Chapter 5

Pancakes yummmm ayyyy

"Good morning honey"
I walk down the stairs and see dad cooking in the kitchen. I love the kitchen, its got a big window over the sink which is facing towards the woods.

Plus i only love the kitchen because thats where food comes to life. Well food is my life.
"Morning dad what you cooking"
"You know i'd thought i'd make ur fav" he winks at me.

"No way Pancakes! I haven't had them for ages" i gasp as i see that dad has perfectly laid them out. Drizzled with cream, Nutella and a side serve of ice cream. He's made a smiley face using the ice cream for eyes, the Nutella for the yummy mouth and the cream for a nose.

I gobble them all up before you can say pancakes. I lick my fingers and sit there for a while as i want to enjoy this yummy taste forever. Nutella plays an important roll in my life, always providing meals. "Thanks dad thats the best breakfast ive ever had" I pat my now bloated stomach.

"Now you better get ready for school, your first day, its like going back to Kindy" he pretends to wipe away a fake tear. I just sit there groaning, great i love school. "Your uniform is upstairs in the spare room" He takes my plate and returns to the sink.

"Daaaaaaad do i have to go to school, cant you just homeschool me?" I whine and sink down in the high stool chair.
"Honey you know i know nothing"
"Rrrrrrrrr" i jump up and slowly drag my feet up stairs. Well doesn't everyone hate school? School is a real existing torcher chamber. I  wish we had a choice.

I open the door to the old spare room, i cough as dust engulfs me. Theres an old fashioned cupboard in the corner that looks like the Narnia wardrobe. Theres only one small window in here which allows little light. It looks like a small room because of all the boxes of ours. I dig through the box labelled "School Supplies".

My uniform lays at the bottom it is a sky blue colour, with a little blue and white skirt, a white T-shirt and tiny little black shoes. Apparently my feet are small and are never going to grow an inch at all. I'm quite small anyway, about 5'2.
I quickly try on my clothes, before walking back down the stairs. Dad laughs. "Well spin for me"
I roll my eyes and do a dramatic spin.

Dad stands there clapping like crazy "hooray hooray!"
"Very funny dad"
He hands me my bag and lunch. Hopefully my lunch is a Nutella sandwich. I walk to the door and move my hand lightly over the knob. Phew here we go again. Now ive stepped into another world.

Hope you like it comment, vote, and follow! Thnx😄