Chapter 21

Then the wind blows and howls, joining in on the chorus with the wolf. The trees swing and sway. They bow down to Kaiden and sing a song.

Leaves swirl around in a circle. A tornado like expression. The leaves hover above Kaiden. The wind picks up and becomes more stronger than before. I grab onto the the tree trunk and hold on with all my life.

The wolf lowers his head and digs his feet into the ground for support. The leaves continue to encircle Kaiden. I have no idea whats happening but i think im about to find out.

Ghosts suddenly appear, i gasp as i realise they're three witches. One with no eyes, one with wrinkles and one with much beauty.

They all chant a death recital, in a language ive never heard. They raise their arms and Kaiden rises into the air. What the..?

The leaves twirl and spin continuously around him. In a blink of an eye he's gone. The wind, leaves, ghosts and Kaiden have all disappeared.

The black wolf looks at me and bows.
Then i hear a familiar voice "Jemma! Where are you?!" Its my dad i turn around but the wolf has ran off into the shadows.

I take a deep breath and walk back the way i came. Which was North? Or was it South? Dad suddenly appears from behind a tree. I jump from the sudden appearance. "Dad!" I bolt towards him and we collide in a hug.

"Jemma are you alright?" He looks at my face and screws his face up. "What happened?"
"Dad you wouldn't believe me"
"Whatever you say i will listen"

"Can we go home first? Im starving"
"Sure"
I take one last look into the dark woods and see the blue eyes of my saviour.