17

Maaannn I'm gonna have an 8-hour shift soon imma kms🥲
—————————-

Today, it's Milán's first day at the Pachuca academy and he's very nervous. Kevin and Leilah did their best to wear something that will not draw the attention to them since they're going to be at a public place.
Kevin: It's going to be alright! Me and mommy we'll be on the sidelines looking at you! Just take a deep breath and show them that you can do it!
Leilah: He's right, we know you're capable of doing it so it's time to show to them!

The little boy nods and hugs his parents before getting onto the field. Leilah films him doing some drills while Kevin roots for him. Milán was quite shy because he's the smallest of the group and it's hard for him to make friends.

The boys side eyed him a lot and talked about him while he was doing drills slowly. Kevin didn't like that at all and called Milán over when it was time for a water break.
Kevin: Hey, I know they are looking at you weirdly but all you have to do is kill them with your talent.
Milán: I want to go home...

He started crying and the boys laughed at him.

"What a crybaby!"

"Aawwnnn he wants to cry to his dad! He'll never become a footballer!"

Kevin heard them talk shit and stepped onto the field.
Kevin: What did you say about my son??
Leilah: Oh God here we go...
Kevin: Didn't your parents teach you manners?!
Leilah: Kevin, they're kids-

"Kevin?! Kevin Alvarez is here!!"

The parents of the boys quickly apologize to him and Milán and asked for pictures. It took him 10 minutes to finish taking pictures with everyone before the training session can resume.
Leilah: Woops?
Kevin: It's not your fault, I got carried away. Now, they won't get on his nerves.

In fact, Milán did much better than a couple minutes ago; he's much more confident and when they did a scrimmage, Milán did better than everyone.

At the end of the training session, he came back to his parents happily.
Leilah: See?? We told you that you'll do great! We're very proud of you!
Kevin: That's what happens when you never give up! Come herreeee!!

Kevin picks him up and twirls him around.
Kevin: I know it's a terrible thing to eat after practice but let's go get some ice cream! You deserve it!

The family happily get some ice and head home to celebrate his first day. Soon after, Jude called Leilah.
Jude: Hey Leilah, how are you?
Leilah: I'm good, and you?
Jude: I'm doing good. I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me?
Leilah: Oh! Yeah I'm down for it! Where are we going?
Jude: It's a surprise, but dress chic alright? I'll pick you up at 6.
Leilah: Perfect, see you at 6 then.

When she hangs up, Kevin makes it like he didn't hear her conversation by playing with Milán. It got him jealous that Jude is making the first step already so he knows he has to step it up. It's currently 2 pm so Kevin has 4 hours to work something out with Leilah before she leaves.

He makes lunch for the three of them to eat in front of the tv.
Leilah: Damn you really got better at cooking!
Kevin: It's just what my momma taught me!
Leilah: I will take the leftovers then!
Milán: Mommy look!

He gives her a drawing he made of his family; he made a big big heart around the drawing of his parents.
Leilah: Aawnnn it's very cute Milán!
Milán: This is what I want!