Chapter 3

Dad pulls into a driveway in front of a two storey house. Its big windows give it the effect for a giants house. On the outside its painted a pale blue and white but the shades of blue colours are fading from it's long life of existence. Almost like a dolls house. I shiver at the sight of our old, new house to be. I was expecting it to be more modern. 

There's a rose garden at the front, which creates a warm feeling. A place to feel at peace with. A little path leading to the house is decorated with pansies my favourite flower. Just beside the house on the left hand side is the woods. The trees are brightly painted green and i can see a few birds flying around. Weary sounds swirl past my ear which are coming from the woods. Great... just great. That isn't quite as comforting. 

There's no fence to stop any wild animals coming in and especially after seeing that wolf I'm not so keen to stay outside for long. But besides that the woods look like a place where you can be free, free from the cruel world. I wish i could run beneath the canopies, and feel the rough pine needles scrunch under my feet as i run free. 

"Hey Earth to Jemma?" Dad clicks his fingers in my face.
"What?" I stare blankly at him.
I didn't realise my dad was talking to me till he punched me in the arm too. I was too busy day dreaming. 
"Ouch! What was that for?" I whine and cover the sore spot on my arm.
"You were in another world so i thought punching you would bring you back" He shrugs simply, geez the weird things dad does.
"I was just admiring our new beautiful house" i say with sarcasm and roll my hazel eyes. I turn my attention back to the woods, but listen to dad as he speaks.

Dad stares at me. "Told you Jemma i knew you'd like this place" He laughs at himself.
He jumps out of the car and starts running around the yard like a lunatic. A butterfly flew past his head and he skipped after it. Leaving me to unpack. Well at least he's happy. He wanders around the house, examining it. 

I get out of the car after having my laughing fit. Its not often when you see adults act like a child. I forget about my suitcase and walk along the path slowly. Its almost like the pansies are bowing down to me. I stop halfway and twirl around taking in my new home. Then i realise, dads disappeared. Seriously he got lost while chasing a butterfly!? This just adds to my list of fun things to do here.

1.Chase a butterfly and get lost.
2. Avoid woods at all times.
3. Give this house a makeover.
Not much on my list but im sure it'll expand soon.

Use ur imagination to create Jemma's new house in ur mind! Thnx for reading peeps, comment, vote and follow. 😄