Chapter 142

I haven't gone up the mountain for a long time, and I'm used to staying at home. Suddenly, it was just the two of them. It was too quiet, without Zhao'er crying, and there were no loud aunts and grandmas in the neighborhood joking and chatting. Lu Gu still felt a little uncomfortable. Something is missing.

At night, the wind blows the forest, and the rustling sounds are even more quiet, and occasionally a few night birds can be heard.

The courtyard had already turned on the lights, blending into the night, the main room door was closed tightly, and the good boys Dahui and Dahei who followed were lying on the sacks and sleeping, their ears trembling from time to time following the movement outside.

In the room, Lu Gu and Shen Xuanqing had already fallen asleep. They dried their hair in front of the stove before dark. Now their hair is clean, and they can smell the wild bath beads in each other's hair when they hug each other.

It is not an easy task to go through mountains and forests. I left late today and I didn't have time to take a shower, so I just need to wash my hair.

In the countryside, the number of times the two of them washed their hair and bathed was considered very clean.

"In the past two days, eat dry food first. It's enough to cook the vegetables. You can also make vegetable soup directly. It's good to eat with dry food. You can cook after your hand injury is healed." Shen Xuanqing said in a low voice.

This time, he brought more pancakes and steamed buns, and Lu Gu agreed after hearing the words: "Okay, I'll cook wild vegetable soup for you when you come back." There are wild vegetables all over the mountains, so it's not a problem for him to go out and pick some wild vegetable

tips.

Shen Xuanqing hummed and said: "Don't go too far, you are alone, the wild vegetables nearby are enough to eat, if you want to eat bamboo shoots later, I will have time, or if you pass by the bamboo forest, I will dig some back." Because Dabai didn't

follow Come up, the boy will also go hunting with Shen Xuanqing. In this way, only Lu Gu is left, but this year Shen Xuanqing let him not have to dry all kinds of vegetables, and he doesn't have to bother to pick goji berries and fungi. Sweet The nest roots are too heavy, and the family can dig them in the front mountain. He doesn't need to hoard them. He just needs to do needlework in the yard every day, and he doesn't care about anything else.

Besides the wild boar incident before, Shen Xuanqing was worried that he would walk around in the mountains, and just stay in the yard to rest and recuperate. If he felt unsafe during the day, he could secure the gate of the yard, and it would not be too late to open the door when he came back.

This year's hunting was not very good, either there was one thing or another. Now that it was autumn, hunting foxes was very important. Fox fur was very valuable, so Shen Xuanqing wanted to devote all her energy to it.

Last year I hunted 19 good-quality fox furs, but this year I have to get 20 to sell. If there are more miscellaneous fox furs, I can sew a fox fur quilt for Wei Lanxiang so that she can cover her in winter. Legs and feet, he only got a fox fur quilt for Lu Gu last year.

Therefore, before going up the mountain this time, he and Shen Yaoqing had agreed that the family would harvest autumn rice in more than half a month, and the paddy field was only eight acres, so Shen Yaoqing would help take care of the harvest, so he and Lu Gu would not rush back .

There was constant wind outside the window, and the two of them slowly fell asleep while talking.

After a day's rest, Shen Xuanqing prepared all the water tanks and firewood for Lu Gu, and the two of them went to bed early at night. In the morning of the third day, he was full of energy, packed up and took the dog to hunt the fox.

Lu Gu stood outside the door and watched them walk away, their figures disappeared into the depths of the woods, and then turned back to the yard.

He was used to being busy at home, but suddenly he was a bit at a loss when he was free. The yard was not very dirty, only a few fallen leaves drifted in, and it would be clean after a little cleaning.

He has always been timid, and he would not dare to go far without a dog by his side. Shen Xuanqing also said that it is best not to go out if there is nothing to do.

Lu Gu leaned the broom against the wall, looked around and there was nothing else to do, it was still early, it was just dawn, and there was something outside, so he closed the courtyard gate, and the three gates were locked. Plug it in, so you can rest assured.

He always remembered the wild boar hitting the door. Now, even if there is a wild animal hitting the door, the three bolts are all there, and it won't be able to break open for a while. He just needs to hug the tree trunk that tops the door. .

