Chapter 11

That day when Lu Gu was changing her wedding dress in the firewood house of Lu's house, Ji Qiuyue saw it and put it on when she left.

The fabric for the wedding dress was bought by the Shen family, and it wasn't originally made for Lu Gu. Lu Gu didn't feel anything about selling the clothes. He just wondered why Wei Lanxiang brought him along.

Wei Lanxiang took him to chat with passers-by on the commercial street in Fangshi to find customers. Fenggu Town is quite lively, and when there are more people, there will be more encounters. However, there will be a happy event in someone's home. See the wedding dress seller and come to see the material Ask for the price.

But Wei Lanxiang thought it was too little, even if the clothes were worn, they were only worn for one day, so how could they be sold so cheaply.

"I said that my sister-in-law also knows the goods. No one can say that this fabric is good after reading it. It costs five hundred yuan to pull the fabric, plus this embroidery work. Look at the stitches. How much thought did we spend, let alone two hundred Yes, if you really want it, three hundred Wen."

Hearing the three hundred Wen, the bargaining woman curled her lips, but the fabric was really good, and the price was cheaper than pulling the cloth. Press it again, pick and choose: "The clothes are too big, you have to take a lot of effort to change them when you go back, and you have to work hard to find similar materials to make shoes." She said, suddenly caught a glimpse of the wedding shoes on Lu Gu's

feet , and then looked at the pair in front of her head wrapped in linen cloth, there was faint blood on the forehead, it looked like a head injury, she seemed to be shocked, and said repeatedly: "This is what you wore? Does the newcomer have blood?" Auspicious, don't you get beaten while wearing this wedding dress."

Hearing this, Wei Lanxiang immediately became upset, pulled the wedding dress back from the woman's hand, and said, "What is auspicious or unlucky, sister-in-law, you want to buy it." Just buy it, forget it if you don't buy it, what do you do with such despondent words." She turned to Lu Gu and

said, "Let's go, don't sell it, go somewhere else."

Clothes were not sold.

The woman behind was a little anxious, she was just taking advantage of her injured twins to suppress the price, if she could win it for two hundred cash, who cares about the auspiciousness, she didn't expect her popularity to go away directly, He yelled twice from behind, saying to discuss it later.

Wei Lanxiang just pretended not to hear it, the good words made the man say too badly, why not find another buyer, why listen to these bad words.

The two turned to another street, which was closer to Fangshi. Wei Lanxiang said to Lu Gu, "I'm going to ask, you wait here, don't come here.

" It takes more thought, and we can no longer let people pinch this to suppress the price.

Lu Gu stood still and did not follow. With people coming and going around, he was a little helpless in the midst of it, he took a moment to pull himself together, and looked at Wei Lanxiang who was not far away.

No matter how he sells goods along the street, he has to walk around. Seeing Wei Lanxiang walking forward, he quickly followed behind, not getting too close, and only within the range where Wei Lanxiang could be seen.

As soon as Wei Lanxiang looked back and saw him, her heart was quite clever, so she stopped worrying about Lu Gu.

After wandering around the town for half an hour, he finally sold the clothes for three hundred cash. Wei Lanxiang held the basket covered with cloth tightly and took Lu Gu to the cloth shop.

Wedding dresses are not as easy to sell as ordinary clothes. If you are lucky, you will meet someone with a happy event. Besides, rich and rich people don't like the fabric style. Only farmers and ordinary people in Fenggu Town will come to have a look. If it is too expensive, people might as well tear up the cloth and go back to make it themselves, they can only sell it cheaply.

It sold for 300 Wen, which is pretty good, at least you don't need to touch the ones she saved.

In the fabric shop, Wei Lanxiang ruthlessly tore a piece of indigo coarse cloth for eighty renminbi. The fabric was not as good as a wedding dress, but it was dyed brightly, and it looked much better than the cheap raw ephedra cloth.

When she was buying cloth, she compared it to Lu Gu's body, but Lu Gu stood still and did not dare to move, letting her compare.

After leaving the shop, Wei Lanxiang said to Lu Gu as he walked, "This cloth will make you new clothes when I go back, will you know how to work?" Eighty

Wen is an extremely high price for Lu Gu. He kissed Lu Gu when he was eleven years old. His mother died, and he hadn't learned to sew clothes yet, and he had no chance after Du Hehua came. Unlike loach, he didn't dare to spoil such an expensive cloth, so he shook his head honestly.

Making clothes is a big job. Shuang'er, who is seventeen or eighteen years old, hasn't seen much of the world, and the family is poor and doesn't have much fabric for the hands to waste. Lu Gu is not the only one who is not familiar with life. Wei Lanxiang saw that he looked a little scared, so she said : "No, it's nothing, just learn it slowly in the future, your sister-in-law is good at making waistcoats, but she's not very skilled at making a whole body, and sometimes you need to spend more cloth." Lu Gu couldn't answer

, Just listening carefully, it was already past noon, and the two of them hurried back again.

After arriving at Qingxi Village, under the old trees at the head of the village, a few old ladies took advantage of the bright sun to gather together to gossip about various people and things in the village.

Seeing that Wei Lanxiang brought Lu Gu back, those old mothers asked, "Aunt Lanxiang, what did you do?"

Wei Lanxiang smiled and said, "This is not a piece of cloth for our Guzi, Make new clothes for me later."

She took out cloth from the basket and compared it to Lu Gu's body, and asked a few old people, "Look, does this cloth line our millet?" "

Oh, it's really pretty."

"My little husband looks good. Really handsome."

