Chapter 21

"It's time to go back."

Shen Xuanqing glanced at the western sky, the sun set as soon as it said it was going down, it will be dark soon, the mountains and forests at night are dangerous, it is better to go back as soon as possible.

Lu Gu was called back to the world by this sentence, his eyes rolled slightly, showing a little flustered, then he bit his lip lightly, lowered his head to cover up his distraction just now.

He was kicked out several times when he was hungry, and when he searched for a long time and couldn't find anything to eat, he would hold his stomach tightly and stare at the river or the mountains in a daze. As a result, others saw him and laughed at him for being stupid, and he felt embarrassed. It was rarely like that after that.

After returning home, a very thick tree trunk leaned against the wall next to the courtyard door. Shen Xuanqing closed the courtyard door, and then struggled to half hug and half drag the heavy long tree trunk against the door. In this way, even if there were two people outside Even the bears couldn't break through the gate.

Ever since the old Orion went through that incident, he even taught Shen Xuanqing how to do it, and he often told him that he must press the door well at night, otherwise he would die.

While it was still dark, Lu Gu boiled water for the two of them to wash and wash their feet. It was really cold in the deep mountains, and the cold came after the sun went down. Fortunately, Wei Lanxiang brought him a jacket.

The crescent moon hung quietly in the sky, the windows creaked and were closed, and the room became much darker, and only outlines could be seen in the haze.

Lu Gu was sleeping in the bed, Shen Xuanqing closed the window and groped into bed. The quilt was lifted and closed again, and there was a warm and tall man beside him.

Lu Gu only slept with Shen Xuanqing, and lying next to such a tall and strong man, he sometimes felt oppressed and afraid, and when he was thinking wildly, he once thought about it, could it be that all married twins and girls are afraid of the men around them at night .

But these words must never be said to the second person. He is ashamed, so naturally he can't say it, and he doesn't even dare to think about it because he is too outrageous.

Both inside and outside the house were very quiet, they covered two layers of quilts, and they warmed up after lying down, and Lu Gu gradually fell asleep.

The other person on the bed couldn't fall asleep for a long time.

Shen Xuanqing didn't know what was wrong with him, listening to the soft and shallow breathing in his ears made him even more impatient. As for what he was impatient with, he couldn't tell, he just felt like something was missing in his hands, and there seemed to be something in his chest that couldn't be filled, empty and empty.

When the forest became quieter, you could hear the faint rustling of the wind outside. Lu Gu's breathing was steady, apparently he was in a deep sleep.

Shen Xuanqing turned over gently, grabbed the soft hand under the quilt, and gradually clenched it tightly, so that the palm of the hand was at ease.

People are greedy, just look at whether the greed is big or small.

He held his hand, and he should have fallen asleep like noon, but he didn't know whether it was the long night or something, but the closer he got, he could smell the warmth and softness of Lu Gu's body, the hotter the bed, it was so clean and soft The smell seems to come out more and more.

Shen Xuanqing was almost in a mess, he was a reckless boy who was only eighteen years old, and he had never even held Shuang'er's hand before, let alone facing this charming that only he was aware of.

The night blinds the vision, invisible but tangible, since no one can see, it strengthens the courage.

When Lu Gu was still at Shen's house last night, he didn't sleep well because he was worried about going up the mountain today, and he walked the mountain road for a long time during the day. Did not wake him up.

After being hugged into her arms, Shen Xuanqing breathed a sigh of relief, her empty chest was filled, and it turned out that people often said the word "satisfied", that's it.

——

The dew is very heavy in the morning, and it doesn't take long to walk into the grass, and the trousers on the uppers of the shoes will be wet. After Lu Gu woke up, Shen Xuanqing had already dressed and got out of bed. As for sleeping in each other's arms last night, he didn't know at all.

The usual thing to get up early is to boil water and eat cakes, which is no different from that at the foot of the mountain.

"I'm late, I can't make it for lunch, you can eat by yourself, you don't need to wait for me." Shen Xuanqing carried a long hatchet, a bow and arrow, and a bamboo basket on one shoulder, with hemp rope and a small cloth bag of steamed buns in the basket.

The two of them crossed the threshold, and outside the courtyard, he turned his head and told Lu Gu: "There are no wild animals in the woods around here, but don't run too far. It won't be too late to go out after I get you matured.

" Nodding in response, Shen Xuanqing had nothing to say after explaining, and paused before saying: "Then I'm leaving." After

he finished speaking, he didn't hesitate anymore, and headed east, and the three dogs ran towards the forest in a familiar way.

Lu Gu watched, the dog barking gradually faded away, and as Shen Xuanqing's figure disappeared into the forest and was no longer seen, he felt a bit of emptiness and silence, he was the only one left here.

