Chapter 1

Jemma's Dad above

I shove my suitcase into the boot of the car and grunt as it squishes in to fit. Most of the items inside the suitcase contains objects such as makeup (tons of it), clothing and a few couple pairs of designer shoes. My stomach grumbles angrily at me, I grab a packet of Twisties and of course some Skittles, which in fact are my life source. My phone seems to be buzzing away in my pocket...I swear it'll explode, i take it out and see a message flash up on the screen.
"Goodbye, we're going to miss you!" My one and only friend texts, Kiara. I was considered the freak at Kirby High School , well pretty much every school I've ever been to. So i'm only able to have one friend. 

My dad wheels his suitcase out of the house and places it on the front seat. "I dibs shotgun" i mumble to myself, feeling unenthusiastic. I hate travelling. As a child i use to always get travel sick, it's really put me off travelling, forever. 
"Daaaad why do we have to move again?" I whine quietly sounding exactly like my friends baby sister. She's 5, and always sooks when she doesn't get her way. You do not take anything of hers, under any circumstances, she has a complete mental breakdown. 

"Honey you know its hard to get money these days, we have to move so i can sell my artworks, we both know you need to go to Uni don't we?" My dad raises his eyebrows, questioningly. True i do want to go to uni or college but can't we just stick to one place? Honestly i can't wait till i have enough money to get my own place. By the way he always calls me honey, i'm no sweetie though. My Dad and I have a close relationship as my mother left when I was young, and without explanation. To this day i have had zero contact with her, not even been able to find her. Dad never talks about her. I occasionally hear him say "Your're mother use to love this song" it's quite upsetting to see him whisper to himself about my mother.

"I know Dad but we don't have to move every month" I stomp my foot and pout out my lips like the retard I am.
"Just get in the car honey" He shakes his head in frustration.
I'm sick of moving towns, I make a few friends in a week then we have to move houses suddenly. At one stage in my life there was this really cute guy, my *friends*tried to hook me up with him but the next day I had to leave. I didn't even get to say goodbye. So I try not to get too attached to anyone, not like i had many friends anyway.

I sit in the back of the car and put my steaming hot seat belt on. It smells like pine trees in the car, i take a deep breath in and get a good whiff. Dad jumps in the car and turns around to face me.
"You ready honey?" He smiles widely.
"As ready as i'll ever be" i shoot him a fake smile, he laughs knowing that i really do hate this.

1 hour later

The car rolls further and further away, I watch my one week old home disappear behind me. Im actually glad I'm getting away from there. That place has to be one of the worst so far. Dad told me that we're moving to a place called Pine Grove.
Pine Grove is in the mountains somewhere. It sounds like a quiet little town. Probably nothing different than my recent homes. Maybe it'll be an abandoned town, hopefully, some peace would be perfect. 

Apparently there's a lot of kids that are my age, i cant wait. Note the sarcasm. I turn my attention to the scenery, I watch out the window and spot a herd of deer. They prance and dance around in the pink blossom flowers. A fawn jumps around its mother, complaining about wanting to run or maybe it's hungry. The field is full of spring colours, and the sun rains down upon it. The deer's slowly prick there ears up, listening for any sounds. I look around but don't see anything that could be causing them to stir. 

All of a sudden they run, run like their being chased by a wild animal. They race into the woods, disappearing. Such peace was disturbed, what evil creature would do that. I quickly turn my head around to look out the back of the car, i was searching the trees for any sudden movement or figures. If animals run doesn't it mean they are being chased? Then what i see blows my mind. I gasp with eyes wide open. So majestic...