"This fabric is so bright, it must cost a lot of money."

Wei Lanxiang listened to their chatter, and said with a smile: "No, eighty."

Hearing that it is so expensive, old ladies Smacking their tongues, they exclaimed in unison: "Amazing!"

"You can afford it."

Wei Lanxiang smiled without answering, and then asked: "Grandma Ajin, I remember that you had some old clothes that were sold for sale a while ago, do you have any more?" Nanny Ajin put it down

quickly With chai beans in her hand, she sat behind, stretched her neck and said, "There are more."

Wei Lanxiang folded the blue cloth and put it back in the basket, and said, "Is there a lot? If there is more, I will give you three pennies. Come to beat the beans and make two new pairs of shoes for Guzi."

"Yes, there is enough for you." Grandma A Jin stopped peeling the beans, and hurried to the village with Wei Lanxiang with the dustpan in her hand, three pennies.

The clothes in her family are said to be old clothes to save face, but in reality they are shabby clothes that the farmer can no longer mend or wear, and they can't sell them if they ask others to sell them. Apart from their own, they also picked up a lot of unwanted clothes from others. There are a lot of them, Wei Lan Xiang heard that there were a lot of them, so she offered a price of three pennies, that is, to make shoe soles, otherwise someone would buy a bunch of rags and go back.

Ji Qiuyue was squatting in the yard chopping chicken grass, when she saw Lu Gu come back with a pile of rags, she wondered, "Where did this come from?"

Wei Lanxiang replied casually, "There is no scorpion at home. I bought it to paste the soles of Gu Zi and Shen Yan's shoes."

The Shen family made new clothes before Shen Xuanqing got married, so seeing Wei Lanxiang tearing new cloth for Lu Gu to make clothes, Ji Qiuyue was not uncomfortable, and she knew it Lu Gu didn't even have another pair of shoes, so it's a pity that he didn't know what to say.

But seeing her mother-in-law suddenly caring about Lu Gu so much, she was a little surprised.

Lu Gu put the rags on the ground, picked them together with Wei Lanxiang, if there were some that were too dirty and still had a smell, they took them out and put them aside, and washed them with water after finishing, otherwise they would be too wasteful.

Shen Yan put ducks in the pond, and he took the wooden basin to the back of the house to wash the tattered clothes, and he saw it.

"Brother Lu Gu." Shen Yan had just pulled a bundle of grass, and was sitting on a white stone to rest, when he saw him coming, he called out and asked what he was doing.

Hearing that Lu Gu said that his mother would make shoes for them, she was naturally happy, her almond eyes curled up, and she excitedly went to the river to wash with Lu Gu.

The busy and practical day passed quickly. After dinner in the evening, Lu Gu washed the dishes as usual, and Wei Lanxiang and Ji Qiuyue went to the village to visit before dark.

On the way, Ji Qiuyue couldn't hold back, and asked, "Mother, why did you think of making clothes for Lu Gu?"

Wei Lanxiang sighed lightly before telling her the reason.

That Du Hehua is not easy to get along with, after a fight in Anjia Village, Shen Xuanqing hurt Lu Daxiang, Du Hehua cried when she saw people, saying that their Shen family is not a good person, and even more ugly words were planted on Shen Xuanqing's head.

These gossips have more or less spread in the surrounding villages, and even Zhou Xiangjun has heard of them. When I came that day, I reminded her that gossip is always bad, even if they are not wrong, but there are people who gossip in spite of.

Shen Xuanqing and Lu Gu were splashed with sewage outside by Du Hehua, let's not mention anything else, Shen Yan will get married in the future, so he must not be dragged down and find a good family.

Now she not only wants to make new clothes and shoes for Lu Gu, but also raises him well. No matter who looks at it, they can't say that the Shen family is wrong, and even Shen Xuanqing's reputation can be restored.

Ji Qiuyue suddenly realized that it was true.

The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law went to visit like this. When Wei Lanxiang was talking about marrying Lu Gu, she sighed and revealed sadly that the reason why Shen Xuanqing bought Lu Gu was to save people, otherwise Lu Gu's reputation would be ruined by his stepmother. How could he survive? Even if he survived, it would be as severe as Du Hehua's attack. Lu Gu would have to be tortured to death if he stayed in the Lu family.

Xia's husband who was chatting with her nodded and sighed again and again, saying that it was true, and patted Wei Lanxiang's hand to comfort her.

This Mrs. Xia is kind-hearted and warm-hearted. Whenever he encounters injustice, he will always talk about it with heartache. Even if he talks too much, he can tell anyone a word, and he can't hide it. Tell him today, and tomorrow half of Qingxi Village People will know.

Lu Gu, who was tidying up in the kitchen, didn't know anything, but even if he knew, he wouldn't mind. Shen Xuanqing bought him from Lu's house, and he could eat and sleep well here. For him, it was really a rescue. he.

Wei Lanxiang was selfish in being nice to him, but that was different from Du Hehua. Du Hehua only dressed him neatly, but didn't even give him food. Well, telling outsiders can also be called telling the truth, compared to those sinful things Du Hehua did, this is nothing.

——Lu

Gu was lying on the bed at night, he was the only one sleeping tonight, he was a little more comfortable, but he didn't dare to move things, lay down obediently, and was cautious about turning over.

He thought of the indigo cloth and the shoes he had compared on his feet, and felt like a dream, he couldn't believe it, and the words Du Hehua once scolded him for not being good enough to wear new clothes could still be heard in his ears.

But now, Du Hehua couldn't beat and scold him anymore.