Chapter 15 - A date to remember

The rumours about Riley and Ominis are spreading like wildfire, and no one seems to be listening to either of them. Riley gave up already and is counting down the hours until Saturday and her date with Sebastian. She has no idea what he's planned, but she's sure it's going to be amazing. 

When it hits Friday and the last class is over, Riley heads to the Library and finishes every single piece of homework left, so she can enjoy her weekend, or a day, with Sebastian. But there is one thing bothering her. It seems all the free time they've got, she barely sees him. Maybe it would be different if they were in the same house, but still. She would like to spend more time with him.

"Am I going to see you only tomorrow then?" Riley writes on top of the enchanted parchment as she collects her books and homework and heads for a late dinner. The Great Hall is almost empty, so she checks the parchment, and there is a response.

"I am with Ominis in the Undercroft. Come join us" It reads and Riley smiles. She hasn't been there since the first time, but she still remembers the way. Will it be weird with Ominis there? And what are they doing?

Not wasting any time, Riley makes her way towards the door and double checks no one is nearby before she enters. They are both there, Sebastian practising spells, and Ominis sitting on the floor writing something. Seems like homework.

"I was not expecting this on Friday evening in a secret place," Riley lets them know she's there and Sebastian turns around straight away, looking like an excited puppy.

"I would much rather be doing something different than this Transfiguration essay," Ominis says, bitterly, and Sebastian walks to Riley, abandoning his practice.

"I've just finished mine, what you're struggling with?" Riley asks and Ominis sighs.

"I am not struggling with anything," He says, in an annoyed voice again and Riley looks at Sebastian, who is shaking his head.

"Okay, then. You won't need my help to finish it now. You can spend more hours not struggling. I'll make sure not to bother you," Riley shrugs and Sebastian chuckles. Ominis sighs again, but Riley is now giving all her attention to Sebastian.

"It seems like we barely spend any time together unless it's planned," She says and this time it is Ominis who laughs.

"I've told Sebastian countless times, but he's not listening. If you want to spend time with someone, you need to actually spend time with them," Ominis states and Sebastian goes a bit red, looking away from Riley.

"I just don't understand..." Riley says in a low voice.

"There is nothing to understand," Ominis shakes his head and stands up, and with one swift wand movement, all his stuff is in his hands. "I will leave now. See you both later," He leaves the Undercroft, and Riley and Sebastian are left on their own.

"I have a great day planned tomorrow," Sebastian looks at Riley again, with a small smile. 

"All day?" Riley asks in surprise and Sebastian just nods, looking at her with a longing gaze. "Why don't we hang out more?" She adds, hastily.

"I did not want any more rumours to circulate and to worry you. You have enough on your plate with Fig, Ranrok and Rookwood. The best I can do is to make sure you are having a bit of peace and quiet" Sebastian almost whispers and Riley is trying her best not to melt. All this time she thought he may be playing some sick mind games, but he just cares about her.

"That's very nice of you. But I had to relocate to Library most of the time as there are rumours now about me and Ominis having a thing" To Riley's surprise, Sebastian laughs a bit and nods.