Chapter 60 - Goodbye, Hogwarts!

"I wish I could just ride my Graphorn. I'm sure I can enchant the luggage," Riley says as she walks with Erin towards the carriages and takes the first one she can see. Before getting inside, she smiles and reaches her hand towards a few Thestrals around and laughs when they let themselves be petted, with one of them giving Riley a little nudge.

"So weird," Erin says and Riley cannot imagine how it must look to her, to someone who has never seen death, therefore cannot see Thestrals. "Also, it is part of a tradition, so get your ass into the carriage and then train," Erin says as she disappears inside and Riley follows. Very soon they are joined by Ominis, who still seems to be in a mood.

"Will you cheer up?" Riley asks and nudges him, but Ominis sighs.

"I wish it was that easy," Ominis sighs and Riley groans loudly.

"One day, Ominis. One day. Just one day!" She says a bit louder, hoping that adding a bit of volume to her voice will penetrate the stubbornness. 

"At least we're in it together," Ominis says and rests his head on the carriage wall, while Erin and Riley keep talking, ignoring his loud sighs.

"So what's the latest? With the two of you?" Erin asks and Riley grins. She did not really have time to talk to anyone properly, as there was a lot of stuff to sort out. Professor Weasley and others seemed genuinely happy when Riley told them she wants to stay at Hogwarts, but Black looked like someone dropped a dragon dung right on top of him. Hopefully, a dragon will eat him alive during summer and Professor Weasley can be a headmistress. 

"I cannot fully forgive and forget, but a second chance is what we both need. I know some may say I'm being naive thinking I can make it better," Riley says and gives Ominis a look, "but a sixteen-year-old making few questionable decisions and a few poor life choices does not mean they are rotten to the core," Riley says and Erin smiles with understanding. Ominis, on the other hand, is still sighing audibly.

"Are you talking about you or Sebastian?" He asks and Erin laughs, while Riley gives him a punch.

"I will push you out of a moving carriage, Ominis!" Riley says while Erin laughs.

"Will not do a lot of damage," Ominis chuckles but Riley punches his shoulder again.

"Alright, I will not take you to Godric's Hollow with me, and you can stay with your family, or have a pleasant time with brooding Sebastian at Feldcroft," Riley says resolutely and laughs when Ominis all tenses up.

"Please tell me you're joking," He says but Riley says nothing, just winks at Erin.

"Is Sebastian not joining you then?" Erin asks and Riley shrugs.

"I have no idea anymore," She says and they both laugh, while Ominis is sitting there, all tense. 

Looking from the carriage as they take a turn, the castle is disappearing slowly.

"Goodbye, Hogwarts!" Riley waves from the small window as they are approaching Hogsmeade. 

"For now," Ominis and Erin add at the same time, and they all laugh, Ominis still looking a bit tense.

"Where are you staying during summer?" Riley asks in the Undercroft when their lips finally part.

"I am going back to Feldcroft to gather some things and then returning to the family house. It's not going to be easy, but it needs to be done. I wish I knew where Anne is staying," Sebastian says and Riley tries her best not to smile. She knows exactly where Anne is staying, and Sebastian would not be pleased. At all.

"Then I guess I will see you latest at the Hogwarts Express in September?" She asks and the grin spreads through his face.

"I will send you a poem every single day and the moment I sort everything out I will do everything to see you as soon as possible," He says with a big smile and hugs Riley tightly while spinning her around as well.

"And Ominis. I'm spending summer with him, remember?" Riley says and Sebastian rolls his eyes.

"Ah, yes. Ominis. That will be a joyful summer for you," He grins and Riley gives him a small nudge. "I'm so glad you're staying. I will be the best boyfriend ever from now on. If you, of course, give me a chance," There is that sheepish look again that makes her melt.

"I think we can try. But you are already one stupid lapse of judgment or an idiotic decision away from getting your ass dumped permanently and experiencing that Ravenclaw wrath you and Ominis were worried of," She says with a poker face. 

When Ominis mentioned that earlier on, she laughed at the idea of Sebastian being scared of her after what happened with Cecelia. But also, she did plan to destroy him. And one of the plans was to give him another chance and hurt him the way he's never been hurt before and break his heart in several small pieces, but that thought lasted not even a minute. Sometimes she's got a feeling Ominis and Sebastian give her more credit than she deserves. But she's gonna keep it that way and agree with a Ravenclaw wrath, as a precaution. 

"I will not let you down..." Sebastian says as he is inches away from her. "...again," he adds and tilts her head and plants a soft, sweet kiss on her lips.

"Otherwise you're a dead man walking," Riley grins and wraps her arms around Sebastian and kisses him back.

What starts as a sweet kiss turns very quickly into a more passionate one, as Riley nibbles on Sebastian's lower lip and lets out a small laugh when he groans and closes any remaining distance left.

Thinking back about this whole year, it has been a rollercoaster. She has gained a lot but also lost a lot. But the highlight is definitely Ominis. She has gained a powerful ally, and although they are cousins, she has also gained a brother. And no matter what the future brings, this is their summer. Just the two of them, in Godric's Hollow, awaiting exam results and planning their future. Going to visit Gaunt's for one day, and then enjoy the peacefulness they both need to start another year of school. 

As they approach London and the train finally stops, Riley waves her goodbyes to Erin and Amit and other Ravenclaws, and a few other classmates as well.

"See you soon, both of you, right?" Erin gives Riley a hug and Riley nods. Walking towards a tall figure Riley remembers from her memories, both she and Ominis take a deep breath and force a smile on Gaunt Senior.

"Tomorrow we are at Godric's Hollow together, for the rest of summer, just keep that in mind," Riley says under her breath.

"Are you talking to me or yourself?" Ominis smirks and Riley keeps forcing a smile.

"Both," She says and gives a polite nod to the man both she and Ominis hate. But it's just for one day. And hopefully, her grandfather will make it a good one.

Whatever next year brings, she will focus on her studies, on her future, and on her own decisions. And even though they may be dating again, Riley is not forgetting, or fully forgiving him for everything that happened. She needs to make sure no matter what happens, it will happen for a reason, and not in the shadow of his love.