There is no need to mow the grass, no need to herd cows and ducks, the boy is not around to make trouble, and Shen Xuanqing is not around, it is too quiet to hear, he was stunned for a while, and couldn't sleep, so he just took a sewing basket and came out, sat in the yard embroidering handkerchiefs Network child.

This time I also brought cut 袼褙, Shen Xuanqingfei shoes, and I make a few new pairs every year, and the soles of the shoes are indispensable.

While embroidering, Lu Gu thought, next time he went to the town, he would pull another piece of cloth to make a new dress for Shen Xuanqing.

Not to mention the money for eggs and duck eggs, now the money he sells for handkerchiefs is more than enough to buy cloth for Shen Xuanqing to make clothes, even the money he saved from selling wild bath beads and medlars last year didn't cost much.

When he was busy with work, he didn't feel anything, until the sun was shining on his head. After eating a simple meal, he remembered that there were wild wolfberries nearby, not far away, so he carried a bamboo basket on his back and went out with scissors.

The warm sun made people feel at ease. After finding the wild wolfberry, he cut off the branches with scissors and filled a basket before returning.

Dig out the bamboo plaque weaved last year, and pick off the wolfberries one by one to dry.

His fingers were wrapped with cloth strips, and he was not as agile as before, but he was not in a hurry. He picked these goji berries not to sell them for money, but to take them home and eat them. Put a little in the soup, and they could also be used as tea. The ones left at home are almost finished, and there are wolfberries in Qianshan, but they are not as big as the ones here.

Lu Gu sat in the yard, his fingers gradually became dirty and black, he was busy as if he had returned to last year, when Shen Xuanqing left before the puppy was bought, he was looking for work by himself.

Following up is nothing more than wanting to cook a meal for Shen Xuanqing, so that he will not be able to eat hot soup and hot meals after working outside for two or three days.

But this time was the same as last year, the fox came out at night, and Shen Xuanqing had to work hard to track it down, and she didn't come back until the evening of the next day.

The sun was setting to the west, Lu Gu closed the courtyard door early, and was hugging the tree trunk to push the door, but when he heard the barking of a dog from a distance outside, he quickly opened the courtyard door to welcome him out.

Guaizai was the fastest runner, and was the first to run up to him, wagging his tail and rubbing his legs, which made him excited.

Big Hui Tata followed closely behind, the four-legged one ran faster than the two-legged one, Shen Xuanqing fell behind, and before he came to the front, he saw Fu Lang who was looking around eagerly, and he couldn't help showing a smile.

"I'm back." Lu Gu didn't care about the boy, and stood still a few steps forward, with a smile on his face slightly bent.

"Well, I found a honey nest on the way and brought it back to make honey water for you to drink. This time, I was lucky. I got two foxes for the first time, and the fur color and appearance are good." Shen Xuanqing can't wait to share the harvest of these two days Tell Lu Gu.

After entering the door, he took out all the things in the bamboo basket, and Lu Gu stood by and looked around, and after seeing it, both of them were satisfied.

"There is rice left in the pot, it's still hot, I thought you wouldn't come back tonight, the stove was just turned off." Lu Gu scooped up water for him to wash his hands, and went into the kitchen to serve the food while talking.

In fact, I didn't cook much complicated rice, it was nothing more than heated pancakes, and the bottom of the pot was roasted wild vegetable and dried meat soup.

For Shen Xuanqing, being able to eat hot food as soon as he came back was the best reward for traveling for two days.

Lu Gu had already eaten, and he was sitting by the side watching Shen Xuanqing eating. My dear boy, they were all lowering their heads to eat steamed buns, and there was the sound of eating for a while, which made him feel that the house suddenly became lively.

The gate of the courtyard is well secured, so we are not afraid of anything breaking in.

"You eat first, I'll add some water to the clay pot, so you can soak your feet later." Lu Gu was not idle, it was already dark, and Shen Xuanqing had been busy for two days, so he should take a break early tonight and soak his feet It was just comfortable, he added water and heated up the firewood under the clay stove, and took a thin stick to light the candlestick by the way.

The hot soup made Shen Xuanqing's stomach warm and hot, and he could eat the dried meat and wild vegetables in it. He drank two bowls of soup and ate three pancakes before he felt full. When he put down the bowl, there was nothing at the bottom of the bowl. remain.

