Valentine's Day

Sorry for the late delay. I will post double to make it up to you guys!

POV Ash

It's Valentine's Day! The first one we are "offically" having together. The last one we were watching the kids but this time everyone is on a trip. I want to do something special for her since she has been through a lot recently. I'm pretty sure she also may have forgotten it is Valentine's Day today and I don't blame her. She has been throwing herself into work more and trying to cope in her own way. I'm just glad she is seeing Dr. Wells and not shutting me out. She is at work today but only for half a day. I got a text from her not long after she got to work saying how sorry she was and promised to make it up to me after work. I had to smile at the text I could just see her face after Penelope, most likely, dazzled up the place or handed out gifts for Valentine's day to make her remember. I had told her that is was ok and I wasn't mad. I also told her I had everything handled and that I wanted to make the day special for her. She then had told me how much she loved me and how lucky she is that I'm in her life making her want to cry and kiss her at the same time. That was a few hours ago and I already got the dining room set in a romantic setting and I successfully made her favorite meal, which I'm proud about. I have everything planned out. A romantic lunch when she gets back then we are going to take a walk in central park which I know she loves to do when clearing her head. I have a quick stop after and then we are going to come back home and I had set up the second living area into a comfy setting for a movie and dinner. I think I did good considering I only had 6ish hours but I also have been planning this for a week so I guess it's not that impressive...

"Ashley?" Jay calls out making me smile as I finish perfecting the table for lunch and grab the flowers I had picked up for her. I walked into the living room seeing her enter from the hall and smile at her. "Hi baby. How was work?" I ask walking up to her taking her bag from her and handing her the flowers. "Thank you love. Oh, hold on..." She says digging into her coat pocket smiling when she finds what she's looking for. "Here. I feel bad I forgot it was Valentine's Day so..." She says handing me a small box making me furrow my brows. "Jay... you didn't have to get me anything" I say looking up from the box. She just smiles and nods her head for me to open it. Undoing the ribbon and lifting the lid off. I gasp picking up the fabric in the box and look at her with tears in my eyes. "I didn't fully forget. I had a gift for you I just forgot it was... today" she says making me laugh a bit and look back at the fabric. "You probably know what it is, but MK helped me with it. It's from the jacket you stole from me then... went through a lot when Morgan and I were... you know. It was in evidence and I got it back but I didn't have the heart so MK and I made it into an everlasting symbol. A flower." She says smiling as I stroke the petals weaved from the jacket making me smile at her. "This is the best gift I've ever gotten" I say wrapping my arms around her and lean up to capture her lips. "Love you" She says making me smile into the kiss before pulling away. "Love you more. Now... Lunch and a Ashley planned day!" I say making her giggle a bit nodding and following me into the kitchen as I pull her by her hand not holding the flowers.

"You made my favorite?" Jay asks smiling as I bring the pasta dish out. "Yes, I asked David for the recipe. It may have taken 2 trys but I got it" I say smiling wide at my accomplishment. "Dig in, Come on tell me how it tastes" I say excited and nervous for her to try it. She laughs a bit nodding picking up her fork stabbing some pasts. She looks at me smiling before putting the pasta in her mouth. I bite my lip watching as she chews not hinting at what she thinks on her face. "It's not burnt is it? I left it in a bit too long on accident but I swore it was..." I start to ramble but she laughs setting her hand on mine making me stop talking. "It's better than Rossi's" she says making my eyes light up and smile wide. "Really? I think that's an over exageration but..." I say smiling tilting my head a bit making her shrug and take another bite. "I don't think so. You made it that alone makes it better. Burnt or not" She says making stare at her in awe. "I love you" I say making her look at me setting her fork down. "I love you too. Thank you for being so pacient and caring towards me the past few weeks" she says making smile softly flipping my hand to grip hers. "You don't have to thank me for being there for you. I will always be there. Your my person. We are getting married soon." I say making her nod and lean over to kiss me both of us relaxing into it. "Come on. Let's finish eating then we are heading to central park for a stroll and a suprise." I say making her tilt her head but nod. "Ok, Olsen. I'm not going to ask because you are a bad liar" She says smirking making me kick her shin lightly rolling my eyes. I laugh when she winces frowing at me stuffing her fork into her mouth making me laugh more. "Mean" She mumbles and I hold back another laugh stuffing food into my mouth eyeing her lovingly.