Chapter 15

Jemma

"Run run, run!"
I woke up dripping in sweat. My heart was racing like crazy. Its the first time im a while that I've ever had a nightmare.

The last time i had one was when my mother left me. I dreamt that she was drowning in blood. I thought i was in blood when i woke up but it was only sweat.

This nightmare was much different. More pain, fear and death. It was like a bloodbath but happening right in front of me.

I sit up in bed, tears pooling down my face. My whole body was shaking, like an earthquake was brewing. My stomach churned and i run my hand over my chest.

I was checking for the wound but nothing. I was attacked in my dream i felt the pain and i still do. Ok just breath Jemma, it was only a nightmare.
I do my deep breathing exercises. Dont ask how i learnt that, lets just say i get real pinged off when on code red. (Girls im pretty sure you know what that is)

I hauled myself over to the mirror and flicked on the light. My bed sheets were laying all over the ground and a few objects from my side table, were scattered on the floor.

Forcing myself, i looked in the mirror, afraid of what i might see. But as i opened my eyes i jumped back in fright. My eyes weren't brown anymore.

They were yellow, yellow! I tried blinking but nothing changed. Blink blink blink. Nothing they were still yellow. How's that even possible.

I pinched myself and yelped. Nope definitely not a nightmare. I realised my hair was turning white. I screamed anything but my hair. So i reacted by running around in circles, holding my hair.

Dad must've heard me screaming cause i hear thunderous foot steps coming up the stairs. He slams open the door "Jemma whats wrong!" I run over to him pointing to my hair and eyes. Gasping for air, from this sudden shock.

He just looks at me blankly. I gallop over to the mirror. I glance at my face but its back to normal. My eyes are no longer yellow but a dark brown. My hair isn't white anymore. Just plain old me stands there in the mirror.

"Honey you look fine whats with the banging and screaming?"
"I thought i saw a spider on my bed"
"Ok well go back to sleep"
I pick up my stuff and put it back on the bedside table.

Dad grabs my blankets as i hop into bed. He throws my doona over me and kisses me on the forehead.
"Get some rest Jem"
I nod, dad closes the door and i spring out of bed.

Pls vote and comment. Hope ur enjoying my book so far.