He sighed comfortably from the bottom of his heart, then smiled and said: "Yesterday I saw a fat dove in the forest, and I will come back in two days to make two stews. It is not convenient for you to get water on your hands, so I will not make the fish soup for now." , I'll go catch fish later when I'm free."

"Okay." Lu Gu nodded in agreement, the candlelight was reflected in his eyes, showing a slight smile.

——The

days on the mountain were quiet and busy. When Shen Xuanqing came back from hunting the fox for the second time, she really caught two fat doves and even six chickadee eggs.

He came back early today, before the sun set after dinner, he plucked the hair and removed the blood in the courtyard, and asked Lu Gu to boil the chickadee eggs so that they could eat them.

There is a law in the imperial court, and hunters cannot sell bird eggs at will. Therefore, no one buys or sells bird eggs in the market except chicken eggs and duck eggs. Even several rare and rare birds are only circulated in private, and few people dare to get them out. come up.

Shen Xuanqing knew that she didn't have a background in the mountains, so she never hunted rare birds. She only picked up beautiful titmouses to catch a few and sell them to others.

As for the bird eggs, there is no one living in the deep mountains, let alone someone from the court to take care of them. Besides, he is not selling them for money. After that, I seldom touched it. This time, because the dogs didn't catch prey, I thought about giving them a few chickadee eggs to satisfy their hunger.

This kind of tit can be seen everywhere in the mountains, and sometimes their nests can be seen on several trees in a row. They are not rare bird eggs, so he climbed up the tree and dug out a nest.

Although the government is far away, Shen Xuanqing has always been law-abiding, and will not touch things that are not allowed by the court. Otherwise, if something happens, it will be a disaster for him, a mud-legged person without any backing.

He once heard people say that a rare bird is worth a thousand dollars in the eyes of those rich and powerful, and the money came quickly, but he was not too tempted. There were old and young in the family, and he just wanted to earn money steadily. Dozens of texts and dozens of texts are less, but if you accumulate them slowly, there will always be a day when there will be more.

As for riches and honors, that's not something he can think about, so he doesn't think about it.

The plucked fat dove feathers were blown to the side by the wind. He turned his head to look at Lu Gu who was cooking chickadee eggs in a small clay pot, and asked, "I've eaten this egg before, and it's not bad. If you want to eat it, try it too." One, it's not something weird."

There are a lot of wild animals in the mountains, and there are also a lot of weird things, so you can't eat them casually.

Lu Gu shook his head, and said: "I have one egg a day, and I still give it to the good boys, six are just enough for three of them." That's true,

now they don't lack this bite, Shen Xuanqing smiled and stopped talking Now, concentrate on handling the fat dove in your hand.

Lu Gu also came to help after putting the chickadee eggs into the water.

The two plucked the bird's feathers together, and Shen Xuanqing said: "This stew is delicious, but the meat is not so good. If you don't want to eat it later, you can just feed it to the dogs.

" Bring the water and wash the fat dove meat before putting it in the kitchen. It is already late today, they both have eaten, and they will cook the soup tomorrow.

Guaizi whimpered when he saw the meat, but Lu Gu didn't feed it, so he put it in the cage and buckled it up.

He went out and fished out the chickadee eggs from the small earthenware pot. Seeing that the boy was really greedy, he didn't wait to let the chickadee eggs cool, but soaked the chickadee eggs in cold water, so that it was easy to peel the eggs with his hands. Two small chickadee eggs matched each

other For a good boy, it's like stuffing his teeth. After he devoured his food, the food in his bowl was gone. He wanted to steal the big gray, but he was murdered as soon as he got close to it. The same is true for Dahei. There is no dog I am willing to share it with it, but it can only stand by and watch Da Hui and Da Hei eating, and licks its tongue from time to time, its tail, which usually wags back and forth, remains motionless, and finally turns its head to look for Lu Gu, rubbing against his leg. Woo hoo.

Lu Gu couldn't laugh or cry, although the dogs in the family were very loyal, especially Big Hui, who was extremely humane, but he raised the boy with his own hands, like a child who can be favored, he would inevitably have a preference in his heart, but even if it is He also couldn't help Guaizi grab food from Dahui and Dahei's mouths, the tit eggs were just a little, and he had already eaten them, so he had to rub Guaizi's head to show comfort.

--------------------

The author has something to say:

Good boy eats chickadee eggs - Zhu Bajie eats ginseng fruit