A little about Rai

The house phone rang and Mark rose up and answered it and then began to chat with whoever was one the phone then hung up.

He came back and shrugged with an obvious exaustion and said,"I'm so tired. Aren't you guys tired?"

Rai smiled and said,"Well then. Sora how about going somewhere with me?"

I wanted to say NO but, something inside me just sighed and I found myself nodding and then before I could object He began pulling me toward the door.

I expected him to call a cab or something before he simply said,"Let's go out for a walk."

I was surprised that he so simply said he wanted to go out for a walk. I would have thought he had something sinister or shocking in store but, his request was simple.

He took my hand and I felt uncomfortable but, let him hold it. It's not like he has germs or anything so this should be okay.

I moved the hair away from my face and said,"You should really try to keep your hair away from your face. It hides the handsome face underneath afterall."

I flinched and he simply laughed and kept on walking.

I saw a flash on hurt on his face before it smooth out and cunning took it's place and he took several steps forward and I saw that we were in a park.

He pulled me down unto a bench and we began to watch the people around us and Rai chuckled and I asked,"What's so funny?"

I followed his gaze to where two kids were fighting and he said,"I wonder if they know the consequences of their fight. I wonder if they know what could happen if one of them made one wrong move?"

I noticed the tense muscles in his arms and legs as he watched the two kids push each other screaming.

"Do you think that their parents will tell them to stop fighting?" I asked and he just laughed and said,"I think they might. If the couple standing by the benching are their parents they will be spanked for their behavior."

He stood up and pulled me up and he didn't turn back to cast one last glance at the fighting kids and said,"You have no idea."

We walked a while until curiosity began to bubble within me. I couldn't help myself when I asked,"Did you get into fights when you were a kid Rai?"

Rai smirked and asked,"I did. Ren got picked on as a child though. When I was born I was the one fighting."

"When were you born Rai?"I asked and Rai flinched and said,"When Ren was seven years old. He was a little scrawny old thing. He couldn't defend himself from bullies no matter how hard he tried to tell them to stop."

"Did you make them stop bullying him?" I asked quietly and He replied,"I made them stop for good. I did something that made all the little kids stop bullying him and start to respect him. "

"What did you do?" I honestly wanted to know.

He stared at me lazily and said,"It's not really all that important how I did it. It's the result that matters not what I had to do to get it. Ren deserved to be respected and not bullied."

"Did you bully other kids to get them to respect you?"

"Are you kidding Sora? I didn't see the need to do that. I became a villan and a Hero since I stopped a Bully and scared alot of the other kids."

"How did you stop the bully Rai?" I persisted and Rai smiled at me and said,"If you tell me something about you I'll answer your question about me. How about it Sora? Are you willing?"

"My Father died when I was young and left my Mother and I all alone."

Rai stopped short and I saw concern in his eyes before he could say anything I said,"Keep your end of the bargain Rai. Tell me what you did."

Rai smiled and said,"I was born. I used my fist and beat that guy up until my knuckles bled. When he was crying and pleading I made him beg in front of the other kids to show that I was the boss. Since he was a big kid I was like a hero but, it didn't last long."

He didn't keep going and we went home and I wanted to ask him more question but, he had a very tired look on his face.

What else happened?