her tears and nodded, "Okay, I think they'll go back at night when they've calmed down. It's quiet at night, and he won't hit me if they hear a joke. "

After it was decided, Lu Gu would take the pup down the mountain first, and Mrs. Zhang waited until he could not see him before carefully going to the back of the village.

Lu Gu was also very cautious when he came back. When the Shen family built the house, there was no back door to guard against thieves, so he could only walk around to the front yard from the back of the house. As soon as he turned around, he had a face-to-face meeting with Shen Xuanqing, who was so frightened that he immediately stopped. , eyes widened.

Shen Xuanqing, who was carrying a basket, came back from buying tofu. She never expected to see him coming back from the back of the house before entering the door, and asked, "What are you doing behind?"

"I, I..." Lu Gu is not good at lying, he hesitated for a long time without saying a word.

Shen Xuanqing frowned slightly, not knowing what happened to him, but seeing that he was not dirty or injured, he asked again: "Can't you tell me what happened?

" He walked home while talking, and Lu Gu came back with him.

Seeing that Lu Gu was only flustered but not afraid, and he was not injured, Shen Xuanqing didn't worry too much, and said: "I bought a lot today, and I can make fried tofu, fried spicy tofu or tofu soup later, and I also bought tofu skin , cut into shreds, stir-fry and cold salad, first of all, there is no bean curd buns sold in Brother Yang Xian's tavern, if you want to eat, try wrapping it, it doesn't matter if it's not wrapped well." Put the bamboo basket on the chopping

board On, he didn't go out, waiting for Lu Gu's words.

"The Zhang family is beating someone again." Lu Gu's voice was very low, and he truthfully told the story of Xiao Zhang's being beaten up the mountain. Because of his trust and dependence on Shen Xuanqing, he finally took the matter of two steamed buns from his family. Tell Shen Xuanqing.

Afraid that Shen Xuanqing would say that he stole steamed buns for others, he lowered his head while talking, not daring to look at each other.

It turned out to be like this, Shen Xuanqing guessed what he was thinking when he saw him like this, sighed helplessly, and said: "This is our house, you can take as many steamed buns as you want, who can say you can't do it?

" Home.

Lu Gu raised his head, his eyes and nose were a little sore, it could be seen that Shen Xuanqing was smiling, so he didn't want to cry, he just stretched out his hand and squeezed the corner of Shen Xuanqing's clothes. Dare to go back, I asked her to hide behind the house, and said that I would bring her some food at noon."

Fu Lang looked at himself with hopeful eyes, and Shen Xuanqing thought that if he didn't agree, he would be a big man, let's talk about Xiao Zhang. Shi is pitiful, so I will help if I can, and it's okay to stutter, so I said: "Okay, it's up to you, I will help to go around the door of Zhang's house, and see if the two people are happy."

"Okay." Lu Gu clenched the corner of his clothes again, agreeing very obediently.

After lunch was ready, Lu Gu looked out of the kitchen. No one came, so he took a steamed bun, broke it open, and put a piece of fried meat in it. It was fried for Ji Qiuyue. He didn't dare to add more, let alone the meat It was not too small, and there was a steamed bun. He put a slice of pickles in it, and when he was about to cover it in the hot pot, Wei Lanxiang came in, wanting to see if the meal was ready.

"Mother." Lu Gu shouted timidly, keeping his eyes open and not daring to move.

Wei Lanxiang wondered: "It's not time to eat, why are you still putting it in the pot?" "

I, I..." Lu Gu stuttered and found an excuse, and said, "I'll keep it to eat when I'm hungry."

His expression Uneasy, I knew something was up personally, Wei Lanxiang took a look at the two steamed buns, they both had something in them, no matter what happened to their house, there would be no shortage of Lu Gu's bite to eat, and I never saw Lu Gu having lunch at noon Said hungry after a meal.

After thinking about it for a while, she smiled and said, "Okay, it's hot if you cover it in the pot, you can cover two more if you like to eat, it's up to you." After finishing speaking,

Wei Lanxiang went out with two bowls of soup, and called Shen Yan as she walked. .

Lu Gu paused on the spot, thinking that he should not have been noticed. Hearing Shen Yan's footsteps, he put the steamed buns into the pot before she came in.

