Chapter 139

The voices outside soon disappeared, Lu Gu dumped all the grass in the bamboo basket on the ground, and saw Wei Lanxiang walk in the door.

"Mother." He put down the empty bamboo basket, patted the ashes on his hands, picked up the bowl and drank a few sips of water, the sky was overcast, and he had to go out to cut grass with Shen Yan after taking a break.

Now that there are a lot of poultry and livestock in the house, they eat tens of catties of light grass every day. Cattle, sheep and rabbits are the most grazing, but the ducks are fine. They will find food by themselves in the river every day.

Even though grass seeds and rapeseed were sprinkled in the chicken coop, the chickens pecked every day, and sometimes even the grass roots were dug out. Chicken grass still had to be threshed, mixed with grain bran and wheat bran and fed to them.

In order to make chickens and ducks grow better, Lu Gu either goes to the river to touch snails or digs earthworms in the wet mud in his free time, brings them back, chops them, knocks them, and then throws them into the chicken coop. Fighting to eat.

"That's all right now, that old guy Zhou Yunzhi is afraid that I'll take advantage of a grain of rice in their house, so he won't come over to visit in a short time." Wei Lanxiang put down the basket, and said: "If she really comes, I will come again." Ask her about Hongqiao, she must be forced to leave, you are a heartless cheapskate, you have a thick skin to eat and drink at our house, and you are not afraid of getting plagued in the future.

" I haven't eaten Hongqiao before." After all, she was a little upset, but she felt better after cursing, and then looked at the thriving vegetable fields in the backyard, as well as the rabbit's nest, chicken and duck coop, her face changed back to Joy, I have a good life, so I don't need to care about others.

No matter how Zhou Yunzhi was an elder, Lu Gu could only nod his head in response to her, not daring to speak much.

"I'm afraid these are not enough, I'll go to cut grass with you two." Wei Lanxiang went to the front and closed the courtyard door, and went out through the back door with Lu Gu and Shen Yan.

The calf by the river was grazing with its tail flicking, and Big Hui followed beside it unhurriedly, perhaps a little bored, stretching its waist and yawning. Lu Gu could see the boy peeing on a tree from a distance. He ran over quickly.

Dabai and Dahei stayed in the house to watch the house, so there were so many rabbits, they had to be on guard, and the five-acre yard in the house was big enough for them to run freely without being too restrained.

Rabbits eat tender grass and wild vegetables, as well as young branches of short shrubs. The Qingxi River has a large boundary. After cutting the grass on this side, go farther to the other side. The weeds grow quickly and grow taller in a few days up.

Lu Gu mowed grass and dug wild vegetables, the grass juice and dirty ash in his hands turned black and green, but he had no time to take care of it. Seeing that this bunch of wild vegetables was loved by rabbits, and that bunch of grass was loved by calves, his mind was in a state of panic. occupied by work.

Weeding is also a tedious and laborious job. How many children are playing while weeding. Because the sky is overcast and it will rain, his hands move quickly, but when he sees a small clump of wild flowers, he carefully cuts them off and puts them aside. Shen Yan loves this, and pull a few more branches. If it rains later, if there is nothing to do, Shen Yan will weave a string of flowers to wear.

Before the basket was filled with grass, the rain began to fall.

"Mother, Yanyan, let's go back." Lu Gu realized that it was raining heavily, so he stood up and shouted.

"Okay, you two will lead the cow back first." Wei Lanxiang was the closest to the river, picked up the bamboo pole on the bank and drove the duck up.

Lu Gu led Shen Yan to lead the calf and ran home. The calf was very smart, and he didn't need to pull its rope to the back. It ran faster than the two of them. Looking ahead, he could only see a cow's buttocks, and he was one step ahead of them. squeezed through the back door.

This scene made both of them dumbfounded. Lu Gu's eyebrows were curved, and he couldn't help laughing on his face. Shen Yan laughed out loud, and said while running: "Brother Guzi, this cow is really dishonest. The two of them ate and drank to serve it every day, and ran away first, without waiting for us, and their buttocks were still twisting so happily."

After they ran through the door, they found that the calf kicked over the fence of the cow pen and went in, hiding in the dry pen and rushing. Seeing the two of them mooing, the big docile eyes looked very innocent.

Da Hui and Guai Zai were loyal, and came in after them, because Wei Lanxiang was behind, Da Hui was still standing at the door watching, as if waiting for her.

The rain was not heavy, Wei Lanxiang drove the ducks back quickly, and asked Shen Yan why he was smiling just now, and he was happy after listening.

A hay shed was set up above the rabbit nest to keep out the rain. Lu Gu carried a basket of grass to feed the rabbits. Shen Yan and Wei Lanxiang dumped all the grass on the ground and piled it up in a pile. In the afternoon, they could be mixed with hay and chaff. Bran is mixed together to feed poultry.

The house here is so big that even the firewood room and the hay room are built separately. Those who store firewood only put firewood, and the hay also has its own place. It is necessary to stock up the whole house before late autumn, which is the winter ration for poultry and livestock.

The raindrops fell more and more quickly, gradually forming a rain curtain.

Shen Yaoqing, who was working in the field, ran back. The new house is close to the entrance of the village, so she must hide here first. Shen Xuanqing, who was carrying a longbow, also ran in after a while, carrying a pheasant that was shot by a feather arrow in her hand. .

Recently, the autumn beans are about to ripen, and some wild animals are cropping in the field. Their family also planted three acres of peanuts. He went to the field yesterday and found that many of them had been dug out. Peasants dig up the seeds in the ground and eat them. Farmers hate them very much, and they only harm mature crops. Seeds are the roots, and once they are taken away, nothing will grow.

No, he went to the dry land again today, originally intending to scare away wild animals, but he actually caught one and brought it back to his family for a tooth-beating sacrifice.

