Chapter 35

The dew is heavy in the morning, the mountains and forests are quiet, and there is still white mist when you get up early.

After the sun came out, the mist dissipated quickly, gradually there was movement in the yard, Lu Gu and Shen Xuanqing both got up. Last night, I boiled two large pots of water and soaked them in the bathtub one after the other to wash away my fatigue. I went to bed late because of the spring festival, so I got up later today.

Hunting fresh fish and digging loach is also labor-intensive work. If you are full, you will get twice the result with half the effort. If Shen Xuanqing doesn't go out in the morning, Lu Gu will cook rice soup. Do it with your own hands.

It's cold in the mountains, so I got up early and had a bowl of hot rice soup, and my body was warm after eating.

Before going out, Lu Gu watched the sun come out and the mist subsided, and it was no longer damp, so he poured the four baskets of peppercorns he picked yesterday on the bamboo plaque to dry. Fortunately, there were only two trees, otherwise there would be too many and a bamboo mat would have to be used. It was cool in the mountains in summer, Shen Xuanqing didn't bring a bamboo mat at all, it was not easy to get it.

The peppery smell spread out in the yard, and the two of them spread the peppercorns evenly with their hands. At the end, Lu Gu asked in a low voice, "Is there a stone mortar here?" After the peppercorns are dried, they can be pounded into powder with a stone mortar, and they are fried like salt

. Can play when.

"No, go back down the mountain and bring one up." Shen Xuanqing replied, Wei Lanxiang and Ji Qiuyue came up to pick the two peppercorns when they were ripe before, or he picked them up and brought them down the mountain by himself, and had never done them in the mountains.

Lu Gu nodded and said nothing more.

After finishing these things, they went out with bamboo baskets and fishing nets on their backs. They also drove the chickens and ducks out to find something to eat in the fence outside. You don't need to worry about feeding them anymore, the grass outside is full of small bugs that can eat them.

Shen Xuanqing cast a good net in the gentle and deep stream, and moved many stones with Lu Gu to build a half-leg-high small dam to block the downstream water surface. The river water flows out from the gaps in the stones, and the fish have both nets and stones. Blocking, not to mention small ones, big fish and stones can still be blocked.

After the big net was cast, the large mesh could only stop fat fish, and other small rivers could hardly get out of the mesh. The two of them set up another small net with dense mesh downstream, intending to catch some river prawns. The shelled river prawns are also bigger than in summer.

After finishing all these, Lu Gu followed Shen Xuanqing to the north forest behind the house. When he first came here, he heard Shen Xuanqing said that the north was dangerous, so he never got close to it.

Continuing to the north, there is a large dense forest, more than 30 miles away from here, which is not far away, but because there are wild boars there, and even the bear that the old Orion met came from the north, Shen Xuanqing is very special. Note that a lot of traps were dug horizontally in the forest in the north, several of them were big pits as deep as one person, and several rows of sharpened wooden wedges were buried under the pits.

It was a good thing that Lu Gu didn't come here before, but now that he came, he pointed to the cut marks on several nearby trees, one on top, one on top, one on top, one on left, one on left, one on left, and one on left, which looked like the word "口".

He told Lu Gu that once he saw these things in the mountains, he should not go any further. There were traps or wild boar traps. Isn't the trap dug just a mouth, waiting for wild animals to fall. This is a custom in their place. People who often go up the mountain know it, even Lu Gu knows it, but they have never seen it. The front mountain is full of small things, such as hares and pheasants. These years, they are rarely seen because people often catch them. Not going to set any traps.

Shen Xuanqing will come to the north to look at it every few days. The day before yesterday, she saw nothing, and the dog didn't bark. There should be nothing falling in, so she followed Lu Gu, who was carrying a bamboo basket, to the hickory tree and picked the leaves.

The leaves are a bit poisonous, mash them up and pour the juice into the river to intoxicate the fish, the fish will not die, even if they turn their stomachs over, they will pass out, and they will wake up after a while when the effect of the medicine wears off. Besides hickory leaves, there is also a kind of Buddleia, but unfortunately it is not so easy to find, not as convenient as tree leaves.

I saw a lot of hickory nuts, this is autumn walnut again, it will be ripe after a while, but Lu Guruo dare not come to hunt alone, he is timid and cowardly, if he really encounters any wild boar, wolf or leopard, he might not even be able to run Can't run.

But pity is not a bad thing sometimes, at least he won't be worrying about walking around in the mountains.

The leaves of the tree are not very poisonous, so they have to be picked a lot to be effective. The leaves in the bamboo basket were pressed tightly, and Shen Xuanqing carried it on his back when it was full.

The two of them went to the river to crush the leaves with stones. After they were done, they poured the juice and debris into the river in the water area of ​​the lower net. The green juice and broken leaves flowed in the water. Lu Gu stood by the river I looked at it, but because the effect of the medicine hadn't taken effect, I didn't see a drunk fish, but a grass carp had already been caught in the net.

Shen Xuanqing was not idle, anyway, he had to wait for a while, he carried a bamboo basket to dig loaches in the silt by the river, Lu Gu also followed, took off his shoes and socks, and rolled up his trousers very high.

"In less than a month, the rice in the paddy fields will be ripe, and then you can catch loach and eels in it, and autumn rice fish, which are more delicious than fish in the river." Shen Xuanqing bent over and rummaged in the mud while talking Look, my hands are covered with mud.