After eating, under the cover of Shen Xuanqing, Lu Gu sneaked out of the house with a steamed bun, and went to the back of the house to find someone.

The stewed tofu with womb cabbage has a lot of water, if it is sandwiched in steamed buns, he will dirty his clothes in his arms, so after thinking about it, he sandwiched a piece of meat.

The Shen family didn't talk about others, Wei Lanxiang could see it clearly, her heart was like a bright mirror, but she didn't expose it, so she let it go, in winter, it was her life anyway.

The wind blew from time to time, Li Wanyun hid behind the houses of Shen's and Miao's houses, she didn't dare to go to Zhang's house, she stamped her feet and rubbed her hands in the cold, and had to be on guard in case someone came over, it would be fine if it wasn't Zhang Zhengzi, if so, She had to run quickly, but she probably knew that Zhang Zhengzi would not come out to look for her in such a cold day.

When Lu Gu found her, she had combed her hair well, and it was no longer loose, but because there was no comb, the hair was very rough.

Water is hard to get, but there is snow everywhere on the ground, and you can stuff it into your mouth if you grab it from the ground where no one has stepped on it.

Li Wanyun took a big mouthful of hot steamed buns, and before swallowing them, she opened her eyes wide and looked at Lu Gu in amazement, and said inarticulately, "Meat." "The

other one has pickles." Lu Gu whispered, seeing her big He stuttered so much that he felt that it was worth it even if he went back to be scolded for this piece of meat.

Before leaving, he said again: "You hide first, and Erqing said to walk around the door later to see if their anger subsides."

Li Wanyun couldn't finish swallowing the steamed buns, and when she heard Shen Xuanqing's name, she wanted to ask how he could help , it can be seen that Lu Gu's eyes are clear, she has never heard of the two sons of the second room of the Shen family beating their wives, and she got so excited in her heart that she nodded gratefully when she couldn't speak.

The wind was cold, and the Shen family members were all sitting on the bed, with Mrs. Tang covering them warmly under the blanket, which was much warmer than outside.

It was the same after Lu Gu came back, Shen Xuanqing entered the room after a while.

"Zhang Zhengzi went to Dayang's house to drink. If he is not drunk, he probably won't come back. It's fine if he is drunk. His mother is weak and can't beat anyone. He is a drunk and falls asleep when he goes back. He can't move even if he wants to." The family is so far

away Nearly, they are the same age again, Zhang Zhengzi is very clear about what kind of virtue Shen Xuanqing is, he is lazy and likes to drink, he always comes back drunk and full of nonsense, this morning he just beat his wife away, and within half a day he would go leisurely Drinking, this is because he didn't care about Xiao Zhang's life and death at all.

"Then I'll go and tell her." Lu Gu sat on the edge of the bed, didn't even take off his shoes, just put the thin quilt on his legs, said, lifted the quilt and stood up.

"Well, I'll come back after I've said it, it's too cold outside." Shen Xuanqing said, the other party was a woman, it was not good for him to follow, so he had to tell Lu Gu.

Fortunately, the Shen family was at the back of the village, and there were few people coming out due to the strong wind at the moment, otherwise Lu Gu ran to the back of the house again and again, and maybe the news would reach the old Zhang's ears.

Li Wanyun hid by the back wall of Shen's house, the wind behind her was at least blocked by the mud wall.

Lu Gu imitated Shen Xuanqing's words from her, and seeing that she was really panicking from the cold, he handed over the tube sleeves on his wrists to warm her hands.

The tube sleeves were hot because he had worn them, Li Wanyun felt her hands were dirty, it could be seen that Lu Gu didn't dislike it, so she took it after a moment of hesitation, and stuffed her hands into it.

Seeing her red and swollen fingers and several scars, Lu Gu looked away and asked, "Are you going back now?"

Li Wanyun didn't answer, but asked nervously, "Is he really gone?"

"Well, Er Qing said so, he won't lie to me." Lu Gu replied with a nod.

Li Wanyun was hesitating, obviously still afraid, he thought for a while and said in a low voice: "Why don't you hide in the firewood house secretly, at least to avoid the wind, and you are about to fall again." This is an idea, Li Wanyun said: "His mother

... ...My mother-in-law is afraid of the cold, so I should go back to the house now."

