Chapter twelve

====================================Sora==========================================

I got up in the morning and the smell of warm chocolate coaxed me out of my bed and I staggered to the kitchen and froze when I saw Ren preparing hot chocolate and baking sweet bread.

I shook it off and sat down and he sat down a huge ceramic mug filled with hot chocolate in front of me and I thanked him for it.

"How did you sleep Sora?" I heard the soft question and I replied,"I slept like a dead man."

Ha I made a pun.

"How did you sleep Ren? Any headaches or anything of the sort?"  I saw Ren shake his head and he took the warm read out of the oven and set it down on the table.

i snatched one up and it burned my hand and Ren came to the rescue with a cool rag and I wrapped it around my hand and thanked him for the towel.

"Be careful." Ren sat down and took a piece of bread and began to take tiny sips of his drink and I tried to do the same but, I scalded my tongue.

"I said be careful!" Ren gently chided and I frowned and waited for my drink to cool before I attempted to drink it again.

"Sora your face is really pale right now. Are you sure your alright?"

He murmured and I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile and said,"I'm fine!"

"Are you sure? I mean you can take breaks once in  a while too you know. You aren't a machine or something." I heard the genuine concern in his voice and I was touched by it.

"I'm fine. I really am I am just a little tired. " I assured him and then I looked at the clock and asked,"Do you want to go on a trip with me? I just want you to know that we will be gone for about three days." I warned and He said,"I'll go with you. I mean it's friday anyway and I don't use up any vacation time so I'll just ask to free up today and you and I can go. Should I pack anything?"

"Two days worth of clothes and paper,pens, snacks and thats pretty much it." I said and he walked off and I stretched and munched on the bread and then I left and picked up my backpack and ren bounced out and we got onto my broom and Ren asked,"WHere are we going now?"

"Kyote. I have been there once to collect Cherriloti flowers and I was amazed by how beautiful the city was. So I am out of flowers and now we are going to collect more."

"Isn't there some kind of market that sells these kind of things?" He asked and I just laughed.

"Of course there is! I know of a few market that can sell Cherriloti flowers but, hey where is the fun in just buying it? I mean it is cheaper just to go buy it yourself and you can also be sure of the quality of it."

He nodded and then got on and we flew into the blue sky and we picked up speed against the wind and then Ren yelled,"What is that?" I glanced down and then yelled,

"I don't know! I guess we are too far up. Do you want to take a further look at it?"

I saw his lips move and I went down lower and then cursed when I realized that it was a group of fire demons calling on some god of theirs to give them power and then we flew up again and this time I saw the very tip of Kyote mountain.

WE sped up and we landed on the soft cold ground and I walked forward and found the blossoms on the ground and Ren asked,"Are these it?"

"Yes. Now be very careful now. offer the flower you hand and whatever you do don't try to pluck any of it's petals."

I heard a blood chilling scream and thought: Too late.

I turned around and saw the once purple petals turn an angry red and I backed away slowly and Ren shot me a look of dread and whispered,"What do i do now?"