"Yeah." Lu Gu listened beside him, and he also stretched out his hand to rummage in the mud. Fortunately, he and Shen Xuanqing were the only ones here, otherwise it would be fine if they were barefoot, and the trousers could never be pulled up so high.

The slippery loach was twisting in his hand, Lu Gu almost missed it, and quickly threw it into the bamboo basket. In a short time, the two of them had caught seven or eight of them, and they were all fat and big. .

"I'll make some soup tomorrow. It's easy to feed. It's not like fish. It turns over after being put in a bucket for a long time. It can survive for a while with mud and water. I used to raise it in a wooden bucket." Shen Xuanqing searched again. Talking to Lu Gu, stewed loach is really delicious to nourish people, so I have to make my husband nourish and nourish.

While talking, the fish in the river gradually became drunk, no longer hiding at the bottom of the water, and swam to the surface to wag their tails, as if drunk, so this method of catching fish was called drunk fish, and some even turned white, It looked like a dead fish.

Maybe there is no one to catch here, but there are quite a lot of fish. Lu Gu's eyes widened when he looked at the surface of the water. Surprise made his eyes brighten. shore tow.

This year's weather is so good and beautiful, even the aquatic plants are luxuriant, and the autumn fish eat fatter. This net is heavy to drag up, and even Shen Xuanqing has put in a lot of effort.

In the fishing net on the shore, the undrunk fish writhed and slapped their tails on the ground, but the drunk one did not respond, because the water area where the drug was injected was long, and the net was not finished yet, Shen Xuanqing asked Lu Gu to go back Taking wooden barrels and bamboo baskets and deep bamboo baskets, I jumped into the river and caught fish and threw them on the bank.

Lu Gu ran back in a hurry, took the things and came back in a hurry, full of joy and busyness, the dog barked at the swaying fat fish, seeing so many fish on the shore, the joy of harvesting a lot made him face unconsciously. There is a smile on the ground, and for a while, I only feel the beauty of the mountains and waters, and even the wind blowing by my ears while running is joyful and carefree.

Shen Xuanqing scooped fish in the water with a bamboo basket, and the river water seeped out from under the bamboo basket. Lu Gu also fished in the water with a larger, deep bamboo basket. When one basket went into the water and then came out, there were several fish in it. in flutter.

Today's harvest was beyond Shen Xuanqing's expectation. Hundreds of fish were thrown on the shore. Besides grass carp, there were also many more expensive crucian carp and river eel, especially river eel, which was fattened in autumn and stewed together with tofu. Waist bones, many people in the town like to make this.

He had never been drunk with fish in the mountains before. The journey is long, and the fish are easy to die. On the way back, they have to be kept in water, which will only sink more. Besides, the Qingxi River flows all the way down the mountain, and fish can be caught anywhere. I didn't expect to work hard to get a cart fish back to sell.

Just now too many fish appeared in front of him, he was still young after all, he got excited and jumped into the river and threw the fish on the bank.

Now that he calmed down and took a look at the fat fish on the shore, he only went to catch river eels that were better and more expensive. Such a lot could sell for a lot of money. It was still early in the morning, and he could go down the mountain directly.

Lu Gu originally thought he would be back in two days, but now that he said he would go down the mountain today, his subordinates worked even harder.

Shrimp and small fish were caught in the dense net, and Lu Gu threw the small fish back into the river. The remaining white-shelled river prawns were so big and plentiful that they filled more than half of the fish basket.

In order not to waste so many fish, they used all three wooden barrels and two bamboo baskets to put the fish on the cart, locked the door with dry food and went down the mountain.

River eels are as easy to feed as loaches, and they are put in bamboo baskets. The cheapest grass carp is also in the bamboo basket, and the rest of the more expensive fish are in buckets. Even if the grass carp dies after going back to the mountain road for two hours, that is the same. Today's fresh fish is not afraid of people saying that it is dead fish and stinky fish. Because of the large quantity, it can be sold for a lot of copper coins at a low price, so it is considered a hard-earned money.

Although they were in a hurry, both of them were inexplicably happy. Even if this carload of fish could not be sold for five or eight taels, there were still some for two or three. Two taels of silver is also very good.

Although Shen Xuanqing made money from hunting, but when he was unlucky and couldn't get anything, he could only bring a few hares down the mountain to exchange for some copper coins, so two taels of silver was by no means a small amount. Earning two taels of silver is pretty good.

To make it easier for Shen Xuanqing to walk, Lu Gu carried the fish basket and a bamboo basket on his back, and put the heavy bamboo basket on the cart after walking for a certain distance.

The road was bumpy, and a lot of water in the wooden barrels swayed out. Fortunately, most of the roads they walked were not far from the river, and they could replenish some water while walking.

This kind of astonishment-like unexpected joy was with Lu Gu, and seeing her husband's eyes sparkling, seemed very happy, which made Shen Xuanqing feel good, tiredness is nothing, he is not unable to move.

Seventeen or eighteen years old is too young, full of drive, they just went down the mountain in such a reckless manner, and when they arrived at the door, even Wei Lanxiang was surprised to see the car of fish, seeing that they were out of breath, they seemed to be on their way It was too urgent, she was a little dumbfounded, she couldn't do it like this with great strength, the bucket was heavy, she hurriedly let her go home to rest.

Seeing that there are so many fish, Ji Qiuyue hurriedly went to the field to sell the fish while they were still fresh, and asked him to pull a cart to sell the fish in the town.

--------------------

The author has something to say:

Note: In reality, it is illegal to use walnut tree leaves to medicine fish, so don't do it.