Lu Gu was always sent to sleep in the woodshed before, and he was willing to stay in the woodshed when it was cold, no matter how broken it was, it could still cover the wind and snow.

As for Li Wanyun calling her mother-in-law, he just pretended not to hear it. After coming out of the Lu family, every time he thought of Du Hehua, he also didn't recognize that stepmother. He mentioned it to Shen Xuanqing once, but he always called her by her first name. If Shen Xuanqing is mentioned, no one else in the Shen family will mention him.

After Li Wanyun was returned to him by the sleeves, the two walked around from the back of Shen's house to the front one by one.

Lu Gu looked ahead, the wind was stronger and the snowflakes were falling, no one came out at this moment, so he turned around and shouted in a low voice.

"Go back quickly, I'm leaving." Li Wanyun told him, and hurried to Zhang's house with light steps.

There was a gap in the door of Zhang's house, which was left by Zhang Zhengzi, so as not to be unable to get in after drinking, she tiptoed and gently pushed the door open, and squeezed in through the slightly wider gap, her heart beating non-stop, because she was afraid of the wind and snow. , or slipped into the woodshed with the door half open.

If the door was not closed, the wind would keep blowing in, but the door of the firewood room was old and creaked at the slightest touch, which made Li Wanyun's face change in fright.

"Zhengzi?" Old Mrs. Zhang heard the door squeak, and shouted in the room, thinking it was Zhang Zhengzi who came back, but didn't hear any voice, and it was windy outside, so she thought it was the wind, and didn't take it to heart. , Thinking of Xiao Zhang again, cursing a few words in a low voice and still not feeling relieved, he turned his head and asked Zhengzi to clean up again.

Seeing that she went in and never came out, and there was no sound of beating or scolding in the yard, Lu Gu entered the yard.

After noon, it snowed again, the sky was overcast, and it got dark earlier. After dark, I had nothing to do, so I had to go back to my room. People who were reluctant to light oil lamps went to bed early.

Afraid that he would fall asleep and overeat after eating, Lu Gu cooked dinner earlier, and wrote the characters learned today under the oil lamp after eating. Shen Xuanqing sat next to him and watched, and taught him if he couldn't write well.

Lu Gu was shy by nature, when he was caught writing by hand, his ears and cheeks felt hot, but he didn't refuse.

The candles shake slightly, warm and reassuring.

It was gradually getting dark, the wind and snow were not heavy, and most people closed their yards to rest, but there was a staggering figure walking towards the houses behind the village, it was Zhang Zhengzi.

He drank wine, although it was not a good wine, but his face was flushed and his whole body was hot. He didn't feel cold. Block kicked out.

In the dark night, he could barely recognize the door of his house. He drank too much wine and felt urgent to urinate, so he took off his belt and stood by the mud wall to urinate. He drank a lot and urinated a lot. It didn't finish for a while, and flowed down the wall to the side. .

The drunk man even squinted his eyes half-closed, his feet were floating, his hands were not very strong, he shook after urinating, fastened his trouser belt indiscriminately, turned around and was about to enter the house, but he stepped on the big puddle of urine on, and immediately slipped and fell.

He was slow to react after drinking too much alcohol, and he still fell backwards. Hitting the back of his head was unavoidable. The stone he kicked away just now was under his head, and the uneven side was facing upwards. After falling heavily, his head suddenly fell. Knocked up, not even a sound came out of the throat, lying on the ground motionless.

It just so happened that Mrs. Zhang saw that her son hadn't come back, so she went out of the house to look outside. Before leaving the yard, she heard a muffled "bang" outside, and hurried out. There was a person lying in front of the door. She squatted tremblingly, touched the rough jade pendant around Zhang Zhengzi's waist, and cried out: "Come on, help me."

Old Zhang tried to help him up while crying. My son stepped on the piss, slipped and slipped, and fell to the ground. Her right leg was pressed by Zhang Zhengzi's back. She was old and weak, and it was winter, so her bones were already brittle, so she broke them all at once. Suddenly, there was a piercing pain in his right leg, and he almost passed out.

Even though she was old and dizzy, she also knew that something bad would happen if she fainted, so she gritted her teeth for fear of death, and shouted at the top of her voice, begging someone to save her mother and daughter.