Chapter 3

I filled out all the files and then moved on. Once I finished at work I went by my mates house and heard a loud yelp.

I tensed and then I heard several curses and then a sigh. I approached my mates lawn with worry on my face and My mate burst out of the house smoke coming off him and his hair that was down past his knees.

I ran to him as he fell to the ground. OMG!!! IS he dead????!??!?!?!?!!? 

I turned him over and his eyes were closed and I leaned in closer to see if he was still breathing.

I breathed out a sigh of relief when his breath landed on my face gentle and fresh. 

I took the time to notice how long his eyelashes were and how delicate his features were and then I leaned down lower.

Lower and lower still until His breath was directly on my face and then I quickly gave a peck and then I hastily drew back in case he woke up.

He didn't stir but, continued to breathe and then his eye lids twitched and then he opened his eyes and his voice was raspy and barely audilble.

"Water." I looked around and then helped him up and he was cold as ice. I helped him back into his house were there were big chunks of  black ice scattered all over the floor and I gave him a puzzled look.

"Protection spell." He rasped and then I gave him a water bottle that was sitting in the pantry and he drank it and when he finished it the dull look in his eye was replaced by wonder.

"I never expected such a result from using a Koada Ice block from the east. If I only knew how much of each ingredient to use then I can make a powerful protection spell." 

He muttered the words softly but, the curious gleam in his eyes grew and I liked the look of discovery on his face.

He stopped and then looked at me and asked,"Would like like to see me a wizard in action?"

I saw the small smile and before I knew it I was nodding rapidly before he could change his mind.

He picked up the black rocks and then began to get all sorts of roots and plants of many sizes and shapes and put it into an old brewing pot.

"A brewing pot?" I asked in disguised delight. What kind of wizard uses an old pot nowadays?

"My family is really strict about tradition. My mother used a cauldren and now so will I."

He responded defensively and I could tell by the way that he moved that he wanted to show that using a pot is also a skill.

He poured in a red slimy liquid into the mix and then the mixture began to bubble and he took a big spoon and began to move it around.

A spoon? I watched him wipe the sweat from his face and neck and then he put the pot on a stack of burning logs and he sat down beside me and for a second I saw a sad look flash across his face but, it was gone as soon as it had come.

"Isn't it lonely living by yourself?" I asked and then I saw a ghost of a smile on his face and he gently replied,"I have been alone for many years so lonelyness is not a problem to me."