26

Mexico is playing tonight let's goooooo 🤭
--------------------------------------

The team is now ready to go to Vancouver but still waits for Memo and Michele to arrive.
Kevin: Damn they're still not back from their date??
Diego: I'll try calling them.

Diego was about to dial their number when they finally arrived; Michele was walking side to side.
Diego: We were waiting for you two and- DAYUM MEMO GOT LAID!!! LOOK AT HIS NECK!!! 
Memo: You can never shut up can't you enano?
Diego: I'm not that short!

Everyone side-eyes him.
Diego: I'm not short...
Alexis: Sorry to break it to you but you're fun-sized.
Diego: Not funny!
Memo: Alright boys, are we leaving or not?
Kevin: We are, let's go.

They went inside the bus and they were off to the airport. Milán is playing with Diego and Alexis who teach him new words. 
Kevin: We really gotta keep him away from these two, should we? 
Leilah: If he keeps hanging with them, I know he'll get suspended a lot when he'll soon goes to school. 
Kevin: The academy offers school as well so we don't need to worry too much about that. Well, a little bit if he ends up cussing out his classmates. 

They both laugh. 
Leilah: Let's just hope no one pisses him off then! 
Cecilia: Hey Leilah, can I talk to you for a second? 
Leilah: About what? 
Cecilia: About this whole situation, I want us to start fresh. 
Leilah: And why do you want me to forgive you so badly? 
Cecilia: Just like I said, I want us to start fresh. 
Leilah: Is it because we're partially related? 
Cecilia: In part yes, but I feel very bad for what I did...Come on, let's make peace.

She reaches her hand out waiting for Leilah to shake it. She sighs and shakes her hand. 
Leilah: Fine, but it doesn't mean we'll be the best siblings in the world. 
Cecilia: It's fine by me, thank you. 

Finally, they can have some sort of peace. After a 30-minute drive, they arrive at the airport to board their flight. Everyone got inside the plane until a lady got in and looked out of breath. 

"Sorry I'm late, the traffic was crazy! She said to the coach. The team looked at her confused and wondering who she was until the coach introduced her. Her name Is Mariane and she will be part of the medical team.

The squad welcomed her one by one until it was the turn of Memo. When he got closer, he looked at her in shock and so did she; they know each other. 

They just shook hands and went to their respectful seats. He was petrified to see Mariane because it's been years since he hasn't seen her. He decided to focus on his wife and children during the flight. 

In London, Rubi and João are on a yacht with Mason, Kai and Jude for the holidays. The Premier League and Bundesliga are over so they have a whole month to relax.
João: Finally, some time to relax. 
Rubi: I know right? I get to fully enjoy my man...
João: We've got a lot of time for ourselves for sure. After this, do you want to go to Portugal with me? My family would love to see you. 
Rubi: Of course and then we'll go to Mexico. 
João: Sounds good to me, I'll let them know that we'll be coming over. 

Jude is talking to Mason and he's clearly not in high spirits; they planned this trip a long time ago and his plan was to have Leilah by his side. Destiny told him otherwise as she was in the arms of another man. 

He believes that it's stupid that she chose Kevin over him even if that man is her husband. It angers him deeply not to be the one making her laugh and smile; he would've done anything to have her and to make her happy.
Mason: Jude snap out of it! Look, I know it hurts you but at least you didn't start a relationship with her and she ends up hurting you more. 
Jude: I could've been so much better...
Mason: I know but you have to let it go, you'll find someone new. 
Jude: Mase, I got so attached to her...I just, I just have to talk to her again. One more time, I'll try to convince her. 
Mason: I don't think it's a good idea. 
Jude: I have to, I have to give it a try one more time. She's making a huge error being with Kevin! I have to tell her that! 
Mason: You're just going to make things worse! Let it go! 
Jude: I'm not guaranteeing that Mase.

Mason's arguments were not doing an effect on Jude; he was determined to go back there and convince her once more. His love for her is genuine and he cannot let her go just like that.

