27

Diego hitting the crossbar🥲
—————————-

She looks at the text and sees Jude's name. Leilah decides to leave it for tomorrow since she's very tired and prefers to be in Kevin's arms right now.

After cleaning her face, she lays down next to Kevin who immediately cuddles her and gives her neck kisses.
Leilah: Mmhhh now that's a great way to be welcomed in bed...
Kevin: Only for you Mi reina...
Leilah: I love this very very much...
Kevin: It's the best way to fall asleep as well, goodnight...
Leilah: Goodnight to you too baby...

She kisses him before they both fall asleep.

Mariane is also about to sleep but her mind keeps thinking of her last encounter with Memo. A memory that she dug deep in her thoughts to forget about it but it's all coming back to her...

Flashback

It was a rainy night and Memo entered a bar. He was alone and sad; he sat down with his hood over his head.

"What can I get for ya?" Said the bartender, a lovely brunette.
Memo: Give me your strongest tequila.
???: Tough day?
Memo: Yeah...me and my wife got in a huge argument...and she booted me out of the house and said that we're done...I'm living at a hotel now...
???: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, I'll get you your drink.

She serves him his tequila and he chugs it down.
Memo: Another one, uhhh...Mariane, that's your name, right?
Mariane: Yes, you got it right. You seem quite familiar.
Memo: Trust me, you definitely saw me on tv.
Mariane: Memo?? Memo Ochoa?!
Memo: The one and only.
Mariane: Holy shit you're the last person I would think would come to a bar at this hour!
Memo: Like I said, things aren't too good with my wife, I just needed to dose off.
Mariane: Yeah it's understandable, let me know if you need anything else.

Mariane pours him tequila once more before she takes care of the other customers. She regularly checks in with Memo if ever he needed anything.
Mariane: We're about to close, it's time for you to go home.
Memo: When is your shift done?
Mariane: I have to clean the place up.
Memo: Do you live nearby? I can drop you off, for the good customer service.
Mariane: I'm down.
Memo: I'll be in the black Jeep in the parking lot.

She nods and makes sure to clean the place out very quickly. It's not every day you get the chance to go on a car ride with someone like Memo. Luckily, he didn't drink too much and is able to drive. Mariane closed the store and got into his car.
Memo: You can put in your address and I'll drive.

She does exactly that and they are on the road. They got to know each other a little bit more; he learned that she works as a bartender to pay for her university in order to be able to work as a team doctor. In the end, they sang some songs together.
Memo: Alright, we're here.
Mariane: Thank you so much for dropping me off.
Memo: I should thank you for your great customer service.
Mariane: Aaahh it was nothing! How about you come in and take a glass of water? You did drink after all.
Memo: Good idea.

They both got inside the house and she lets him serve himself some water. Mariane quickly changed into her room and came downstairs with an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Memo looked at her and quickly looked away.
Memo: U-uhm, nice house you have here.
Mariane: Thank you, I try my best to keep it clean.