Birds flutter their wings and the sun rises, bringing some warmth. Lu Gu went back alone, because the sun was not yet bright, he was panicked, turned around and closed the courtyard door, surrounded by high walls, he felt at ease.

The front yard is quite big, but it has not been taken care of much. The long and heavy ax is thrown on the ground, and there are a lot of unsplit firewood scattered around. Juicy.

Lu Gu picked up the ax and leaned against the wall, and piled the unsplit wood next to the firewood shed, at least they were neatly put together. He either washed or wiped the chopping boards, stoves, pots and bowls in the kitchen, and dusted the small jars of oil, salt, sauce and vinegar.

Because it is difficult to transport things in the mountains, except for the water tank, the rice noodles are all in cloth bags and placed on the mud platform on the other side of the chopping board. There is also a wooden board on the head, otherwise if there is water on the ground, wetting the cloth bag will easily make the rice noodles damp and moldy, so it is good to put it in a high place.

He took a broom and swept the house and the kitchen again. There are many trees on the mountain, but there are fewer leaves in the front yard and the backyard where there is no food, because the trees around the yard have been cut down to avoid blocking the sun. Enough open space, so that there are no trees blocking the way when you go out.

When Lu Gu finished his work, the sun rose and shone brightly on the world, he dared to go out. Seeing that the water in the water tank was low, he went out to fetch water with a wooden bucket, and when he got to the river, he remembered the net that Shen Xuanqing had laid yesterday. , not far away.

Sure enough, a big fish was caught in the net. It was too big to get out of the mesh, so it bumped and stirred wildly. The fish twisted so badly that the water splashed out.

The fish has not been caught for a long time, and the strength has not been exhausted yet. The net is not too big, and it can be lowered in the gentle and narrow section of the river where the water and grass are lush. Lu Gu was afraid that the big fish would break through the net and run away, so he quickly collected the net. come up.

He worked a lot, and he still had some strength in his hands, but the fish was slippery, and he would throw it away after he caught it. He was afraid that the net would be broken, so it took him a while to get the big fish out of the entangled fishing net.

Now that he caught it, there is no coarse salt to pickle the fish here, and he can't take it down the mountain to sell. He remembered that he had heard people say that the fish stewed with pepper and chili peppers was delicious and spicy. It's time to eat something meaty, and it's cold in the evening, so it's warm to eat a stewed fish.

Lu Gu glanced at the fish in the wooden bucket, and thought that there is water here, so it is better to take a knife and kill it by the river, so as not to pollute the yard.

It can be said that he was the only one in a ten-mile radius. He took the knife and came over, but the wooden barrel was still in place.

This fish is too big, it is not dead right now, it fell out and fluttered on the ground, it was slippery, Lu Gu didn't hold it down a few times, let alone kill it, the head of the fish is also big, he slapped it a few times with a knife I didn't faint from the shot, so I had to pick up a fairly clean stone and smash it to death.

After dissection and scraping the scales, he cleaned up the big fish. He washed the kitchen knife and the blood on his hands, passed grass through the fish's mouth, and went back with the fish in one hand and half a bucket of water in the other.

There were plenty of fish after they were chopped into pieces. Lu Gu used a wooden basin to hold them. After chopping, he didn't take a break. He carried the wooden bucket and ran a few times, filling the water tank half and half full.

He was busy in and out of the courtyard by himself, and felt the sun was shining brightly in the courtyard, but it was already noon.

This meal should be rice soup, but he added a small handful of rice and a ladle of water by himself, and it was easy to burn the pot.

He also thought that rice soup is good for people, and if Shen Xuanqing wanted to eat it, he made more, scooped out a large bowl from the pot and put it away. When Shen Xuanqing came back, he even put the bowl in the cage and heated it up have eaten.

In the main room, Lu Gu had lunch alone.

There was not much rice in his bowl, he only scooped up the thin soup on it, and the dishes were simple, only half a bowl of pickles, and he ate two steamed buns with hot noodles.

Such a simple enough meal is enough for him. When he can eat in the Lu family, he eats leftovers, most of which are cold, which can't compare to hot rice soup and hot steamed buns.

Shen Xuanqing was not around, so he didn't dare to eat those dishes.

The vegetables they bring are mostly green onions, ginger, and garlic, such as green vegetables, autumn spinach, autumn cowpeas, and hanging melons. They will wilt after a few days when they are dug out, and they can't bring too much. If there are too many vegetables and they are rotten It's a pity that after eating these, he will have to dig wild vegetables in the mountains in the future.