After hours on the plane, the Mexican national team finally land in Canada. 
Leilah: Oh it isn't as cold as I thought! 
Diego: If it ever gets cold, I got a whole stock of VapoRub so hit me up whenever! 
Hirving: Can we go to our hotel now??? 
Memo: We have to wait a little bit, the bus isn't here yet. 

They wait at the airport once more and Memo's eyes darts at Mariane; he wants to believe so badly that it's just a girl that looks like someone he's seen before but it's actually her. 

They have a small past together. 

Mariane is talking with the medical staff to know the player's current health and do some small checkups. One of the checkups had to be with Memo. 
Mariane: Memo, can I talk to you for a second? 
Memo: Sure. 

He follows her a bit further where no one's looking and looks through his medical documents. 
Mariane: Alright, so you have a bit of knee discomfort is that so? 
Memo: Yeah I do. 
Mariane: Okay, we're going to take a further look tomorrow before training. I'll let the staff know about it and make sure to rest. I see with all the fucking you've been doing that your knee didn't dislocate. 
Memo: It hurts less than the other day. 
Mariane: Good, keep resting it and do fewer big activities, dose down on the sex if you don't wanna walk with a cane. You can head back with the others. 

She's about to walk away but Memo grabs her arm and pulled her very close. It's like her breath was cut short when they were just inches close.
Memo: You know me. 
Mariane: I do know you, you're Memo Ochoa. 
Memo: No, you actually know me. 
Mariane: You've probably mistaken me for another girl... 

She's lying she knows what he's referring to.
Memo: Stop playing dumb with me.
Mariane: I'm not, I'm just trying to do my job.
Memo: Sure, I've "mistaken" you, my apologies. 

He lets go of her arm and she continues talking to other players. Mariane knows that Memo and her met before, it was years ago. Being so near him now makes her feel very nervous; Memo on the other hand felt himself blushing a little bit. 

The drive to the hotel wasn't too long as the players and their families get in their respective rooms. Kevin and Leilah put their luggage down and noticed that Milán caught a cold. 
Leilah: Aayyy Milán, I'm going to ask Diego for some VapoRub. 

She goes to the door right next to them to knock on the door. 

"WHO IS IT???" Diego screamed out. 
Leilah: It's Leilah! I need VapoRub, Milán is sick! 
Diego: Oh okay give me a second! 

The door slightly opens and he reaches his arm out to give her the Vaporub. 
Leilah: Damn, what are you hiding??
Diego: I'm naked! 
Leilah: You two are fucking all the time! When is the baby coming?? 
Diego: Soon, maybe, I don't know. 
Leilah: Alright, I'll let you get back into it then. 

She walks back inside their room and takes care of Milán. They put him to bed earlier so he can rest up. 
Leilah: Poor Milán, I'll take care of him tomorrow, I'll take a day off. 
Kevin: Okay, if you need anything tomorrow let me know. 
Leilah: I will. 
Kevin: It's almost time for dinner with the team, we can let Milán sleep. 
Leilah: Yeah, I'll just put the walkie on just in case. 

She does just that and they head down for dinner. Edson was too focused on being with his daughters than listening to the gossip at the table. 
Alexis: Did you know that Hailey Bieber has been stealing Selena Gomez's style??? 
Diego: And Becky G got cheated on apparently??? 
Hirving: Aayyyy no way! 
Michele: Damn, y'all are bigger gossipers than us! 
Lainey: For sure! 

Dinner went well with a lot of fun and laughs until everyone went back to their rooms. Kevin is laying down in bed waiting for her to come next to him. Leilah is in the bathroom finishing cleaning her face when she sees her phone buzzing. 

"Hey Leilah, I really need to talk to you" 

-----------------------------------------------------
✨Jude is pushing to make Leilah come back to him! Why is Memo acting very strange around Mariane? What kind of past do they have with each other? Let me know how y'all feel about this and see y'all in the next chapter!✨

E.M.M.L 😘