Chapter 14

For the rest of the day i hang out with Logan. We laugh and joke around all day like we are best friends. We bond so well, i feel like we really do belong together. He tells me all about his family, where he use to live and just general stuff. Can't believe we're so similar.

I catch a glimpse of Nathaniel and drag Logan over to him. "Nathaniel meet Logan" i smile at Nathaniel and gesture towards Logan. "Logan meet Nathaniel he's my best friend" I smile proudly, as i look at my awesome guy best friends. Couldn't ask for anyone better.

Logan takes his hand out of his pocket and holds it out. Nathaniel looks at his hand and glares at me. He pulls me away from Logan. "Why are you hanging out with him?" He squints at me and watches Logan.

"Um because i feel different around him and plus he also saved my life today, did you hear what happened?"
Nathaniel raises his eyebrows at me.
"Yes i heard that some girl challenged an older boy because her friend got beaten up" He spits at me with anger.

"Jemma everyone is calling me a frickin 4-eyed wussy baby licker!And its all your fault!If you hadn't bashed him up people wouldn't be calling me names!" He pours out the words like it's acid.

"Nathaniel i was trying to help you" I say in a calm voice.
"Well i dont need your help and by the looks of it you dont need me" he peaks around me, looking at Logan.

"Nathaniel"....." But before i can finish he rushes off. "Nathaniel!"
Logan grabs my arm before i can run.
"Jemma let him go" Logan pleads me with his gentle eyes.
I slump but Logan catches me. I just want to curl up in his warm arms. All this collapses onto me, weighing me down. Ive only just moved here and this is what i have to deal with.

"He's my best friend Logan I'm worried about him, if i didn't stand up to Jonathan he would've got put down even more" I whimper at the horrible thought.
"Im pretty sure he can handle it himself he....." I cut in "No! he can't actually you've seen what those guys are like, their massive compared to him" I cry out, Nathaniel is independent. He needs support and just someone to be there.

"Hey Jemma he'll be ok he knows what he's doing" he gives me a reassuring smile. "Ok" i try to smile back but i just cant seem to.
Logan walks me home. All is silent while we walk. We stop at the front of my house. "Um so i guess i'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yea i wouldn't miss the world to see you" He smirks at me playfully.

I blush widely. "Okay bye" I wave at him.
"See ya" He waves back and blushes lightly.
He watches me walk inside the house.
I close the door, like closing an entrance to another world.

Short chapter guys soz, pls comment and vote.