Winter Wonderland Getaway

Hey! This chapter will have some sensitive topics, past abuse and loss. But Don't worry it's not all depressing ;)

POV JJ

After the small situation with Ash and MK we ended up talking about everything and what they were feeling. We spent Friday night together and I pampered both of them. Then I insisted on Saturday they had a sister's day so the 3 of them hung out the whole day leaving Scar, Brandon, the kids and I to have some fun. It's now Sunday morning and I just finished making breakfast. Ash was on the phone in her office for something I didn't really catch. She's been acting a bit weird today, not bad but like... really excited about something that I feel likeI'm missing. I don't like it, my inner profiler is trying to come out to investigate. I sigh and set the simple yet delicious breakfast on the table and head back to the kitchen to grab our coffee's. "Hiiiii, It smells really good!" Ash says happily smiling wide as she walks into the kitchen. I squint my eyes at her as I add the cream to our coffee's. "Why are you so puppy happy?" I ask studding her body language. "What?" She laughs nervously and leans on the counter making me rais an eyebrow. "I thought we already established you are a terrible liar and I'm a profiler" I deadpan and she huffs and walks over to me moving me to face her. She smiles and wraps her arms around my waist putting her chin on my chest to look up at me. "I did something" She says biting her lip. "Do you need a body hidden?" I ask and her mouth drops open in shock. "Wha... No! Jennifer why would you think I killed someone? Better yet be so happy about that!?" She exclaims with a laugh lifting her chin off me. I smirk shruging my shoulders, "I can name a few people you would want dead just from this week alone" I say with a snort making her giggle and nod in agreement. "True... But nope!" She says popping the P making me smile softly at her giddy cute excitment. "Soooo.... What then?" I ask pulling her into me making her smile and rest her head on my chest. "I got a week off of work... well pretty much till January with a just a few days I may have to pop in" She says and I hum rubbing her back. "Good, you deserve it. What are you going to do with all that time?" I ask and she smirks lifting her head to look at me making me tilt my head. "I got you a week off too" she say innocently making me squint my eyes at her. "Is that why I had so much paperwork Miss. Olsen?" I ask and she nods sheepishly making me chuckle. "Why is that Olsen?" I ask and she smiles wide again. "We are going on a week long winter wonderland getaway!" She says and I laugh thinking she's joking but the look on her face is totally serious. "Your serious?" I ask and she nods. "Yes, I kinda forgot to tell you. I ment to Friday but stuff got in the way and then Saturday happened soooo, I'm telling you now! We have to leave in 5 hours though so we can get there by dinner. I already packed clothes we just need to get our essentials and some other small things you want to bring" she drops on me and I blink at her. "You are sneaky Olsen" I say making her giggle and shrug. "What about Luna?" I ask looking at the kitten who is now playing in the corner of the kitchen making us laugh. "Lizze and Scar are going to watch her. I have everything planned and thought of" she says and I shake my head at her leaning down to kiss her. "You are amazing. We should eat then and get ready" I say and she nods grabbing her coffee while I grab mine then head to the table to eat.

"Thank you both for watching Luna" I say as I hand Liz the kitten in her carrier. "Oh, pfft! It's no problem. Red likes her and Rose adores her so it's all good." She says smiling. "All her things are in the box if you need anything feel free to just raid our house" I say and she nods setting the carrier down the opening it up to let Luna run out. "You both have fun... Not too much" she teases making us laugh. After we hug them we get in the car and buckle up. We had called MK saying goodbye to them after breakfast so we are all set. "You going to tell me where we are going now?" I ask turing to look at Ash. She smiles and types the address into the car GPS. "Ovid? That's like what population 500 of something?" I ask and she nods smiling. "About, I think like 600, but it's small and I got a cabin in the woods. Little under 5 hours" she says smiling and I laugh making her tilt her head at me. "That's a murder waiting to happen" I joke and she shuffs shoving me making me laugh. "Good think I have my own personal FBI agent then. Now lets go I don't want to have you driving the slick roads at night. It's off troad the last 30 mintues adn there's a good amount of snow" she says and I nod leaning over to kiss her. "Love you" I say and she smiles at me. "Love you too. Now drive" she giggles as she puts on a playlist she so proudly made for this makin gme laugh as I back out of the driveway.