"I also found a hen's nest." Shen Xuanqing put down the colorful male pheasant, and took out two wild eggs from his bosom to show Lu Gu.

Their family has a lot of chickens and ducks, except for the hottest summer when they lay less eggs. Recently, Lu Gu and Wei Lanxiang are raising them every day. At least twenty eggs can be harvested. Lu Gu eats one a day, and the others It can be eaten once in two or three days.

However, wild eggs can only be found in the wild, which is rare.

Lu Gu looked at it and asked him with a smile: "Later touch a few more eggs and fry a plate with these two." After all, there are

so few eggs, and there are so many people in the family. Shen Xuanqing loves scrambled eggs. Nodding in agreement, he put the wild eggs on the table.

Seeing the wild eggs, Guaizi came over to sniff them, lost interest after smelling them, wandered around to lie down at Lu Gu's feet, his big furry head was still resting on Lu Gu's shoe.

It was only half in the morning, and Ji Qiuyue was alone at home taking care of the children, and Wei Lanxiang put on a bamboo hat and hurried back.

The calf hadn't had enough to eat, and it kept barking in the backyard. Shen Yaoqing put on a coir raincoat and went to hold a bundle of grass for the cattle and sheep.

After resting his feet and drinking half a bowl of warm water, Lu Gu pulled out the pressed feet from under the boy's head, brought in a wooden board and a kitchen knife to chop grass, Shen Yan carried the chicken food bowl to the low house to scoop up a few bowls of wheat bran, Wait and mix it with grass to feed chickens and ducks.

The two of them were busy here, and Shen Xuanqing didn't go back. She helped deliver the grass and pulled out the feather arrow from the pheasant.

Shen Yan smiled and said, "Second brother, you help brother Guzi with work, and I'll weave flowers."

Lu Gu didn't forget the bouquet of flowers just now when he ran back.

It's not easy to be intimate with a large family, and there are various jobs to do every day. Shen Xuanqing is actually a little bit eager to stay with her husband for a while, but she still looks reserved when she nods. No one can know him at the moment except himself happy.

"In a few days, it's time to harvest chadou and peanuts. It's thirteen acres. I'll hunt in the mountains after harvesting." Shen Xuanqing squatted beside Lu Gu and said, looking at the arrowhead of the feather arrow in his hand, and put it aside , and said: "This year's family is also busy, and I have something to do every half a month. I haven't gone to the mountains a few times. I will kill a few more foxes in the future, so that I can earn back all the shortfalls spent this year."

Having said that, this year they harvested a lot of food, so they can eat and drink all year round. The pocket money they usually earn is enough to spend, and there is still eighty taels of silver in their hands, otherwise he would not be so at ease. stay at home.

Lu Gu has saved money in his hands, which is not as good as Shen Xuanqing's, but for a country husband, having so much in his hands is enough to support him.

After listening, he stopped chopping chicken grass, hesitated and asked: "Fox hunting requires two or three nights in the mountains. You once said that five or six skins are too few. Last year you stayed in the mountains for a long time. If you Going up the mountain alone, isn't there no one to cook?"

Shen Xuanqing didn't think about it, just bring some dry food up, eating and drinking is enough to deal with it, he paused for a while and didn't answer immediately.

Lu Gu's voice was not loud, but his expression was very serious. He said, "Hunting is hard work, and I will go up too. You will have hot food and soup when you come back." "The mountains are dangerous and there are many beasts." Shen Xuanqing retorted subconsciously

. It made him terrified, so he sent people down the mountain.

As soon as these words came out, Lu Gu stopped talking, and lowered his head slightly to cover up the disappointment in his eyes. He knew that he was weak and frail, but he just wanted to cook a meal for Shen Xuanqing, otherwise he would run in the mountains every day, and he would have to gnaw when he was so tired. Eat dry food and boiled vegetables, how can your appetite and body bear it.

But he also knew that Shen Xuanqing was doing it for his own good, and he couldn't think of any refutation, so he kept silent.

Having lived together for so long, the two have never had any quarrel or awkwardness. When Shen Xuanqing saw him bowing his head and keeping silent, he was a little flustered and even a little at a loss.

He was so anxious that he changed his words in a hurry: "Okay, you go too." Don't

lose your temper and don't ignore me.

However, he didn't say the last sentence, and he was stuffy in his heart.

Lu Gu didn't expect that he would change his mind and compromise, and the grievance in his eyes had not subsided, so he raised his eyes to look at Shen Xuanqing.

Ever since he came to Shen's house, he knew that Shen Xuanqing was cold and stubborn. Wei Lanxiang had also told him that just now he thought the matter was settled and Shen Xuanqing would not take him with him.

"Really?" he asked quietly.

Shen Xuanqing nodded vigorously: "Really, we will go together at that time."

Lu Gu couldn't help laughing, and Shen Xuanqing who was looking at him was greatly relieved.

In a few words, the two reconciled, but this was not a quarrel, at most it was a little awkward.

Shen Yan, who was weaving garlands, heard the words of the two of them, but she didn't take it seriously when she looked up, but she realized that there was something vague and indistinct sitting there alone without making a sound, otherwise if the second brother saw Come here, wouldn't everyone lose face.

The sound of Lu Gu chopping chicken grass sounded again, and the blade of the kitchen knife was a little blunt. He said while chopping, "I will sharpen the knife after chopping."

Shen Xuanqing handed him a bunch of grass and said: " Got it."

The millstone is at the old house, and it will be time to grind it when we go back later.

It was raining heavily. After chopping the grass, Shen Xuanqing rushed into the rain curtain with a food bowl, poured the fodder into the chicken coop and duck coop, and ran back to the main room in the rain. I bought two oil-paper umbrellas so I could go home with them.