People in the country don't feel rare if they eat too much wild vegetables, and the vegetables they grow are expensive. Of course, Lu Gu dare not eat alone behind his back.

——

The sky was blue and high, and thin clouds drifted past like a light mist. Lu Gu found a hoe to loosen the soil in the vegetable field in the front yard, and ran back and forth three times with the wooden bucket, watering several rows of vegetables.

I have been busy for most of the day by myself, and when I stop now, there is silence in my ears, no one's voice is moving.

He put the barrel back to the door of the kitchen, and stood there in a daze after he had no work to do. The secluded forest gave him a kind of hesitation and loneliness, as if he was the only one left in the world, abandoned outside the world.

Shen Xuanqing will come back.

Lonely and helpless, he thought of Shen Xuanqing, and he was firm in his heart, Shen Xuanqing would be back soon.

Lu Gu made himself busy again, and there were only ten Zamian steamed buns left. Shen Xuanqing ate a lot, and it was not enough for two days. With the pot empty, we started making pancakes.

Wei Lanxiang specifically told him to eat steamed buns and pancakes in exchange, and he would get tired of eating only one thing all day long. People live to earn this mouthful of food. Not only do they have to be full, but they can be happier when they eat well. What do you do? It's all good.

Although the baked thick pancakes are not as fragrant as the oiled shortbread, they are more chewy and more delicious, because they are pressed on the bottom of the pan and baked. They are round and thick, and one is as big as three shortbread. It is also very full, and it is very durable to bring one as dry food when you are on the road.

There are five big ones and one small one baked in a pot of Zamian noodles. If you usually eat them, you cut them into four corners. According to Lu Gu's own appetite, one corner of the big pancakes is enough.

Five or six pancakes plus those steamed buns were enough for the two of them to eat for several days, so Lu Gu didn't make any more.

It was getting late, so he went outside the door to pick peppercorns, and while there was fire at the bottom of the pot, he started to stew the fish, maybe it would be ready to eat when Shen Xuanqing came back.

The autumn hot peppers brought here are still green, and they look good together with red dried chili peppers. The autumn hot peppers will disappear after a few days, and only dried chili peppers will be eaten in the future.

Although Lu Gu has never stewed fish, he remembered it when Ji Qiuyue stewed spicy rabbit meat. He fried red and green chili peppers and Chinese prickly ash with less oil. The numbness and spicy taste made him cough and tear up Fortunately, it will be much stronger after pouring the fish pieces and adding water.

Soon the pot was gurgling, spicy and tangy, and the pot was neither sticky nor spoiled. He was very happy, if his mother was still there, he would definitely say that he was really good.

The fire at the bottom of the stove was changed to a small fire, Lu Gu looked east from the gate of the hospital, and there was no one in the forest, not even a dog barking.

Waiting is the longest, making people gradually startled. Lu Gu looked in front of the door for a long time before going back to add two sticks of firewood.

The sun was setting in the west, he added firewood several times, added water to the pot twice, and set up a cage to heat the rice soup, but Shen Xuanqing still didn't come back.

Hunting is like this, coming back sooner or later, he told himself, maybe he will see someone when he looks up.

The afterglow of the setting sun shone in front of the house, and Lu Gu sat on the threshold with a panicked expression.

It's getting dark, if Shen Xuanqing doesn't come back, there are wolves and old bears in the old forest, what if something happens, he doesn't know the way, he can't even find Shen Xuanqing.

These terrifying thoughts made his face turn pale, he had no time to think about the fish in the pot now, and for the first time waiting for Shen Xuanqing to return late, he was full of panic.

Until a few barking dogs broke the silence of the evening, Lu Gu looked over subconsciously, and saw Shen Xuanqing appearing in the forest, already very close.

And when Shen Xuanqing got closer, he seemed to have just realized that he got up and was about to meet him, but he stopped his pace immediately and stood there for a while, finally regained his composure, and said with a trembling voice: "You come back Already."

Shen Xuanqing had come to the front, and there seemed to be guilt in her eyes when she heard the words, and said in a low voice, "I've been waiting for a long time."

In the forest, he saw Lu Gu sitting on the threshold, thin, gazing at the east with a terrified and pitiful expression, as if he had been waiting there for a long time, and he didn't even respond until he walked over.

Shen Xuanqing, who originally brought back something good, felt a little pain in her heart because of this scene. Although she hadn't expressed love at this time, but Lu Gu waited for him like this, even a man can't be hard-hearted. This is his husband, he But he didn't take good care of it, which made him feel guilty, so he unloaded the bamboo basket, took out something wrapped in several layers of big leaves from inside, and after peeling it off, a golden honeycomb was revealed.