Chapter 8

You'll find out who this is later

First period was English and now second period is Art one of my fav. Carla wasnt in my art class so i was alone. The teacher Mrs Burns introduced me to the class. "Everyone please make our new friend here feel comfortable and welcome" I hate getting the introduction. No one dared to look up at me, who cares anyway?

People didnt say anything they just kept doing their art. I spotted a seat over next to a girl with long curly brown hair and blue eyes. Just before i sat down she gave me a look of disgust and said "Um what do you think your doing?"
She scoffs at me and hisses like a snake.
"Im just going to sit here"
"Ah no your not i dont want such an ugly freak to sit next to me" She smirks at the end of her snarly comment.
All her friends around her laugh.
A girl with orange hair and green eyes yells out "Good one Emily!" And ends it with a disappointing snort.

I mumble sorry and walk away with a tear in my eye. Well this is how i get treated on my first day here. I move to a seat next to a guy with nerdy glasses but quite cute.

"I hope you dont mind if i sit here?"
He stared at me, i waved my hand in front of his face but he didnt take his eyes off me. "Ok..ay" i plop my butt down on the chair with my back facing Emily.

Then all of a sudden "oh no its ok you can sit there, its not often someone sits next to me" he smiles at me. He must see that im confused and asks "um did i blank out?"
I nod slowly not sure what to say.

"Im terribly sorry" he places his head in his hands. "Its ok why do you do that anyway?"
"I had an accident not too long ago, it affected my brain and now my brain just shuts down every now and then"

I can see in his eyes that this is a big deal to him. "Im sorry"
"Its not your fault, now just because im......."
Before he can finish Emily shouts over to us. "Hey retarded, nerd freak hows your brain going? Im sure it must be sick of you by now!"

All the girls giggle at this terrible joke. I turn around "hey why don't you shut your mouth! Im pretty sure you don't have a brain at all" Emily just sits there gasping.

I cant help but giggle quietly. "Hey thanks your the first person to ever stand up to her" he puts his hand out and says "My names Nathaniel Peters whats yours?"
"My name is Jemma Thompson" we shake hands. "Nice to meet you Jemma Thompson im sure im going to like you"

Thnx for reading guys vote, comment, follow.